Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
BTW, will Losi continue to support the Type R, and work on R&D to refine or develop a new car in future?
How can they CONTINUE to support the Type R when they never have supported it?
Old 06-25-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

I have noticed that there may be scope to move the batteries forwards when using a low profile servo. Could this be worth investigating?

Oh and cheers Paul!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalracer2
How can they CONTINUE to support the Type R when they never have supported it?
Makes me think of the Honda/Brawn GP F1 deal. Losi developed a great car then seem to have given up on on-road. All we have to do is buy one, stick a good motor in the back of it and go win!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
It really doesn't need much though. Since it was released the motors have got a bit heavier and the batteries quite a bit lighter. These days I think its a bit rear biased. To get 50/50 F/R you need a lot of lead up near the front axle. If the front to rear weight distribution could be compressed more to the center, it should technically turn in faster(rotate) and not be so stubborn to straighten up again.
I agree. My chassis is balanced side to side and front to rear without using the LIPO steel plate. Depending on track conditions I'll run another 1/4 oz in front the servo to give a bit front weight bias.

I notice a fair amount of difference by just keeping the spur gear as small as possible to keep the motor moved forward. I also shim the servo back as far as possible.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Makes me think of the Honda/Brawn GP F1 deal. Losi developed a great car then seem to have given up on on-road. All we have to do is buy one, stick a good motor in the back of it and go win!
IMO they never gave up the car cause of the cars performance, it's just this car was realeased on end of touring saga.

1/8th offroad got so popular latley they just never had time to do anything with this car. but rely on Micro size Team such as Larry F, Jason S and of cos Mike H.

now the Team is in NANO meter size

I had great pleasure watching those 3 amigos battling at 360raceway, now we get to watch in more evenly spread team in my local area.

hey! more choice better life is, aint it?

oh! I also think this is right moment to express my sincere feeling toward creators of Type-R

Todgemoto and Alien Jr (who quit) ....

Last edited by Marcos.J; 06-25-2009 at 10:56 AM. Reason: no need for it
Old 06-25-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

that is true
Old 06-25-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
IMO they never gave up the car cause of the cars performance, it's just this car was realeased on end of touring saga.

1/8th offroad got so popular latley they just never had time to do anything with this car. but rely on Micro size Larry F, Jason S and of cos Mike H.

now the Team is in NANO meter size

it's was great pleasure to watch those 3 amigos battling at 360raceway, now we get to watch in more evenly spread team in my local area.

hey! more choice better life is, aint it?

oh! I also think this is right moment to express my sincere feeling toward creators of Type-R

Todgemoto and Alien Jr (who quit) ....
John... you are right that we all left Losi through no fault of the Type R itself. Hodge, Gray, Kinwald, Francis, Chicky, Junior, as well as others spent a LOT of time developing the car... well over a year of hardcore race testing. The car is an awesome car. I can't say anything bad about it other than the fact that Losi's R&D effort towards making any changes to the car are just not there. They will continue to support the car to its fullest extent with parts, kits, and everything else they already make. Anything you guys want NEW for the car, someone else is going to have to produce.

Do not blame Hodge or Junior. They're both great guys that LOVE this hobby and wouldn't do anything but.

Last edited by Marcos.J; 06-25-2009 at 10:57 AM. Reason: comment removed
Old 06-25-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yeah guys please don't say anything bad about Hodge, hes the man and the reason the car has survived this long.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Yeah guys please don't say anything bad about Hodge, hes the man and the reason the car has survived this long.
+1
Old 06-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

That's too bad that the R isn't going to evolve any further. I've had mine since it was released (pre-ordered 6 months actually) and still love the car. It's getting pretty used up and I was hoping Losi would have something for me to look forward to. I guess it's cheaper to completely rebuild the one I have.

Ben
Old 06-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Guess we have to remember that "Losi" doesn't belong to Losi anymore.

Rod
Old 06-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The funny part about it is that while all these other car makers have released 4 different iterations of their car, the Type-R has stayed essentially the same and still ends up at or near the top of the results at major and minor races.

I would say keep an eye out for Flying Fox to work some more of his magic. These layshafts are pretty dam sweet and from conversations via email he has more in store for the car.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

sweet

when are the lay shafts going to be in stock?
Old 06-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalracer2
sweet

when are the lay shafts going to be in stock?
I just ordered mine off of his website instead of through his US distributor. Hopefully he has some in stock of his own so I can get mine in.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

They will be here very very soon, I always ship USPS priority mail and so far i've been able to get them out the door within the same day, so you will probably get the shafts more quickly ordering from me here in the States and postage will also be less.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.