R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #7801
Tech Addict
 
NeverATiteLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gallitzin, PA
Posts: 580
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NeverATiteLine Send a message via Yahoo to NeverATiteLine
Default Newbie

hey guys, I am not new to r/c by any means but i am new to Touring Car. So i need a lil help here.

Tonight was the first night out w/the car, I used the setup in the book for rubber tires, but I found out real fast that was NOT the way to go on our track. The fast guys are turning 11 sec. laps, my fastest was a 16 in the first heat. The car was way way way loose especially on power coming outta the corners. 2nd heat, I went to yellow springs in the front, and stood the front shocks as straight up as u can get it, and I layed down the back shocks as far as they would go....helped a lil but still running in the 15's. in the Main I changed the back springs from blue to silver and replaced the spool w/the diff. MAJOR improvement, the car was drivable but still a tad loose..ran consistent 13's. After talking to some on the fast guys at the track they said for next week to find a set-up for a low bite asphalt track. Anyone know where I can find one?? Anyone have one they would like to share? I did look on the AE website but all it says is rubber tires on asphalt..is all asphalt low bite? Also to throw another wrench into the mix, the track made a rule this year to run a spec tire (jaco greens) and none of the set-ups on the site are running those, so obviously those set ups would be off anyway.

Any help would be greatly appericated and if you would rather talk on the phone instead of typing your whole set up on here PM me and ill give u my cell #.

thanks in advance.
__________________
MBX6-ECO
The 4 most famous words in motor sports: SECURITY TO THE PITS!!!
NeverATiteLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:11 PM   #7802
Tech Elite
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,111
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic0280 View Post
hey guys trying to build the tc5r now, and my dumb ass is a lil confused.

wheelbase! setup calling for 2mm. so does that mean the 2mm spacer behind the front arm and in front of rear arm to give max wheelbase to car?


i am sure i will have more dumb questions.
2mm in front of the front arm and 1mm behind the front arm. If it is calling for 2mm in the rear as well then the 2mm goes in front on the rear arm and 1mm behind the rear arm.

The wheel base is always measured by placing or removing shims from the front of the arm weather it is rear or front.

Hope that makes sense!
__________________
Sanwa | R1 Wurks | Avid | 2mm Designs
artwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:22 PM   #7803
Tech Fanatic
 
trailranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 946
Default

Great Car! Just racing another fast club race this weekend. I am getting the car dialed, just another .1 or .2 more to find. My lap times were at 7.9's,8.0's for the first race weekend using the TC5. Second race now I am at 7.5's and 7.4' and even a 7.3 Fastest Single Lap at the track.

The Only issue I have so far is installing large pinions. I have a 100T 64P spur and used a 48T 64P pinion for 13.5. I Have to unbolt the motor to replace the pinion as the belt is in the way.

Has anyone played with tire camber to change weight transfer? I used to just set to wear even. But lately, I have been using the camber to affect cornering loads and I have some positive results as my lap times have shown.
trailranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:47 AM   #7804
Tech Master
 
PartTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sterling hts MI
Posts: 1,029
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine View Post
hey guys, I am not new to r/c by any means but i am new to Touring Car. So i need a lil help here.

Tonight was the first night out w/the car, I used the setup in the book for rubber tires, but I found out real fast that was NOT the way to go on our track. The fast guys are turning 11 sec. laps, my fastest was a 16 in the first heat. The car was way way way loose especially on power coming outta the corners. 2nd heat, I went to yellow springs in the front, and stood the front shocks as straight up as u can get it, and I layed down the back shocks as far as they would go....helped a lil but still running in the 15's. in the Main I changed the back springs from blue to silver and replaced the spool w/the diff. MAJOR improvement, the car was drivable but still a tad loose..ran consistent 13's. After talking to some on the fast guys at the track they said for next week to find a set-up for a low bite asphalt track. Anyone know where I can find one?? Anyone have one they would like to share? I did look on the AE website but all it says is rubber tires on asphalt..is all asphalt low bite? Also to throw another wrench into the mix, the track made a rule this year to run a spec tire (jaco greens) and none of the set-ups on the site are running those, so obviously those set ups would be off anyway.

Any help would be greatly appericated and if you would rather talk on the phone instead of typing your whole set up on here PM me and ill give u my cell #.

thanks in advance.
Sounds like you have the foam setup on your car. Put the stock rubber setup on. You can find it on asc's website under the tc5 setup sheets at the top.

DK
PartTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:26 AM   #7805
Tech Master
 
BadSign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Franklin, IN
Posts: 1,158
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTime View Post
Sounds like you have the foam setup on your car. Put the stock rubber setup on. You can find it on asc's website under the tc5 setup sheets at the top.

DK
Yeah, that's way too stiff a set-up. Try Blue Fronts and Silver Rears to start. 50Wt oil is a good starting point, maybe 60wt in front
You'll also need to lower your roll center at the rear
Use more rear toe- 3* is good
Move the shocks in or out for slight adjustments- in on the tower if you need grip at that end, out if you don't .
__________________
This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it- Psalms 118:24

World Champion Turn Marshall
BadSign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #7806
Tech Regular
 
BobbyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 251
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Where's the best place to buy a new TC5 carbon chassis, the regular/team version, not the ITF? TIA
__________________
"After the third flip, I lost control............"
BobbyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:40 AM   #7807
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyS View Post
Where's the best place to buy a new TC5 carbon chassis, the regular/team version, not the ITF? TIA
If you cant find it locally I've had great luck with AE/Losi parts house.
http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...cln-TC5/Detail
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #7808
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,776
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Anyone have a suggestion for front body posts on a VTA TC5 running an HPI Shelby 350 Mustang? The stock ones are too short to reach the hood . . .
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:45 PM   #7809
Tech Addict
 
carbon madness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northwestern, Indiana
Posts: 653
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I think parma sells diff length body posts that should work on the front of the car.
__________________
マイクル ユージャック 

*Team CFX Racing**Evil 3 Paint Works*
carbon madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #7810
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Norfolk Nebraska
Posts: 549
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Shock rebound?

What is the handling difference when changing shock rebound from say 25% rebound to 100% rebound?
Thanks John Schoenauer
__________________
Hadar R/C Raceway by OTWG 2011 race dates August 14, August 28, September 11, September 25
John Schoenauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #7811
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Anyone running a DNA(rubber) body? How does it handle? More steering? Neutral? Stuck?
__________________
Team Shepherd USA:Nugget's Ranch Raceway
Primary Weapon: ?
Secondary Weapon: ?
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #7812
Tech Fanatic
 
losithrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 791
Default

my tc5r is for sale. ran twice.
__________________
ONE THINGS FOR SURE ABOUT THE STINGER, NOTHINGS FOR SURE!
losithrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:26 PM   #7813
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,586
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
Anyone have a suggestion for front body posts on a VTA TC5 running an HPI Shelby 350 Mustang? The stock ones are too short to reach the hood . . .
Hpi sells really long posts that will bolt on
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:35 PM   #7814
Tech Master
 
PartTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sterling hts MI
Posts: 1,029
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76 View Post
Anyone running a DNA(rubber) body? How does it handle? More steering? Neutral? Stuck?
It seemed to have a little more slow speed steering than my stratus ap. But other then that, it felt the same. Neutral and stuck.

DK
PartTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:47 PM   #7815
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTime View Post
It seemed to have a little more slow speed steering than my stratus ap. But other then that, it felt the same. Neutral and stuck.

DK
Ok thanks alot. I'm itching to try one, but I also want the Mazda6 since it seems to be the most popular.
__________________
Team Shepherd USA:Nugget's Ranch Raceway
Primary Weapon: ?
Secondary Weapon: ?
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Losi XXXS G+ with parts!! Team Orion V2 Hitec 5625 cola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-18-2008 08:11 PM
BATTERIES - Team Orion 4200 SHO Team Cells (6 cell) packs................... For Sale 2-Bad Australia For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2008 02:16 AM
New Items for Sale Tamiya F103gt Chassis Kit, Team Much More CTX-D, Novak, Team Orion Tsquare R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 04-17-2007 08:29 PM
>>> BRAND STINKING NEW NEVER RAN TEAM JAMMIN FACTORY TEAM FTE RACING BUGGY <<<< mach51 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-25-2007 09:13 PM
F/S Team Associated Factory Team RC18T with Mamba Comp X Brushless and Extras ZeroCool101 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 01-07-2006 01:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:05 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net