Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
or greedy
Get real. Please. Rob doesn't benefit financially from this decision any more than you or I do...to imply otherwise is a sad, sad thing.

You've done a lot to build VTA in your area, NOBODY questions that. The sad fact is that like racing everywhere, THINGS CHANGE.

AND WHY IS IT THAT NOBODY ACCEPTS THE ABSOLUTE INCONTROVERTIBLE 100% ACCURATE FACT THAT NO PERSON OR RACE GROUP HAS TO CHANGE A SINGLE DARN THING IF THEY GENUINELY BELIEVE STAYING WITH THE OLD IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO LOCALLY???!!!

We did not change here for over a year after the 2s / LiPo spec was introduced. Why? Because we were fairly certain that a change of that magnitude wasn't "right" for our local market. Just like we held off for a year before implementing brushless in spec classes, and introducing LiPos after ROAR approved them, etc. In that year I have been the only person locally who had a 2s / 21.5 car because I travel a fair bit and race with other clubs that had adopted the new (at the time) spec. The same with brushless...our club held out an additional year, I built brushless cars to accomodate racing elsewhere. THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO "HAVE" TO CHANGE ARE THE COMPARATIVELY VERY FEW FOLKS WHO TRAVEL OUTSIDE THEIR AREA TO RACE...and they (we) are a VERY small minority of racers overall.

I don't know for sure that our club will adopt the new standard. I'm as cautiously confident as I can be that we will, but like anything we change here a vote will be taken.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Hey Rob.....doesnt Novak have an exchange program for their motors? Cant you send in the motor you have now and exchange it for another model....like say take my current 21.5 and send it back in them for a 25.5?

Just wanted to make sure I was reading what was said before.
right now, and until novak updates their info, you can only exchange the ballastic 21.5 for the ballastic 25.5

if you got a 21.5SS Pro - you stuck until novak does what they need to do for the SS motor exchange
Old 12-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rcmiket
I REFUSE to spend any more money on a "marginalized" series.
Hey...not a problem. We sincerely hope you have fun in whatever facet of RC you decide to pursue.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Hey...not a problem. We sincerely hope you have fun in whatever facet of RC you decide to pursue.
Dude do you realize you come off as being pretty "harsh" on here with your responses most people have questions, most have concerns they shouldn't be told to piss off basically if they don't like it.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:45 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Hey Rob.....doesnt Novak have an exchange program for their motors? Cant you send in the motor you have now and exchange it for another model....like say take my current 21.5 and send it back in them for a 25.5?

Just wanted to make sure I was reading what was said before.
Yes. We will add the SS Pro 25.5 to our BL Motor Service Replacement Options program.

1) 25.5 motor=more money invested. (see above)
2) Novak GTB (just got a Slyder in exchange for my burned-up GTB)= more money.
Rob indicated up-thread that he would include our discontinued XBR (replaced by Havoc 2S) in the 2010 rules and we will suggest that he also include our SLYDR esc. The SLYDR has the same on resistance (.0004) and features of the GTBs and the Havoc Pro and will provide identical performance. We can also add our Havoc Pro into the "G Code" exchange section of our Speed Control Service Replacement Options.

Next week, we will test all of these approved controllers with the 25.5T motor, under identical load, and publish the test results.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Next week, we will test all of these approved controllers with the 25.5T motor, under identical load, and publish the test results.[/QUOTE]

Cool can't wait for the results. Again I commend Novak for helping make the transition as painless as possible for us.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
Yes. We will add the SS Pro 25.5 to our BL Motor Service Replacement Options program.
Awesome....Thank you.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by k_bojar
right now, and until novak updates their info, you can only exchange the ballastic 21.5 for the ballastic 25.5

if you got a 21.5SS Pro - you stuck until novak does what they need to do for the SS motor exchange
I just read the rules this AM---give us a little time to get everything updated....

Technically, we do not exchange your Ballistic 21.5 for a 25.5, but you can purchase the replacement Ballistic 25.5 wound stator.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE

I dont know how to get ppl on this bandwaggon...when Ive already got them to get Novak 21.5's...just coming back to ask again seems....in bad taste, or greedy
Get real. Please. Rob doesn't benefit financially from this decision any more than you or I do...to imply otherwise is a sad, sad thing.

.....n.
Scott reread the quote, Darkside meant it would appear he was greedy going back to people and asking them to buy more stuff after just getting them to buy 21.5. He never implied Rob was greedy.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by smokefan
Dude do you realize you come off as being pretty "harsh" on here with your responses most people have questions, most have concerns they shouldn't be told to piss off basically if they don't like it.
Then perhaps you'll do me the service of identifying the "question" in this, quite honestly, rant to which I replied and you quoted:

Originally Posted by rcmiket
I not sure why I'm even posting here. I only get to race a few times a year. I got out of tc racing because the fun went away. I heard about VTA, and jumped all over it! Now the rules are getting all screwed up!

1) 25.5 motor=more money invested.
2) Novak GTB (just got a Slyder in exchange for my burned-up GTB)= more money.
3) A DRIVER FIGURE?????= Dork-o-meter pegged to the moon! I'm an r/c racer not a modeler! If I wanted to paint interiors, I'd do plastic models and save a boatload of dough.

Why mess with an obviously successfull series? I REFUSE to spend any more money on a "marginalized" series.
I'm just not seeing it...other than the obviously rhetorical "Why mess with an obviously marginalized series?"

And what was "harsh" about my response? It is obvious that Mike has made his decision...a decision for which I (and I'm quite certain none of the o-fishul USVTA leadership) hold no hard feelings. We understand. If I was going to be "harsh"...never mind. I sincerely offered my best wishes and would stand by that--I hope he has a great time whatever he decides.

"Harsh" is indicating people who actually LIKE the idea of the interior rule as, perhaps, pegging the "Dork-o-meter"...to the moon, no less. And "harsh" is denigrating a great series as "obviously marginalized" when it by no means is. HE just doesn't happen to like the direction chosen.

The fact is, VTA ain't gonna be everybody's cup of chowder. That was acknowledged from the very outset. Those of us who strongly disagreed when the change was made to 2s / 21.5 didn't throw up our hands and threaten to quit, we bought the gear and continued to race. Now that it's changing again (AFTER TWO FULL YEARS AND CHANGE OF THE EXISTING SPEC), a change with which I am obviously delighted, I'm going to be spending money just like everybody else. I've got 3 SS 21.5 motors that will probably be sent in to Novak for exchange. I wish they'd do an option to pay more and get the Ballistics in trade, but it's their call to make. Regardless their decision I've yet to see ANY other company offer so liberal an exchange policy as Novak have supported for years.

Last edited by Scottrik; 12-30-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You've done a lot to build VTA in your area, NOBODY questions that. The sad fact is that like racing everywhere, THINGS CHANGE.

AND WHY IS IT THAT NOBODY ACCEPTS THE ABSOLUTE INCONTROVERTIBLE 100% ACCURATE FACT THAT NO PERSON OR RACE GROUP HAS TO CHANGE A SINGLE DARN THING IF THEY GENUINELY BELIEVE STAYING WITH THE OLD IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO LOCALLY???!!!

We did not change here for over a year after the 2s / LiPo spec was introduced. Why? Because we were fairly certain that a change of that magnitude wasn't "right" for our local market. Just like we held off for a year before implementing brushless in spec classes, and introducing LiPos after ROAR approved them, etc. In that year I have been the only person locally who had a 2s / 21.5 car because I travel a fair bit and race with other clubs that had adopted the new (at the time) spec. The same with brushless...our club held out an additional year, I built brushless cars to accomodate racing elsewhere. THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO "HAVE" TO CHANGE ARE THE COMPARATIVELY VERY FEW FOLKS WHO TRAVEL OUTSIDE THEIR AREA TO RACE...and they (we) are a VERY small minority of racers overall.

I don't know for sure that our club will adopt the new standard. I'm as cautiously confident as I can be that we will, but like anything we change here a vote will be taken.
Im beginning to think you are a army of 1....I never said Rob or the USVTA made any money off anything...??....my point of being greedy is asking for to much to soon from my local racers....and just because you and your club delayed in getting to the "next" thing in VTA, doent mean everyone else waited till it got to fast for others to keep up.....Im trying to get away from any and all house rules, radar,higher fdr, 17.5 options ect...I want one set of rules to go by...and Ive finally got most if not all to get on the USVTA banner, and now it changes, 9 months or not....I would love to keep VTA strong and happy here...but not sure how to do that anymore

and its a strong possiblity that most in the southern areas will stay with the "old"...and run RCGT as our Pro VTA class( for adv esc)
Old 12-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TwoTone
Scott reread the quote, Darkside meant it would appear he was greedy going back to people and asking them to buy more stuff after just getting them to buy 21.5. He never implied Rob was greedy.
How could anyone think Darkside was greedy either...he's given damn near everything but the shirt off his back to build/support the local program. And how does HE benefit financially from the change? Not seeing it. My impression was that he isn't a shop owner, distributor, etc, that he's "just" an enthusiastic racer.

That said, if I mis-read his quote he has my sincere appology.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Man I am just saying that most have concerns that they should be able to air there complaints. I'm sure Rob knew that the crap was going to hit the fan and he is accepting it. I know when I first read the rules I was like what the hell I figured a spec speedo but not a speedo and motor. LOL BTW I have 2 cars to buy for and this is the ONLY class my son and I race. BUT I will and go on. My only concern now is how the transition will go here locally.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
I just read the rules this AM---give us a little time to get everything updated....

Technically, we do not exchange your Ballistic 21.5 for a 25.5, but you can purchase the replacement Ballistic 25.5 wound stator.
didn't mean to offend - was just saying that until it gets updated, not much can be done...I know you guys are working to get this straight as quick as possible

its been an interesting 12 hours or so since they rules came out...everyone running the class is a little on edge trying to figure out how this will all play out
Old 12-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

How could anyone think Darkside was greedy either...he's given damn near everything but the shirt off his back to build/support the local program. And how does HE benefit financially from the change? Not seeing it. My impression was that he isn't a shop owner, distributor, etc, that he's "just" an enthusiastic racer.

That said, if I mis-read his quote he has my sincere appology.
as darkside said earlier he buys prices trophies and gives his own money for the sport and to keep people interested... he is everything but greedy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.