Search
Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jcan240sx
I am running asphalt mostly superior and adrenalin for now. I am located in Orlando. running 17.5 for now. got a t2 08/09 right now. Going full competition next race season and wanted something really competitive.
Then, I would recommend the Mi4. Great outdoor car
Old 02-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Feedback

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
Then, I would recommend the Mi4. Great outdoor car
Okay, Thanks.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I'll give you that but I had radio issue's while testing some stuff out I don't feel that will be the case the next time out. Time to have a battle of the once purple but now black cars....LOL

What's wrong with using the blades that Schumacher offers? Are you just looking to use the spring steel cvd? Billy has all the equipment to do the milling.
Theres always issues with something you drive, funny how that works
LOL you got your car anoed? Hahaha super dialed

Yeah the cvd's bend, but id like to try the ECS shafts. From what ive heard they do give more steering. I dont have chatter, but just messing with options.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

I am running asphalt mostly superior and adrenalin for now. I am located in Orlando. running 17.5 for now. got a t2 08/09 right now. Going full competition next race season and wanted something really competitive.

Im pretty sure thats where Marcos J runs? With his Mi4.

There both great cars, but obviously I pick schuie. Wouldnt run it if it didnt work You wont be disappointed
Old 02-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Feedback

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Im pretty sure thats where Marcos J runs? With his Mi4.

There both great cars, but obviously I pick schuie. Wouldnt run it if it didnt work You wont be disappointed
Not sure who marcus is but I take it you have done very well with the mi4. By the way that all black version posted on a previous page is that custom. If not where do I buy that.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Not sure who marcus is but I take it you have done very well with the mi4. By the way that all black version posted on a previous page is that custom. If not where do I buy that.
That's custom. I do almost all the anodizing for the black Mi4 guys.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah the cvd's bend, but id like to try the ECS shafts. From what ive heard they do give more steering. I dont have chatter, but just messing with options.
Enjoy your understeer
Old 02-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Dang, what are you hitting to bend your driveshafts?

Just for fun, where does one find these ECS driveshafts? I had some hard hits 10ft up in the wall at Westcoast because of those damned 6" high rolled curbs, nothing broke, just shaved spurs, then take out the tweak lol. I ask because I would like to at least try some double jointed driveshafts.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:30 AM
Tech Master

Hi all,
I have purchased a 2nd hand Mi4, this may sound like a dumb question but with the 2mm spacers on the rear arms what is the inboard toe-in?
the manual says to adjust rear toe use the grey spacers but I didnt get any with the car.the only ones I have are the 1mm and 2mm ones, just not sure what the toe in is with these spacers
thanks in advance
Old 02-08-2010, 03:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There is 2.5* built into the blocks. Each .5mm shim adds .6* of toe.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:23 AM
Tech Adept

Haha last time you ran you got lapped. Just remember that

And I have my car working way better now

But anyhow, about mi4's. Has anyone tried milling out the out drive slot to fit a xray blade and cvd? Maybe even try those ecs cvd's? I know some people love them. Others hate them.
I do a lot of indoors and tagging anything with a spool in = bent cvd or actually snapping at the joint.

Someone at my local club sold me a pair of xray spring steel 52mm shafts for £20 bargain! So filed out the outdrives, another guy from the club donated some 3.5mm blades.

Unfortunatly the hole for the pin to go into the hex are bigger than the Schumacher so you either buy xray hex or if youre a total tight arse like me, take them off an Axis heat up the pin and push it into the hex. Although you do need a washer to sit inbetween the pin and bearing to stop it binding up when you tighten the wheels on.

Done 2 club nights so far with these shafts, i havent had a major accident but ive clipped a few things that would destroy a Schumacher shaft. Plan on getting some ECS though, just didnt wanna blow a silly amount on drive shafts for it not to work.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am in teh market for a new car and just wanted to know how you schumacher MI4 guys are doing compared to the Xray T3. The reason for asking is parts availability. I am in orlando florida, so parts from schumacher are easily to get. Xray support is also great but there is a big price difference.
I didn't race a Superior yesterday but am there almost every month, look for the big white trailer, if you need some help we'll get you going in the right direction.

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
That's custom. I do almost all the anodizing for the black Mi4 guys.
Who can we go to to for anodizing if we are not black?
Old 02-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Hes a moderator on these forums (hes been MIA lately though?) But im pretty sure he races over there.

I love my mi4! Its been nothing but a great car. Yeah as Owen racing said he does all my anodizing. Gotta roll blacked out

Originally Posted by steveonamission
Enjoy your understeer
Haha as I said, some people love them, other hate them Team pink runs them in his 009 and is winning all the points races at his track. So they have to work decent?

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Dang, what are you hitting to bend your driveshafts?

Just for fun, where does one find these ECS driveshafts? I had some hard hits 10ft up in the wall at Westcoast because of those damned 6" high rolled curbs, nothing broke, just shaved spurs, then take out the tweak lol. I ask because I would like to at least try some double jointed driveshafts.
I think it just depends how you scrub the wall. New track layout at my track is crazy tight, and the wood boards arent friendly with cvd's LOL. Nothing else breaks or bends, just the cvd bone. But I know nexus racing has them online. Past that I have no idea, never really looked.

Originally Posted by JoelV
There is 2.5* built into the blocks. Each .5mm shim adds .6* of toe.
Im pretty sure its 3 deg of toe moulded in. Not 2.5?

Originally Posted by Ritchie T
I do a lot of indoors and tagging anything with a spool in = bent cvd or actually snapping at the joint.

Someone at my local club sold me a pair of xray spring steel 52mm shafts for £20 bargain! So filed out the outdrives, another guy from the club donated some 3.5mm blades.

Unfortunatly the hole for the pin to go into the hex are bigger than the Schumacher so you either buy xray hex or if youre a total tight arse like me, take them off an Axis heat up the pin and push it into the hex. Although you do need a washer to sit inbetween the pin and bearing to stop it binding up when you tighten the wheels on.

Done 2 club nights so far with these shafts, i havent had a major accident but ive clipped a few things that would destroy a Schumacher shaft. Plan on getting some ECS though, just didnt wanna blow a silly amount on drive shafts for it not to work.
Yeah same deal at my track lol. How hard was it to file the slots evenly? Ive been thinking about trying that out. Plus I can get some black xray CVD's So its a win win lmao!

Couldnt you just drill out the hole in the schuie hex? Or would that not work? Either way getting a set of xray hexs isnt that big of a deal, Just need the same offset as the stock mi4 ones. I do want to try the ECS, I know alot of people around here that love them, so just another tuning option.

Originally Posted by turbodog
Lmao!! I was wondering if someone would say something about that
Old 02-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

that right there is some funny shi....

thanks for the laugh
Old 02-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

I stated "Mi4" before I stated "guys".

So to break that down, that would mean "guys" with the "Black MI4's".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.