Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Looking for people to post some setups with track types. The more the merrier!

I ended up 2nd overall last week losing to a 22-4 in the A-main. I have some work to do to get better as a driver and on my setup, so post your experiences!
Old 07-11-2014, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Damn, you guys that run at norcal lead a sheltered life. You should get out and hit up more tracks might be a good reality check. Race wins in wheeler there are great for your ego if you want to be the fastest sportsman driver in the area. Take it to lsr or delta or amain and see how you do. I'm sure the results will be different.

If KJ is going to build a track for Eric he's either got a short memory or Eric agreed to pay him some of the money he owes him to do it. Personally if I were KJ the only reason I would go back there is to put my foot up Eric's azz. Lol.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Homer723
Damn, you guys that run at norcal lead a sheltered life. You should get out and hit up more tracks might be a good reality check. Race wins in wheeler there are great for your ego if you want to be the fastest sportsman driver in the area. Take it to lsr or delta or amain and see how you do. I'm sure the results will be different.

If KJ is going to build a track for Eric he's either got a short memory or Eric agreed to pay him some of the money he owes him to do it. Personally if I were KJ the only reason I would go back there is to put my foot up Eric's azz. Lol.
Who cares, I think u forgot these are toy cars. And why are u talking about another man's finances. That's a female move.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

This isn't the place for your personal feelings. Please take it some where else.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I finaly was able to run mine and this car has surpassed my expectations. Im comming from a dex410v3 that honestly I liked allot but I feel allot more comfortable driving the d413 making me allot more confident, allowing me to push the car a little harder still staying smooth. I cant imagine a better car. Very glad I got this.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Most of us do take our cars to other tracks, some of us to other countries. You are seeing lots of videos from our races at Norcal because we are super lucky to have all the races there videoed by the staff. I haven't been to any other track where that is done day in and day out for every single race. Thank you Norcal!

I also don't remember anyone of us Norcal guys stating that we are any better than anyone else or claiming RC world dominence because of our wins there. We are just simply sharing our love for the D413 and our positive results with them at Norcal.

You obviously have some information about KJ and Eric's business relationship others aren't privy to. Why you have chosen to share and vent here is unknown, but it's clear you have made a poor decision.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:22 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

Looking at getting one of these buggies. I want to confirm that the kit doesn't include the shock or diff oil?

Thanks
Old 07-12-2014, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Question regarding the droop, there is so much droop, if we limit the droop how will this effect the car? Also has anyone tried any 2x2 1.6 1.1 pistons? My car gets very unsettled once it lands. I'm running 2x1.6 f 2x1.7 rear
Old 07-12-2014, 06:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moch8
Hi Guys,

Looking at getting one of these buggies. I want to confirm that the kit doesn't include the shock or diff oil?

Thanks
Moch,

AlderBoy confirmed earlier for us that the kit comes with 10/100k diff oils and 500cst shock oil.

Enjoy!
Old 07-12-2014, 06:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moch8
Hi Guys,

Thanks
I don't have my car yet, but I have downloaded the owners manual and studied it. According to the manual, it comes with 10,000cst & 100,000cst diff oils. I don't recall seeing any shock oil. Maybe some one who owns a car will chime in on the subject.

Edit : I see some one just answered your question while I was typing.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AlderBoy
Most of us do take our cars to other tracks, some of us to other countries. You are seeing lots of videos from our races at Norcal because we are super lucky to have all the races there videoed by the staff. I haven't been to any other track where that is done day in and day out for every single race. Thank you Norcal!

I also don't remember anyone of us Norcal guys stating that we are any better than anyone else or claiming RC world dominence because of our wins there. We are just simply sharing our love for the D413 and our positive results with them at Norcal.

You obviously have some information about KJ and Eric's business relationship others aren't privy to. Why you have chosen to share and vent here is unknown, but it's clear you have made a poor decision.
+1 you said it alderboy.....btw we have a bunch of locals at the JC race at amain this weekend...sagisi, fabian, stein, lance, michal, counsil, vik tyler, codey and more..i have live rc running in the background for about 2 hours now and theres a norcal guy in about every other heat

i wasnt born with a radio in my hand, i practice a LOT to get where im at....throw me on a new track and i will be slow...i wish i could visit other tracks....BUT i got a life besides RC, and i just dont want to spend a ton of time in the van, when i can just drop by norcal, charge and be racing within 40 minutes of leaving home ... i like norcal, i like the people, staff, i enjoy spending time there....keep in mind 99% of rc drivers just do it for the fun..and thats what it is about...hanging with the guy's and having fun...some do it in a bar, some play golf...we race toy cars (very advanced toy cars)..for the fun of it...

i post videos, cause people like seeing how the buggy handles, not because i win or loose

BTW alderboy thanks for the hint about putting the shims in front of the rear arms(long wheel base) it did indeed calm the buggy down a bit going through the middle section...if your buggy gets a little squiggly try a longer wheel base
Old 07-12-2014, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

@Cygnus & Alder...

Keep the tape rolling, continue posting results & what tuning changes you're making.

My D413 has been on backorder with Tower since April, so for now I am enjoying living vicariously through you guys :-)
Old 07-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cygnus X
99% of rc drivers just do it for the fun..and thats what it is about...hanging with the guy's and having fun...some do it in a bar, some play golf...we race toy cars (very advanced toy cars)..for the fun
Get that bro time...
Old 07-12-2014, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

So whats the word what are most of you running in the diffs for high bite clay and why?
Old 07-12-2014, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racer x 1
So whats the word what are most of you running in the diffs for high bite clay and why?
Try 7k / 100k / 3k. This combo had the best "feel" for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.