Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Schumacher
Wow! only 13 screws on the bottom. What an unlucky number!!!
count again only 12 screws the other screw he installed himself to make a custom antenna mount
Old 05-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by AdrianM
We started hearing reports of dogbone pin failures last week in the UK. I talke to Schumacher UK and there will new dogbones on the way to the US as of next week.

If you have a problem give Shu USA a call and we will get new drive shafts out to you at no charge as soon as they come in.
Are the dogbones the pblm or the pins?
Old 05-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Schumacher
Wow! only 13 screws on the bottom. What an unlucky number!!!
well if 13 spooks you, and your going to be adding your own antenna location like I did, the you could always run a battery strap, or run a couple of Xray's screw on weights. Then you'd be at 15 instead of 13.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The pin in the blade end of the dogbone is the problem. If you break one send it back and we will get you a new one at no charge.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:37 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
how did your cvd's hold up??
No problems.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

The Mi3 and the latest Mi2EC's use the same driveshafts. Talk to Schu UK and they will fix you up
Who do you suggest we talk to at Schumacher UK ?
Old 05-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Darkseid
dawg beat me to the pic, but I had taken the pic already, so here it is.

You'll notice an extra screw, thats for the alternate antenna position I used.

Also note the Schumacher colored battery tape.
hey Darkseid, are those titanium screws that you are using does if comes with the kit, thanks
Old 05-27-2007, 02:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I dont' know if they're titanium, aluminum, or stainless steel but they do not come with the kit. The kit comes with black steel screws.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:47 AM
Tech Rookie

How freely should my Mi2 run? Without motor engaged, and wheels attached when I spin they don't go for half as long as my mates XRay (doesn't 'whizz'). Is this just the design of the Mi2 or have I got some dodgy bearings? Both have ceramic bearings (I soak them in WD40 then put a drop of bearing oil on them each time) and there don't seem to be any stiff ones.

My mate is able to take the protective cover off his bearings and clean the actual balls themselves, is there a way of doing this on the ceramic kit for the Mi2?
Old 05-27-2007, 05:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

The pin in the blade end of the dogbone is the problem. If you break one send it back and we will get you a new one at no charge.
I had a couple problems with breaking a couple CVD's when I first started running the car, but since then haven't had any problems. I think I've only seen 1 person come over and ask for a CVD so far at the RROC. (Knocks on wood)

Weilin Rose is super fast in 19 turn, very impressive for one of the younger drivers. Jon Kerr's car is on point, quite possibly the best car in our tent. A-Lo and Mo both have good cars, but had some problems with getting a little loose yesterday towards the end. PW is the man, simply put, the guy can wheel a car. My car has been awesome since the start of day 2 when I made some setup changes, not saying it was bad on day 1, but I feel it is one of the best cars in the open class right now. Really disapointed with myself from my last run though, took the lead in the top 10 re-sort for a TQ pace and a few laps later rolled it in one of the carousel turns. Cost me about 1.5 seconds which put me back to 4'th for that round.

Last qualifier is this morning, and I really have a feeling that a few names from the Schumacher tent will be jumping up to higher mains in a hurry. The Mi3 is dialed!

I've said it a few times this weekend, but I couldn't be happier to be on the Schumacher team. Everyone works so well together, that it makes it easy to get your car dialed in fast. Thanks to PW and Jon Kerr for all of your help, and A-Lo for keeping me sane after my 3'rd round mishap, lol. I'll be sure to post my mod setup for anyone interested after the race is over.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:39 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buboy28
hey Darkseid, are those titanium screws that you are using does if comes with the kit, thanks
No, they're stainless steel.

And as Sigear mentioned, not they're not kit pieces. The kit comes with black screws.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:47 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by AlfaFoxtrot
How freely should my Mi2 run? Without motor engaged, and wheels attached when I spin they don't go for half as long as my mates XRay (doesn't 'whizz'). Is this just the design of the Mi2 or have I got some dodgy bearings? Both have ceramic bearings (I soak them in WD40 then put a drop of bearing oil on them each time) and there don't seem to be any stiff ones.

My mate is able to take the protective cover off his bearings and clean the actual balls themselves, is there a way of doing this on the ceramic kit for the Mi2?
As long as it is smooth with no binding I wouldn't worry if one car spins longer than another.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:50 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I had a couple problems with breaking a couple CVD's when I first started running the car, but since then haven't had any problems. I think I've only seen 1 person come over and ask for a CVD so far at the RROC. (Knocks on wood)

Weilin Rose is super fast in 19 turn, very impressive for one of the younger drivers. Jon Kerr's car is on point, quite possibly the best car in our tent. A-Lo and Mo both have good cars, but had some problems with getting a little loose yesterday towards the end. PW is the man, simply put, the guy can wheel a car. My car has been awesome since the start of day 2 when I made some setup changes, not saying it was bad on day 1, but I feel it is one of the best cars in the open class right now. Really disapointed with myself from my last run though, took the lead in the top 10 re-sort for a TQ pace and a few laps later rolled it in one of the carousel turns. Cost me about 1.5 seconds which put me back to 4'th for that round.

Last qualifier is this morning, and I really have a feeling that a few names from the Schumacher tent will be jumping up to higher mains in a hurry. The Mi3 is dialed!

I've said it a few times this weekend, but I couldn't be happier to be on the Schumacher team. Everyone works so well together, that it makes it easy to get your car dialed in fast. Thanks to PW and Jon Kerr for all of your help, and A-Lo for keeping me sane after my 3'rd round mishap, lol. I'll be sure to post my mod setup for anyone interested after the race is over.
Great report. Hope you guys get in some good runs today. Take a deep breath and wheel that ride today. Good luck to all you guys today.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Man what a night at jackson! My Mi3 was great from the start!
I went with the box stock setup rather than Pauls setup. Started out running 14.0's and made some changes as the day went on ended up running 13.0's! Qualifyed middle of the B and got a really bad start! I was catching the field when my rear body posts came loose! (forgot to tighten them all the way! duh!) Plus I had some brush hanging up issues. All I can say is WOW what a difference from the Mi2!

As far as brakeage problems.....I took a few REALLY bad hits, rolls, and airborn tumbles into concrete walls and only bent a CVD. Excllent work Schuie!

Next time out I will try Pauls setup. Ron was running Pauls setup and was about .5 seconds faster.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

One last wish of good luck to the Schuie team at the Reedy. I wish I was there, but I'll be seeing you guys at the Nats in July.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.