Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
When it is mentioned that the motor screw has been removed in the setup sheets, is that the screw that connects the motor plate from the bulkhead?
Yes......that screw

I left it out on accident once and it cost me a spur gear.......so I always ignore that part of everybodys setups.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Are there any alloy parts TC5 owners would like to see released?
Rick,

Maybe not alloy parts but....................what would be awesome to see is some high velocity outdrives that don't chatter...like the ones that Losi uses in the Type-R and now Xray is comming out with for the T2. I believe this is a new innovation and to keep the TC5 competitive small upgrades/option parts need to be made to keep up with the competition and to keep TC5 owners interested. This is one of those changes...that will increase smoothness in the corners, increased steering and corner speed!

For example.....

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...03bbc36ef572d#
Old 11-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Sean do u plan on coming out to Camarillo this weekend to run some 10.5 I have a TC5R now along with Larry Ruby and a bunch of other guys. BTW the TC5R works out of the box at Camarillo I olny did a few minor tweaks to suit my driving style and she was dialed. Those outdrives would be very cool to have for a TC5
Josh Barry
Old 11-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

LiPO ballast plate.

Better battery hold down strap and blocks. #31254 & #31256

I am using a solid LiPO plate so I have to invert the REEDY 5000 Pack. Since the nubs were keeping the pack from sliding, I had to create a wider hold-down strap. Since the Pack is soo tall, I could not just poke the 4-40 threaded rod through the wider strap. I just ended up installing HeliCoils in the hold-down blocks and using a 4-40 cap screw in the hold down stap and LiPO. Without the HeliCoils, the Screw would pull through the soft plastic from repeated use.

Even if the holddown blocks were steel and not aluminum, I would still buy them.

Center Pully Holddown #31163

This is not much of a hassle, but I would like the uppper brace not to responsible for the direct hold down of the pillow blocks/bearing of the center pully. Maybe the pillow block could have some flanges that were screwed ontop and through the upper brace with button head screws. This would reduce the need for countsink tooling of 4 holes and should speed the change time of spur gears while not distubing the steering bellcrank or increasing CG.

Motor Mount BulkHead #31152

I would like to see the very upper top of the bulkhead milled with some heat radaitor vanes for some added heat disapation.

And Finally

A SETUP MANUAL like XRAYS HAVE. When I sold my xrays a few weeks back, I kept the Setup book.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Akhor
In offroad,the manufacturer Integy makes parts with bling that do NOT have durability.. IS there onroad stuff better?
I never had problem with there product,but i only use there product on my tc5!!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Josh H
Yes......that screw

I left it out on accident once and it cost me a spur gear.......so I always ignore that part of everybodys setups.
and i was going to give it a try,am glad some mention it!!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AeRacer805
Sean do u plan on coming out to Camarillo this weekend to run some 10.5 I have a TC5R now along with Larry Ruby and a bunch of other guys. BTW the TC5R works out of the box at Camarillo I olny did a few minor tweaks to suit my driving style and she was dialed. Those outdrives would be very cool to have for a TC5
Josh Barry
What up Josh....whats crackin! If you need help with anything hit me up ok!
Old 11-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

A friend of mine is looking for a TC5F if anyone knows of one for sale. There is currently none in the for sale thread. Email him at [email protected]

Thanks
Old 11-07-2008, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bmcallister
A friend of mine is looking for a TC5F if anyone knows of one for sale. There is currently none in the for sale thread. Email him at [email protected]

Thanks
TEACH has on for sale on the treads...look him up... he's stuff is good

-DC-
Old 11-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Josh H. and or Mike B.
How should a racer run with a one-way, rubber tire and carpet?
What style in the corners?
Thanks and God Bless
Old 11-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by Jsaves
Josh H. and or Mike B.
How should a racer run with a one-way, rubber tire and carpet?
What style in the corners?
Thanks and God Bless
Thats a hard one.

I guess the big thing is that you don't have to drive it into the turn hard. Meaning you can lift a little earlier and roll into the turn without scrubbing alot of corner speed.

Be smooth.........some turns require you to be completely off the throttle other turns you might need to be on the gas just a little.

It takes a little time to get used to driving with a oneway. The more track time you can get the better.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh H
Thats a hard one.
Be smooth.........some turns require you to be completely off the throttle other turns you might need to be on the gas just a little.
I just converted my TC5 back to carpet / rubber, and thought I'd give the one way another try. Last year I ended with a double diff cuz it was more consistant for me. The car handled well but I did have some traction roll issues even after a couple of adjustments (no sway bars).

I tend to come too hard into corners still at times and wonder if the one way would make my tendancies worse (easier to traction roll)? If I give a small outside flip before the problem turn the issue went away...I wonder if I should practice that driving style more...some guys use it, others dont.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I need the only the plastic top of the shock cap. Anyone know the part number? I don't need the aluminum part.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ???????

a center layshaft oneway pully,or alloy spur gear hub...
Old 11-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

hey guys trying to build the tc5r now, and my dumb ass is a lil confused.

wheelbase! setup calling for 2mm. so does that mean the 2mm spacer behind the front arm and in front of rear arm to give max wheelbase to car?

i am sure i will have more dumb questions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.