Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
I didn't mean to rustle any feathers. Im just trying to work through a frustrating race day for me.

Since my post, I have seen people saying 4.7 is geared WAY too low. I have seen people say that 4.7 is geared WAY too high, and I have seen people blame motor temps on driving too agressive in the infield (which i dont think is true). Our latest track layout is just massive...(rubber, outside parking lot) we have a like a 60 foot side straight, and a 100 foot back straight (somebody from FW correct me if those numbers seem way off), and the 90 degree turn seperating the two straights you can take at full speed, so in reality, it's one massive straight.

Id LOVE to gear up, and during practice I did gear up to 4.3 or so, and I was MUCH faster, but my car was coming off the track at 180 degrees, and it was still a pretty cold morning. The motor always gets 20-30 degree hotter by the middle of the day, which is why I had to gear back down.

I am NOT running a fan however... is this the key? Fan the motor, gear up?
Yes run a fan on motor..I look for race temps at 180* range for opt racing speeds. I run my fan direct thru speedo with a second switch to run fan. A track that size Im running 4.11 range.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
Yes run a fan on motor..I look for race temps at 180* range for opt racing speeds. I run my fan direct thru speedo with a second switch to run fan. A track that size Im running 4.11 range.
How's the blue LRP heatsink+fan? I can only find two... the LRP and the ones Integy makes. Anybody recommend me a nice heatsink/fan combo to fit onto a redline in a 009?
Old 06-29-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

How's the blue LRP heatsink+fan? I can only find two... the LRP and the ones Integy makes. Anybody recommend me a nice heatsink/fan combo to fit onto a redline in a 009?
Not sure on fit about heatsink, but the LRP fans do work great. I tested both LRP and Novak fan wired to speedo and both work the same.....
Old 06-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John Tag
Not sure on fit about heatsink, but the LRP fans do work great. I tested both LRP and Novak fan wired to speedo and both work the same.....
I use the LRP on my Redline 10,5T. It works great.
The best there is.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

mikky32, do you use the LRP heat sink and the fan, or just the fan?
Old 06-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I use an Integy heatsink http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...350&p_catid=28and a novak fan. It helped a lot in keeping the motor temps down. The screws just thread between the fins. Integy has others that include a fan.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

LRP heat sink and fan is the best available !!!
I am using the Nosram version in my mod.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Cap't America,

I sent you a PM.

Steve
Old 06-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Micro-E
mikky32, do you use the LRP heat sink and the fan, or just the fan?
I use only the heat sink because the fan is broken.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:20 PM
Tech Rookie

on the topic of heatsinks, has anyone had measurable success with using a heatsink paste b/w the motor and heatsink? I tried it once, but didn't check temps.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Cpt A: Your esc/radio issue sounds a bit off. Wierd for sure. The 3 led's are telling you that your nuetral has wandered away from the original set point you programmed the RS with in the first place. If you reset your model you MUST recalibrate your esc. If your radio is out of tune or the throttle pot is allowed to move this will cause this exact issue. I fixed an M11 over the weekend wit this exacti issue. You could even see the throttle move on the radio's display! Took it apart and found the throttle channel pot moving in it's housing. A little crip of the pliers and a drop of ca for good measure and he was fixed. This may be your case. Try a different radio if you can and see what happens.

The 199 software public version is being worked on. It adds a turbo function for the straights that is more than competitive with the other esc's being used right now.

We don't like letting out software that has an issue that we know about. This is why it's not out yet. We're aware of an issue and want it fixed before we let it out. Once we let out software we can't just recall it back and say oops.

I'm still working on the brake issues. I've seen some posts here but have only gotten one screen shot to look at. Please if you can send me your full setups and screen shots that would be great. The more info the better.

RP
Old 06-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Cpt A: Your esc/radio issue sounds a bit off. Wierd for sure. The 3 led's are telling you that your nuetral has wandered away from the original set point you programmed the RS with in the first place.
ok

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
If you reset your model you MUST recalibrate your esc. If your radio is out of tune or the throttle pot is allowed to move this will cause this exact issue.
RP
Must recalibrate the esc? What do you mean? Can you outline the basic steps? I really don't know what that means. All I have done is hotwire it up... set my settings how I want them, and load the settings into the esc, and vuala.

Last edited by Cpt.America; 06-29-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

IN the manual there is a part that talks about a master reset,that might be what randy is talking about and the re program it to the tx and redo the hotwire setups so wright them down
Old 06-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

hhmm.. the manual says something different. It says, that the signal is too high (which means what exactly?)

Must recalibrate the esc? What do you mean? Can you outline the basic steps? I really don't know what that means. All I have done is hotwire it up... set my settings how I want them, and load the settings into the esc, and vuala.
As you updated the speedo with new software, than you need to reset the speedo.
After that you recalibrate the speedo and you set your settings how you like it and your done.

Randy I will email you a screenshot tomorrow.
And with which motor it has no brakes.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pakk
I had to get a fan to get my setup where I wanted it. I run full boost and won't have it any other way. My fan and heatsink combo cool my setup a good 25degrees. I have plenty of room now for hot days.

--pakk
+1 - The fan and heatsink are required if you're looking to gear up and add boost, end of story...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.