Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The one big advantage of the Type R over any of the other chassis's out there is you will never have to tape a battery in your chassis. That alone is a big reason to get one. I don't know how many battery ejections I have seen already this season with improper taping or just tape wearing through during the race. I know I will never have to worry about that. In fact if you ever see a battery eject from a Type R there has been some sort of catastrophic failure!
Old 06-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
The one big advantage of the Type R over any of the other chassis's out there is you will never have to tape a battery in your chassis. That alone is a big reason to get one. I don't know how many battery ejections I have seen already this season with improper taping or just tape wearing through during the race. I know I will never have to worry about that. In fact if you ever see a battery eject from a Type R there has been some sort of catastrophic failure!
Does anyone use LiFe 2s2p? Will they fit there? I have 2 xxx-s g+ and ae tc5, thinking what should be next step?
Old 06-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Any of u's using this product yet? Ordered one today, so going check it out. Did a search on here but got nothing.

From flying fox. Was on red r/c awhile back.

The Flying Fox JRXS Type - R Layshaft combines the Layshaft, right Pulley Mount and standard Spur Adapter into one piece of precision machined 7075 Aluminium.

The benefits of this design are:

Choice of different spur gears and wider range of gear ratios
Slightly lower rotating mass
Absolute concentricity of spur gear and pulley
Wider pulley spacing allowing better choice of Lipo Batteries
Zero backlash between right and left pulleys due to the clamping effect of a screw rather than an e-clip to secure the left pulley
Old 06-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jkirkwood
Received the new FlyingFoxRC Layshaft from SkyRocketBatteries today and installed them in the car. The quality is very good and the installation was smooth. NO DREMELING required! CHEEERS for a product you don't have to dremel to get it to fit!

I was concerned that there maybe some added drag in the car with the pullies widened but there doesn't seem to be on the bench. The fact the layshaft removes the e-clips from the design is worth the cost alone.
Originally Posted by vr6cj
Any of u's using this product yet? Ordered one today, so going check it out. Did a search on here but got nothing.

The Flying Fox JRXS Type - R Layshaft combines the Layshaft, right Pulley Mount and standard Spur Adapter into one piece of precision machined 7075 Aluminium.

Zero backlash between right and left pulleys due to the clamping effect of a screw rather than an e-clip to secure the left pulley
Did a multiquote i'll reach out to a couple of the guys who purchased them for feedback.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

I use SMC's 5300 40c's so the extra little bit means no dremeling the Lipo's.

Thanks for looking into it for feedback btw
Old 06-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Did a multiquote i'll reach out to a couple of the guys who purchased them for feedback.
Who do we order these from please?
Old 06-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tim fry
Who do we order these from please?

http://www.skyrocketbatteries.com/pr...products_id=81
Old 06-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

I ordered mine this morning from them directly. Said nothing about being out of stock and payment went trough.

http://www.flyingfoxrc.com/
Old 06-23-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Received the new FlyingFoxRC Layshaft from SkyRocketBatteries today and installed them in the car. The quality is very good and the installation was smooth. NO DREMELING required! CHEEERS for a product you don't have to dremel to get it to fit!

I was concerned that there maybe some added drag in the car with the pullies widened but there doesn't seem to be on the bench. The fact the layshaft removes the e-clips from the design is worth the cost alone.
I'll add to my review.

I've gotten to run the car several times since installing the product. My laptimes have suffered no negative impacts, the spur and pullies are running very true, the removal of the drive train backlash makes the car very consistent coming off the turns. The cost of PRS spur gear adapter and Losi JRXS "downgraded" layshaft almost equals the FlyingFoxRC layshaft and the quality is not near as good and you will save time in modifying the pullies to fit some of the lipos and be a lighter overall setup.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'll add to my review.

I've gotten to run the car several times since installing the product. My laptimes have suffered no negative impacts, the spur and pullies are running very true, the removal of the drive train backlash makes the car very consistent coming off the turns. The cost of PRS spur gear adapter and Losi JRXS "downgraded" layshaft almost equals the FlyingFoxRC layshaft and the quality is not near as good and you will save time in modifying the pullies to fit some of the lipos and be a lighter overall setup.

I did downgraded my shaft to thicker one

bought a RPS adaptor

and of cos spend hours to shaved those pullies down.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I don't get it
Old 06-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for the mention.

The next shipment of layshafts will arrive in the States in just over 1 day. If you order from me it takes around 10 days postage, so it will be quicker and a little cheaper if you can wait to order from SkyRocket. http://www.skyrocketbatteries.com

A big thankyou to everyone who has bought one. I hope you are as happy with it as I am.

Cheers.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dfiantii
I don't get it
if your going to buy the type-r then I strongly suggesting you to buy that shaft, before down graded a shaft (to prevent spur gear grindiing), buy RPS adaptor (to fits a smaller spur gear if you race 13.5 or 17.5 BL moto) and shaved pullies (to fits most Lipo pack)

hope this help you

PS: I hope this dont stop you from getting the type-R, its a Great car
Old 06-23-2009, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
Lose 4 screws from the top deck to get some flex. If track is lose I thnk it will be better to get rid of the metal plate and run leads around the chassis.
Or you can save that type r from the abuse and pick you up a XXX-S G+ which excels in those lose asphualt conditions. hehehe
Old 06-24-2009, 12:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Or you can save that type r from the abuse and pick you up a XXX-S G+ which excels in those lose asphualt conditions. hehehe
The losi is fine in low grip... Its all about getting a good balanced setup and a good rear diff.

As for the layshaft... I was lucky enuf to run a prototype for a while before the went to production. There are no negative sides to using it but the positives is quite a list. In short it makes the chassis more "normal" so you can run normal spurs and have zero lipo problems. There is no good reason not to use one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.