Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Newbie

hey guys, I am not new to r/c by any means but i am new to Touring Car. So i need a lil help here.

Tonight was the first night out w/the car, I used the setup in the book for rubber tires, but I found out real fast that was NOT the way to go on our track. The fast guys are turning 11 sec. laps, my fastest was a 16 in the first heat. The car was way way way loose especially on power coming outta the corners. 2nd heat, I went to yellow springs in the front, and stood the front shocks as straight up as u can get it, and I layed down the back shocks as far as they would go....helped a lil but still running in the 15's. in the Main I changed the back springs from blue to silver and replaced the spool w/the diff. MAJOR improvement, the car was drivable but still a tad loose..ran consistent 13's. After talking to some on the fast guys at the track they said for next week to find a set-up for a low bite asphalt track. Anyone know where I can find one?? Anyone have one they would like to share? I did look on the AE website but all it says is rubber tires on asphalt..is all asphalt low bite? Also to throw another wrench into the mix, the track made a rule this year to run a spec tire (jaco greens) and none of the set-ups on the site are running those, so obviously those set ups would be off anyway.

Any help would be greatly appericated and if you would rather talk on the phone instead of typing your whole set up on here PM me and ill give u my cell #.

thanks in advance.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vic0280
hey guys trying to build the tc5r now, and my dumb ass is a lil confused.

wheelbase! setup calling for 2mm. so does that mean the 2mm spacer behind the front arm and in front of rear arm to give max wheelbase to car?

i am sure i will have more dumb questions.
2mm in front of the front arm and 1mm behind the front arm. If it is calling for 2mm in the rear as well then the 2mm goes in front on the rear arm and 1mm behind the rear arm.

The wheel base is always measured by placing or removing shims from the front of the arm weather it is rear or front.

Hope that makes sense!
Old 11-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Great Car! Just racing another fast club race this weekend. I am getting the car dialed, just another .1 or .2 more to find. My lap times were at 7.9's,8.0's for the first race weekend using the TC5. Second race now I am at 7.5's and 7.4' and even a 7.3 Fastest Single Lap at the track.

The Only issue I have so far is installing large pinions. I have a 100T 64P spur and used a 48T 64P pinion for 13.5. I Have to unbolt the motor to replace the pinion as the belt is in the way.

Has anyone played with tire camber to change weight transfer? I used to just set to wear even. But lately, I have been using the camber to affect cornering loads and I have some positive results as my lap times have shown.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
hey guys, I am not new to r/c by any means but i am new to Touring Car. So i need a lil help here.

Tonight was the first night out w/the car, I used the setup in the book for rubber tires, but I found out real fast that was NOT the way to go on our track. The fast guys are turning 11 sec. laps, my fastest was a 16 in the first heat. The car was way way way loose especially on power coming outta the corners. 2nd heat, I went to yellow springs in the front, and stood the front shocks as straight up as u can get it, and I layed down the back shocks as far as they would go....helped a lil but still running in the 15's. in the Main I changed the back springs from blue to silver and replaced the spool w/the diff. MAJOR improvement, the car was drivable but still a tad loose..ran consistent 13's. After talking to some on the fast guys at the track they said for next week to find a set-up for a low bite asphalt track. Anyone know where I can find one?? Anyone have one they would like to share? I did look on the AE website but all it says is rubber tires on asphalt..is all asphalt low bite? Also to throw another wrench into the mix, the track made a rule this year to run a spec tire (jaco greens) and none of the set-ups on the site are running those, so obviously those set ups would be off anyway.

Any help would be greatly appericated and if you would rather talk on the phone instead of typing your whole set up on here PM me and ill give u my cell #.

thanks in advance.
Sounds like you have the foam setup on your car. Put the stock rubber setup on. You can find it on asc's website under the tc5 setup sheets at the top.

DK
Old 11-09-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PartTime
Sounds like you have the foam setup on your car. Put the stock rubber setup on. You can find it on asc's website under the tc5 setup sheets at the top.

DK
Yeah, that's way too stiff a set-up. Try Blue Fronts and Silver Rears to start. 50Wt oil is a good starting point, maybe 60wt in front
You'll also need to lower your roll center at the rear
Use more rear toe- 3* is good
Move the shocks in or out for slight adjustments- in on the tower if you need grip at that end, out if you don't .
Old 11-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Where's the best place to buy a new TC5 carbon chassis, the regular/team version, not the ITF? TIA
Old 11-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobbyS
Where's the best place to buy a new TC5 carbon chassis, the regular/team version, not the ITF? TIA
If you cant find it locally I've had great luck with AE/Losi parts house.
http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...cln-TC5/Detail
Old 11-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Anyone have a suggestion for front body posts on a VTA TC5 running an HPI Shelby 350 Mustang? The stock ones are too short to reach the hood . . .
Old 11-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think parma sells diff length body posts that should work on the front of the car.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Shock rebound?

What is the handling difference when changing shock rebound from say 25% rebound to 100% rebound?
Thanks John Schoenauer
Old 11-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Anyone running a DNA(rubber) body? How does it handle? More steering? Neutral? Stuck?
Old 11-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

my tc5r is for sale. ran twice.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Anyone have a suggestion for front body posts on a VTA TC5 running an HPI Shelby 350 Mustang? The stock ones are too short to reach the hood . . .
Hpi sells really long posts that will bolt on
Old 11-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Anyone running a DNA(rubber) body? How does it handle? More steering? Neutral? Stuck?
It seemed to have a little more slow speed steering than my stratus ap. But other then that, it felt the same. Neutral and stuck.

DK
Old 11-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PartTime
It seemed to have a little more slow speed steering than my stratus ap. But other then that, it felt the same. Neutral and stuck.

DK
Ok thanks alot. I'm itching to try one, but I also want the Mazda6 since it seems to be the most popular.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.