Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 06:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by treemagnet
hey everyone.
i need some advice on an idea. i broke my last dog bone blade 2day and prob wont have any for my race this sunday. so i cant use my spool. wat bout if i take the diff with the plastic outdrives, remove the balls and put some superglue in there and tighten it up. hey presto! a spool think this will work? im thinking the plastic outdrives might break or bend but i only race 540 class so should be ok

thanks treemagnet
I've been running the plastic outdrives but in diff mode w/ 13.5 and they hold up just fine. I've never made a spool w/ the plastic outs but I'd think it'd be fine w/ the 540 motor.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:56 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

No need for super glue. Just remove the balls and rings and cut a thick header card out the shape of the rings and use that instead. Just tighten it up and you should be good. Shouldn't get much wear with a 540 class motor.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

I've been looking at the ppdbillet weight and specialized RC battery tray, and prior to pulling the trigger I had one question. It looks like the battery tray is offset to the outside a bit. The ppdbillet weight has inserts that fit into the battery slots in the chassis, locking it in place. So how do these two work together if the tray is offset off the side of the chassis plate?

I saw a post taht said they fit together beautifully, but just cant visualize how that works.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markg
I've been looking at the ppdbillet weight and specialized RC battery tray, and prior to pulling the trigger I had one question. It looks like the battery tray is offset to the outside a bit. The ppdbillet weight has inserts that fit into the battery slots in the chassis, locking it in place. So how do these two work together if the tray is offset off the side of the chassis plate?

I saw a post taht said they fit together beautifully, but just cant visualize how that works.

Thanks
This is kind of hard to explain, but the one side of the cutout on the tray is open so it can slide over the weight plate.

The battery tray also has two mounting options, so it doesn't have to be mounted so far out on the chassis.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Thanks
OK. the PPD plate fits into the battery slots. You have to take the battery posts off the chassis and mount them to the tray. The tray then mounts in the holes where the battery posts were. There are 2 mounting holes to adjust the position of the tray closer or farther from the centerline of the car. The inside and front edges of the tray cover the edges of the plate, holding it in place.

I'll try and get a picture.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks
Here is some pics of how it mounts up with the Diggity Designs tray. http://www.diggitydesigns.com/D3_TC5...BraceWide.html
I would think that the Specialized would mount similar but haven't tried it myself. I'd be interested in a pic as well. Tray sits on top of our weight plate on the DD version, screw in and lock both in place.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thanks
I have the set-up on my car and it works great! I am using it with the smc 5000 lipo
Old 01-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Thanks

got them both in today and installed in the car. they work great!! specialized rc plate is machined underneath to clear the weight plate.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cleblanc
got them both in today and installed in the car. they work great!! specialized rc plate is machined underneath to clear the weight plate.
Anyone got any weights on these parts? more interested in the tray than the weight plate.

For the frugal folks....I modified the stock battery 'guides' or holders that come w/ the kit for 6cell packs to help hold the battery in and keep it off the belts. I simply sanded them down so the pack sits flush against the 'guides'. hard to explain but I sanded one guide on the pack side and the other on the side were the screws go in. depending on which one I use it pushes the pack to the outside similar to the corrary tray to help offset the heavy motor side. I'll try to get some pics.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default tray

Originally Posted by cleblanc
what about some pics of this setup so do you still need more weight to get the car to balance out
Old 01-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hey everyone.
i need some advice on an idea. i broke my last dog bone blade 2day and prob wont have any for my race this sunday. so i cant use my spool. wat bout if i take the diff with the plastic outdrives, remove the balls and put some superglue in there and tighten it up. hey presto! a spool think this will work? im thinking the plastic outdrives might break or bend but i only race 540 class so should be ok

thanks treemagnet
I wouldnt try it with CA. I did this wayyy back when I first got the car, and it didnt last a run. First time you hit something it will break. It may last longer if built with header card like mo suggested, it will let it slip when you hit something
Old 01-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey everyone.

thanks treemagnet
i did exactly wat ur thinkin if u dont hit the wall it wont break i ran about 3 packs with it like that but i popped the wall one good time and it broke the outdrive clean off just get a slipper spool and bone blade problem is no longer
Old 01-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

Thanks everyone for the info I will put the thrust balls in
Old 01-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Hey. Thanks for all the feedback about the ppdbillet weight and SRC tray. Think I'm going to have to go for it!

Anyone got a decent rubber tire, asphalt, 17.5 setup?
Old 01-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

here's a bad picture of my specialized tray and PPD plate. I don't have it mounted all the way out. The other set of mounting holes push it out another 1/8" or so. Far as I can tell it mounts the same way as the Diggity tray. I think you have to click on the picture to enlarge. Never posted a pic in this forum before.

Team Associated TC5-0122091325a.jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.