Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jkirkwood
Order placed. Look forward to seeing the quality for myself.
You got the first one, packing in a "First out of the store" bonus.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nice.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looks nice, but I already have the PRS adapter as well as the first gen layshaft in all my cars. If I were still running the stock setup I would have considered these.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Looks nice, but I already have the PRS adapter as well as the first gen layshaft in all my cars. If I were still running the stock setup I would have considered these.
Yes if you have already done all the mods to solve the problems then the shaft serves little purpose but it does have the advantage that when you next replace your layshaft pullies you won't have to mod them again. Apart from that there is a small weight saving on your drivetrain.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The main advantage in my opinion is the zero backlash between the right and left pulley. In the kit setup the right pulley is keyed into the spur. Therefore there is a direct link, depending on how loose your rear belt is, between the spur the the rear diff. On the other hand you have the slop or backlash of 2 pins and pulley mounts between the spur and the front diff. That mean the rear get power and brakes fractionally before the front.

It's only a small improvement but it all adds up.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:50 AM
Tech Master

I'm sure you all know this but the first shippment of layshafts have arrived in the States. I have been told quite a few have sold on the first day!
I really want to thank SkyRocket on doing such a great job. They had them up on their web page and selling very quickly.http://www.skyrocketbatteries.com/pr...products_id=81

They also helped get the Layshaft featured on Big Squid RC. Check it out at www.bigsquidrc.com/losi-type-r-layshafts/

For customers outside of North America you can now order online at www.flyingfoxrc.com

Thanks again to everyone who helped me with these layshafts. From Dragonfire with his race winning testing, SkyRocket for doing such a great job bring them to the US market and everyone who PM'd me with encouragment. I really hope everyone is completely satisfied, as I am, with the finished product.

Now its back to the drawing board to finish some more designs.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Pablo,

That's a superb product. How much would shipping be to England?
Old 06-09-2009, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
Hi Pablo,

That's a superb product. How much would shipping be to England?
Thanks Chris.
It costs me AU$13 or about £6 for Australia Post Airmail. It normally takes about a week. Anything faster is more than the cost of the shaft. PM me if you are happy with that and I'll get one on its way to you.

By the way, nice avatar!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey All....

What Pablo mentioned about the lack of slop in the new shafts are 100% true. The difference is like night and day especially if you're running modified. One thing too to note about the shafts--> When slipping the bearings over the shaft, be careful and make sure that they are perfectly straight or you will have some difficulty getting them in. This is due to very accurate machining.

Love them shafts Pablo!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

pablo,
so this set-up eliminiates having to purchase a prs adapter?
you got any more?i would like one to...lol

on another note...curious to know what set-up yall using for outdoor asphalt...med. traction...open/tight track...

lmk and thx,
Old 06-10-2009, 12:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by morris
pablo,
so this set-up eliminiates having to purchase a prs adapter?
you got any more?i would like one to...lol

on another note...curious to know what set-up yall using for outdoor asphalt...med. traction...open/tight track...

lmk and thx,
Yes it does Morris. Gives you a good choice of spurs. The best in the business in my opinion are RW. They are precision machined out of delrin. They are made in England but I know they are stocked in the USA. Otherwise you can use RRP, XRAY, HPI/Xenon.

PRS have a slightly diferent PCD but fit if you make the holes a little bigger with a body reamer or say a #22 drill. PRS gears are nicely made but are not as hard as RW. Trust me if you use RW's you will be happy.

If you are in the US you can order from www.skyrocketbatteries.com they still have a handful left and you'll have it within a day or so.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
Yes it does Morris. Gives you a good choice of spurs. The best in the business in my opinion are RW. They are precision machined out of delrin. They are made in England but I know they are stocked in the USA. Otherwise you can use RRP, XRAY, HPI/Xenon.

PRS have a slightly diferent PCD but fit if you make the holes a little bigger with a body reamer or say a #22 drill. PRS gears are nicely made but are not as hard as RW. Trust me if you use RW's you will be happy.

If you are in the US you can order from www.skyrocketbatteries.com they still have a handful left and you'll have it within a day or so.
kool...looks like i will have to order me one....what type of spur gears should i use with it.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morris
kool...looks like i will have to order me one....what type of spur gears should i use with it.
You can use gears from any manufacturer, I had a PRS adapter before so I have lo profile gears from PRS and i have some robinson low profile gears too.

The layshafts will start showing up on doorsteps tmrw.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me what the fully extended length of my shocks should be eyelet to eyelet? With the bottom eyelet screwed up so no threads are showing.

I bought a used jrxs type r and it seems like the shafts are wrong
Old 06-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjdoyle
Can anyone tell me what the fully extended length of my shocks should be eyelet to eyelet? With the bottom eyelet screwed up so no threads are showing.

I bought a used jrxs type r and it seems like the shafts are wrong
The shaft and rod-end should be 1.400 inches exactly in length when they are screwed together (w/o piston). I've never bothered to measure the entire shock length. This is from the edge of the rod, not center of the eyelet.

Hope this was of any help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.