Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Managed to get one from Stormer today, they had two in stock. Can't wait!
Old 07-10-2014, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

had my first DNF during qualifying with this buggy....norcal's hobbies track leaves something to be desired when it comes to passing other drivers...my buggy met another buggy mid air...and must have landed on the rear arm, snapped the ball link, and bent the axle....

i managed to bend it back somewhat, but after the next qualifier it was bent again...i decided to just run it as it is in the main...and i managed to win it.

had some interesting competition, from s-workz, the s-works was fast, looked real good during practice...he was running 60K in the center diff

ohh well d413 rocks....and now that parts are trickeling in...i feel that i can start to push this buggy a bit harder
Old 07-10-2014, 10:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm running mine for the first time tomorrow.... I also filed the edges of this rear plate so the ball cups won't won't touch it, and get more suspension travel..
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-20140710_094523.jpg  
Old 07-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cygnus X
had my first DNF during qualifying with this buggy....norcal's hobbies track leaves something to be desired when it comes to passing other drivers...my buggy met another buggy mid air...and must have landed on the rear arm, snapped the ball link, and bent the axle....

i managed to bend it back somewhat, but after the next qualifier it was bent again...i decided to just run it as it is in the main...and i managed to win it.

had some interesting competition, from s-workz, the s-works was fast, looked real good during practice...he was running 60K in the center diff

ohh well d413 rocks....and now that parts are trickeling in...i feel that i can start to push this buggy a bit harder

I am no pro, but I will tell you this. The buggy wants to be driven hard. The fist few times I ran mine, I would baby it around the track and was making to many mistakes, as soon as i started to drive it like a 1/8 buggy, holy god, the buggy comes alive.

I am glad to see that everyone is enjoying the buggy. Makes me feel better knowing this
Old 07-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Still running box kit setup myself and it's a lot of fun and fast. I have yet to do much tuning other than shocks on it. I'd like to try some tuning with the blocks, but need more available to do so.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rybeau40
Still running box kit setup myself and it's a lot of fun and fast. I have yet to do much tuning other than shocks on it. I'd like to try some tuning with the blocks, but need more available to do so.
Last I checked, stormer hobbies has the blocks
Old 07-10-2014, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Tower Hobbies now shows spur gears on order. Had a guy chip a gear tooth last night and he could not finish his night of racing in that class. His spur lasted 3 months, which is how old mine is now. Spurs are a part of wear an tear, so hoping this parts situation with spurs is worked out soon.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rybeau40
Tower Hobbies now shows spur gears on order. Had a guy chip a gear tooth last night and he could not finish his night of racing in that class. His spur lasted 3 months, which is how old mine is now. Spurs are a part of wear an tear, so hoping this parts situation with spurs is worked out soon.
Even though Tower is out of spurs. I know some came in the most recent shipment as I got one sent to me. So they might have sent out to local stores and you might get lucky there. Keep an eye for them in the next week or so.

I have to say that I have been so nervous recently because I did not want to strip my spur and not have a replacement.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Stormer is showing one more in stock, jump on it!
Old 07-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chadg
Stormer is showing one more in stock, jump on it!
Just did
Old 07-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Anyone else notice that reps from HB/HPI have been eerily silent on the parts issues. Must be a lot of this going on at HB/HPI:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

So after numerous attempts at different set ups. I went back to Ty's OCRC low traction setup. My times automatically improved. I run on a low traction bumpy surface. The car had to much steering so I put a harder front spring, which helped. The rear end was still loose so I went to 5k in the rear. By the end I was a half a second faster. The car still has to much steering. It also gets very squirmy when it lands. Any thoughts?
Old 07-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

A shot of mine and Cygnus' D413s from last night:

The car felt really nice for my first time ever racing 4wd. I shaved 6 tenths off my fastest lap from Q1 to the main. In the main I was running 3rd for a while before taking the triple poorly and letting 2 cars by...i ended up last but I was able to keep up with the competition, with some more practice I'll be up with the fast guys
Old 07-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

everybody and i mean everybody messed up in the triple...that section of the track should get nuked...i would have more fun a newly plowed field with a toyr'r'us maisto mustang than that damn section...and worst of all its a car killer ! 4 cars broke something that night...granted 4wd buggies are somewhat fragile but if anyone watched norcal champs race they would see the incredible beating i put the buggy through...just amazing its still running with part support probs and all....tower does have quite a bit now...except a few select important things

so far
1 spur
2 rear camber link ball plastic dodad out by the hub snapped, plenty of other brands that will fit..no problem (plus tower has the ball cup spares)
1 bent rear axle....thank you ohh rc gods for letting tower have parts (and thanks for the win's)...ohh hit another 16.1 today, even with the right rear vibrating due to the axle

to reduce steering....raise the front..heavier shock oil...more upright shocks...stiffer springs...harder tire compound...different tire pattern...harder foam

the second double at norcal is something we just have to deal with...until saturday (i hope and if enough show up to help).....and in about 2 weeks time (i think) we will have world famous Kevin Jelick to shape an massage a new layout for us YAAAAAY !!!!! his designs are awesome ! with a nice balance between technical/fun (he did ifmar 2013 at chico...AWESOME!!!!)

80K center diff oil....the story continues, i now see more wear to the front tires, but they have lasted 1½ month, with 3-4 trackdays a week, and a LOT of driving (mostly switching between the scte 2 and d413 while one cools down) so im fine with it, they are pink HB fullslots...and supersoft do wear faster than harder compounds...the good....less stoppies...less wheelies...i like the handling better..little easier for my driving style (smooth/less agressive)... the bad..more front tire wear as you light them up down straight sections...less brakes..braking is also due to less treat pattern on the front tires...soo...maybe its more of a tire problem, than center diff.

going to try some different front tires soon...i got a box of soft rebars so will try them in the near future!

im tired good night
Old 07-10-2014, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

has anyone switched from a 22-4 with some time on it and can compare the two? Im curious and like gear diffs. lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.