Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Right now it has huge pieces of brass screwed down to the sides towards the front. Way too much weight up high away from the center. You could say it balanced, but only physically. The center of mass is way too high.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Right now it has huge pieces of brass screwed down to the sides towards the front. Way too much weight up high away from the center. You could say it balanced, but only physically. The center of mass is way too high.
why do you have that huge brass screw on you car?
Old 07-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
why do you have that huge brass screw on you car?
The orginal owner did it to bring it up to weight and balance it. Weird, yes. The plates are drilled and tapped and fit right over the forward countersunk holes on the chassis. Its a little extreme. I got the car late in the winter season, so I just ran it that way. It drove fine. Now I want to get it right and have some real fun with it.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Listen people. DO NOT WORRY THAT MUCH ABOUT YOUR CAR BALANCE.

I never once put my car on a scale during my 2.5 years with a losi car. I put the speedo on the left front up by the standoff, the reciever on the right with about 5 pieces of weight and the weighted tray and the rest of the weight wherever you can fit it and drive the car. I'm pretty sure I couldnt tell if the car was out of balance so I doubt it makes that much of a difference.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace

I never once put my car on a scale during my 2.5 years with a losi car. I put the speedo on the left front up by the standoff, the reciever on the right with about 5 pieces of weight and the weighted tray and the rest of the weight wherever you can fit it and drive the car. I'm pretty sure I couldnt tell if the car was out of balance so I doubt it makes that much of a difference.
My point exactally..
Old 07-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think you can tell the diffrence, heavier side have more spring pre load than other side, that can makes a car handle diffrent.

I am kinda guy saying "shut up and drive!" but having neutural feeling car does help me do better.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Champion

I'm with you there on the balance. I only use a scale to get my other cars up to weight. I get it roughly close from side to side lifting it down the middle on my fingertips and seeing if its too tippy one way or the other and leave it go at that. I'm not trying to run 100mph, just having some fun and trying to understand the car.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

But ..... I can't cut comms anymore, i dont have to change crystals, i don't have to mount tires, and the car doesn't go out of tune .... so if i can't balance the car 50/50 what do i do w/ all that time in the pits?

Old 07-17-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
But ..... I can't cut comms anymore, i dont have to change crystals, i don't have to mount tires, and the car doesn't go out of tune .... so if i can't balance the car 50/50 what do i do w/ all that time in the pits?
I have felt the diffs in your cars, maybe you should work on that.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Tech Lord

I found a very clean roller and some parts while cleaning out my closet. Anybody looking for a second kit? Gimmie a shout, I'd rather an existing owner get it so they know what to do.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't know what testing some of you guys have done but I have tested f/r weight balance and it makes a difference. For years I just ran 50/50 cars but when oz went 5cell for mod I ended up with a slightly rearward balanced chassis. After a bit of bugging I tried moving the pack forward and the car was radically different. It picked up more steering everywhere and in many ways the chassis was better to drive. As a result of that I always run a minimum of 52/48 f/r and up to 55/45 f/r on tracks which lack steering. This is all experience with rubber/asphalt but I imagine the same principals apply to foam.

Anyway before you dismiss try for yourself.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I found a very clean roller and some parts while cleaning out my closet. Anybody looking for a second kit? Gimmie a shout, I'd rather an existing owner get it so they know what to do.
You found it? You know you had it and just forgot about it.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

I have felt the diffs in your cars, maybe you should work on that.

I made those diffs that gritty on purpose to see what your diff testing skills were like you know just helping you keep your chops
Old 07-18-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

Today I shaved the axles and put on the flanged nuts with the dimpled flanges, took off the odd brass weights, shifted the electronics slightly forward, filed the top deck for Team Checkpoint battery, dropped in the new layshaft and geared the car. Its rough balanced side to side. I'm waiting on the new metal lipo tray to get it up to weight. I just wanted to say, thanks for all the pointers. All I need is our tracks spec tires and practice!
Old 07-19-2009, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Dragonfire wins agian!

Congratulations to Dragonfire for winning the ACT State Modified Title. This is one of the few carpet events in OZ and its was great to see the Type R triumph on this surface.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.