Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwoods34
WE ARE GROWN MEN PLAYING WITH TOY CARS. It can't get any dorkier than that!
I dunno.... one of my other hobbies is this--
www.games-workshop.com

Also, anyone ever see those guys build R/C Battleships outfitted with BB guns? And then try to SINK each other?!?

Wait a sec, we may have a new hobby here! Radio Controlled Mad Max/Road Warrior/Warhammer 40,000!!!

I'm gonna start on my Space Ork Looted Land Raider of DOOM right now!!!

Old 12-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

WE ARE GROWN MEN PLAYING WITH TOY CARS. It can't get any dorkier than that!
Don't believe it? Ask 99.99% of women...as far as they're concerned it doesn't get a whole lot dorkier If anything enhancing the realism with a driver and interior tray might tone the "dork-factor" down a tenth of a percent to so in their eyes.

Speaking of which, I just ordered up a McAllister Stock Car interior to paint up and fit to my car. Had to order direct from McAllister...and those bad boys are HUGE. Spoke with Gary there and it was made with plenty to trim off either side (more to the right) and lots to come off fore and aft. Good thing because about 2" needs to disappear from the width and 2-3" of length. Doing a neat job of it will allow me to tape (or Shoo-Goo) it to the body and fill the entire "greenhouse" of the car so nothing potentially interferes with the running gear, etc.

The GREAT thing with nice interiors is that you probably would never have to do another one unless you chose to...just transfer it to new bodies as you replace/beat up the old one. The interior really shouldn't get much damage other than the odd scuff or scrape which can be touched up as you transfer it.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well, I'm close, I used to do Saturday afternoon Magic: The Gathering drafts at the LHS. That was a long time ago, though. There were usually people with Warhammer, and I have to admit it looked interesting. Some of the landscapes those guys created were amazing!
Old 12-30-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Here are pics of the McAllister interior buck--Gary said it's been long enough since they really worked at selling these he didn't have any pics of an actual painted interior.

He said they run 9 1/4" wide and 11 3/4 long. He said it's made with a 1" strip to cut away from the right side and about 1/2" or so from the left without cutting into any detail. As far as I can tell it will need about 2" removed from the width to fit my 'Cuda the way I want. Length-wise you can obviously remove a fair bit from either end without compromising the detail.

I can't wait. I'll show pics of how I mount it and how it looks when I'm done. If I leave the helmet off it'll look JUST like me too (admit it...some of you were thinking it..."dick head" )

Old 12-30-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Ditto
Play MTG when i can. I even run an after school game club where i teach. Can you believe that my students had never played Risk? It only took them 3 games before they learned to gang up on "The Black Plague" or that Australia is a great continent to start on.

Well, I'm close, I used to do Saturday afternoon Magic: The Gathering drafts at the LHS. That was a long time ago, though. There were usually people with Warhammer, and I have to admit it looked interesting. Some of the landscapes those guys created were amazing!
Old 12-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Rookie

iv been looking around the forum and i couldnt find any vintage setups for the sprint 2 flux. if anyone can redirect me to that thread it would be very much appreciated.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I can't wait. I'll show pics of how I mount it and how it looks when I'm done. If I leave the helmet off it'll look JUST like me too (admit it...some of you were thinking it..."dick head")

[/QUOTE]

That is priceless. Hope the helmet doesn't fall off after you sho goo the tray in!
Old 12-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Scottrik
The GREAT thing with nice interiors is that you probably would never have to do another one unless you chose to...just transfer it to new bodies as you replace/beat up the old one. The interior really shouldn't get much damage other than the odd scuff or scrape which can be touched up as you transfer it.
Is he going to list them on his site?? How much??? Also it would be badazz if he would rework the helmet to give them the old open face look.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by smokefan
Is he going to list them on his site?? How much??? Also it would be badazz if he would rework the helmet to give them the old open face look.
I think he said it was going to be $13.95 plus shipping. I'm figuring $18-20 landed for one. The shipping price would likely spread over several if a group wanted to buy them. Hell, if a bunch of people were TRULY wanting them I'd bet Stormer would order in a bunch.

I'd guess that if demand came up he'd list them on the site. I told him that they were identified by number in the new USVTA rules.

As far as the helmet, I talked to him about that. I kinda doubt he'll be interested in re-working it but I plan to try it myself. The helmet part will be kinda easy actually...the hard part will be the face. I'm guessing I can find some doll (OOPS, I mean "Action Figure") with an appropriately masculine face to represent me. I'm looking forward to playing around with this. Hell--you can probably even get goggles for a GI Joe.

That said, the full-face helmet would be entirely appropriate for racing "Vintage Trans-Am" as that's what most guys who race these ol' girls today wear. In fact a bunch of 'em wear HANS devices now too.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hogmansp
I can't wait. I'll show pics of how I mount it and how it looks when I'm done. If I leave the helmet off it'll look JUST like me too (admit it...some of you were thinking it..."dick head")

That is priceless. Hope the helmet doesn't fall off after you sho goo the tray in![/QUOTE]

reminds me of the decapitation at the Nats last year. That vert Camaro was beautiful.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmiket
I not sure why I'm even posting here. I only get to race a few times a year. I got out of tc racing because the fun went away. I heard about VTA, and jumped all over it! Now the rules are getting all screwed up!

1) 25.5 motor=more money invested.
2) Novak GTB (just got a Slyder in exchange for my burned-up GTB)= more money.
3) A DRIVER FIGURE?????= Dork-o-meter pegged to the moon! I'm an r/c racer not a modeler! If I wanted to paint interiors, I'd do plastic models and save a boatload of dough.

Why mess with an obviously successfull series? I REFUSE to spend any more money on a "marginalized" series.
The I quit list has already been posted 2 times.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
Yes. We will add the SS Pro 25.5 to our BL Motor Service Replacement Options program.

Rob indicated up-thread that he would include our discontinued XBR (replaced by Havoc 2S) in the 2010 rules and we will suggest that he also include our SLYDR esc. The SLYDR has the same on resistance (.0004) and features of the GTBs and the Havoc Pro and will provide identical performance. We can also add our Havoc Pro into the "G Code" exchange section of our Speed Control Service Replacement Options.

Next week, we will test all of these approved controllers with the 25.5T motor, under identical load, and publish the test results.
Wasn't sure on the Slyder's specs. This will be added, as well as the XBR.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by robk
The I quit list has already been posted 2 times.
Careful Rob...don't be harsh...seems to upset the natives hereabout
Old 12-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nitro neil
I agree with this but maybe change things up a bit. Maybe like do one change at first on a date then make another on a diffrent date. I think this way people could spread out the expense in the changes they have to make.

will the guy in the car have to be painted?
You can't spread your purchases out over 9 months?

Look, this is pretty much the part where everything is set in stone. It is a dictatorship, it has to be. Sept. 1, 2010, be ready.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trerc
I just think if change is gonna happen then it needs to happen sooner then Sept 2110. Why not give us 3 mos? I mean seriously 9 mos , There will be guys changing ASAP and guys that wait till the last minute and the long lead time just allows more time for problems between those converted and those waiting to convert.

Lets reel the last minute in a little so everybody can get on the same page sooner. I mean the cats outta the bag here, people are slowly accepting the changes. Lets work to employ them sooner, is what it is.
Originally Posted by nitro neil
I agree with this but maybe change things up a bit. Maybe like do one change at first on a date then make another on a diffrent date. I think this way people could spread out the expense in the changes they have to make.

will the guy in the car have to be painted?
Originally Posted by robk
You can't spread your purchases out over 9 months?

Look, this is pretty much the part where everything is set in stone. It is a dictatorship, it has to be. Sept. 1, 2010, be ready.
I think he was posting in response to my post (he quoted me anyway)...and that's supposed to be 2010 not 2110, obviously.

Last edited by trerc; 12-30-2009 at 07:34 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.