Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Intruder alert! Don't you have a battery bar to flatten out? :-D
hehe. I only have three packs, so it didn't take too long.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Evo arms??

A little question. I looked at the setup from Jilles etc.. from DHI cup and noticed that they use EVO arms front and rear?

Could somebody point me in the wright direction wich parts I must get?

Thanks!
Old 01-23-2008, 12:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stein Tumert
The short suspension have the number 53928 (will fit on TRF416 / TRF415MS and higher / Evo5 and TA05 with reversible / TA05IFS)
info on the evo arms above
Old 01-23-2008, 01:31 AM
Tech Regular

Hy there!

I posted the lines below in the Evo5 thread, but there nobody answerd, so i post it again here. Hope that one of you have experience with this.

TB EvolutionV post:

I read in the TRF416 thread that Victor Wilck setuped his 416 at the DHI Cup with a 0,5mm shimm under the rear block of the front suspension. That perform a little anti dive.

This works great with a spool and stronger motors i think???

But does it also make sense in Stock racing with oneway? Has anybody tried it out?

I usual run on tarmac 1mm shims under the blocks, and on carpet (high grip, and tecnical) without the spacers. But i havent tryed anti dive or kickup yet.

Greetings from Austria"[/FONT]
Old 01-23-2008, 02:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 01-23-2008, 02:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the info!
Old 01-23-2008, 02:54 AM
Tech Adept

last year, running on asfalt outdoor with medium grip and a 19T motor i experienced that using anit-dive or kickup wasn't my thing.
kickup was really bad as the car put all his weight on the front wheels when when slowing down for a corner with a one-way. this made the car really loose in the back. tried anti-dive too but this gave too little steering so i left them parallel to the deck.
when driving stock i dont think you brake that much. anti-dive, as said before here somewhere, makes your car more stable during braking as it transfers less weight to the front of the car. when driving stock you want an as high as possible corner speed because accelerating with a stock motor while having a nice straight-end speed dont go together...

now i have a question myself too, last year i set our new local track record with my awefull xray T2 . now i see that most of you guys at the DHI cup used the D-D blocks at the front. this is against what i noticed at my track. i used the narrowest possible front end to get as much corner speed as possible. whats the difference here?

later,
Mark
Old 01-23-2008, 03:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Markiempje
last year, running on asfalt outdoor with medium grip and a 19T motor i experienced that using anit-dive or kickup wasn't my thing.
kickup was really bad as the car put all his weight on the front wheels when when slowing down for a corner with a one-way. this made the car really loose in the back. tried anti-dive too but this gave too little steering so i left them parallel to the deck.
when driving stock i dont think you brake that much. anti-dive, as said before here somewhere, makes your car more stable during braking as it transfers less weight to the front of the car. when driving stock you want an as high as possible corner speed because accelerating with a stock motor while having a nice straight-end speed dont go together...

now i have a question myself too, last year i set our new local track record with my awefull xray T2 . now i see that most of you guys at the DHI cup used the D-D blocks at the front. this is against what i noticed at my track. i used the narrowest possible front end to get as much corner speed as possible. whats the difference here?

later,
Mark

The difference is the track surface I guess. Carpet will always naturally have more grip than asphalt, so hence less steering is required from the setups.
I always preferd running wider front blocks on the 415 on carpet, and it seems to be the same with the 416. Just seems to make the front end calmer, and easier to drive hard.
Outdoors, narrower seems to be the way too go, as I personally have always found that you need to gain steering outdoors, and narrowing the front end helps that (as does adding arm sweep).

Obviously, you need to get your car set for your track for best results, if you feel narrower is best, then go with it

HIH
Ed
Old 01-23-2008, 03:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Markiempje

later,
Mark
THX for the Info.

Greetings Blueman
Old 01-23-2008, 03:21 AM
Tech Adept

cant wait to get my 416!!!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Jilles, I look forward to running into at the TITC. Even though I am only running the 23t class, would you mind if I pick brains when you have some spare time.

You may remember, we shared a cab with Scotty one night last year going back to the hotel, I was the old bugger.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

Ed, what is arm sweep? what's it effect on the car?
Old 01-23-2008, 04:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default chasis prep

I have seen in this thread some people mention 416 chasis prep - sanding the edges and then sealing with a glue.

I have a 416 coming in the post, however have only had tub chasis models previously

Could someone please elaborate on the purpose of and detail of this process? Also which specific glue to use?

Thanks guys
Old 01-23-2008, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Simply, it strengthens the chassis. Also smooths the edges so not to catch on your racing surface.

Check out this thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98346
Old 01-23-2008, 05:14 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sohlman
Simply, it strengthens the chassis. Also smooths the edges so not to catch on your racing surface.

Check out this thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98346
Actually, not quite correct.
Due to the cutting processes used in making the plates, the edges of the chassis are actually exposed carbon fibre (hence the slightly dull finish). When you run some ca round the edges, your sealing off the exposed strands of carbon, meaning that you reduce the risk of the chassis delaminating.

As most of the plates are UD carbon (the upper and lower plys a wovens, internally the plates are UD's at 0° and 90° orientation), any exposed edges is BAD, as UD's are simply not as resistant to impacts as woven fabric (there's nothing holding the fibres together bar the resin), so split apart easily.

HiH
Ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.