Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
That one is only for the toe-in, it has a selection of 0.4mm/0.8mm/1mm/2mm large diameter spacers.

If you want to do camber links, wheelbase etc. they only come in individual sets. I've been combining the 0.5, 1mm and 2mm sets and that has covered me for every adjustment I've needed.

Of course, if you are not fussy about colour, other brands do sets with multiple sizes!
Thanks I will try that I have been looking at other that have sets but they all appear to be plastic for wheelbase and toe in.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default 48 pitch gear chart?

I know I have seen this somewhere on the web. But I lost the link and would like to know it again. It had a bunch of setups from TOP drivers and other useful info on setting up and building the TOP car. What I am really interested in though is the conversion chart for 48P gears. I know everyone is running 64P but my local hobby shop doesn't stock anything smaller than 38 tooth and that is just too big. I have lots of 48p stuff so if I just changed the spur I would probably be all set. But would like to know what size to get.

thanks
Old 03-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by macdude
I know I have seen this somewhere on the web. But I lost the link and would like to know it again. It had a bunch of setups from TOP drivers and other useful info on setting up and building the TOP car. What I am really interested in though is the conversion chart for 48P gears. I know everyone is running 64P but my local hobby shop doesn't stock anything smaller than 38 tooth and that is just too big. I have lots of 48p stuff so if I just changed the spur I would probably be all set. But would like to know what size to get.

thanks
75T/48 is the same diameter as the kit 100T/64.

One point to consider is that any pinion over 30T/48 won't slide easily onto the motor without bumping the top deck on the way, so it's worth basing your spur choice on that.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sosidge
75T/48 is the same diameter as the kit 100T/64.

One point to consider is that any pinion over 30T/48 won't slide easily onto the motor without bumping the top deck on the way, so it's worth basing your spur choice on that.
Thanks.

So the smaller spur is better. That way it is less likely to run into that problem. As long as you can get the desired gear ratio.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

thanks
Tchub.info is the only consolidated top site I have found.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tallyrc
Tchub.info is the only consolidated top site I have found.
Dude that's it. Thanks I am book marking this time.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Adept

Photon in action at our local club

Fairly low traction carpet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mASCKN4arT8
Old 03-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok I got the car together and I am setting up the weight bias and total weight but I am a little perplexed as to where to add the extra weight to make it ROAR 1420 grams. I am about 100 light and there really isn't much room in the car for extra weight. If I fill up the weight tray on the side of the lipo I am really unbalanced and the car leans to that side. So I am just curious how we are suppose to make weight. Running a teking rs, Balistic motor, and ko 407s receiver and a ko servo.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ok I got the car together and I am setting up the weight bias and total weight but I am a little perplexed as to where to add the extra weight to make it ROAR 1420 grams. I am about 100 light and there really isn't much room in the car for extra weight. If I fill up the weight tray on the side of the lipo I am really unbalanced and the car leans to that side. So I am just curious how we are suppose to make weight. Running a teking rs, Balistic motor, and ko 407s receiver and a ko servo.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.
I spaced the weight tray out 1mm to move the battery weight to the outside of the car. I didn't have to use as much lead on the weight tray.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Photon for Sale

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...male-hubs.html
Old 03-04-2010, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

Default substitute dogbones

Guys,

my car came with all 4 aluminum dogbones. since I'm running a spool, the front ones need to be steel so they will be able to endure the stress that a spool imparts. Unfortunately, AMain hobbies is out of stock on the steel Top bones. Last night I discovered that the 44 mm steel ones from Tamiya fit just fine. They are direct replacement (just 1/2 mm shorter). They extend plenty far enough into the spool outdrives that they work just fine. So if you can't fine Top bones and you need a new bone or two......you can use the tamiya ones. Just a hint.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Stiltskin for the set up advise I will try that and see how it goes. I bought my car used as well and it also has the Tamiya 44mm bones in it as well as tc5 pin cushions
Old 03-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor
Guys,

my car came with all 4 aluminum dogbones. since I'm running a spool, the front ones need to be steel so they will be able to endure the stress that a spool imparts. Unfortunately, AMain hobbies is out of stock on the steel Top bones. Last night I discovered that the 44 mm steel ones from Tamiya fit just fine. They are direct replacement (just 1/2 mm shorter). They extend plenty far enough into the spool outdrives that they work just fine. So if you can't fine Top bones and you need a new bone or two......you can use the tamiya ones. Just a hint.
i think u can use Yokomo bd5 45.5mm bone too...
Old 03-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Is the Photon available from hobby shops outside California? The 9.75% tax here is just disgusting.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bull_Dog
Thanks Stiltskin for the set up advise I will try that and see how it goes. I bought my car used as well and it also has the Tamiya 44mm bones in it as well as tc5 pin cushions
You're welcome. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.