Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Took my truck apart today after yesterdays race. With an electric driver and some bits, this thing is really easy to take apart. Apparently my diffs leaked some, used some greenslime on the gaskets. No problems or wear on the drivetrain. Im extremely pleased with the truck, thanks associated.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aoh
watching that, id start with chris jarosz's setup, it will handle MUCH MUCH better
Thanks for the tip Ill check it out, could be the driver and I was using Double Dee's, so it was a little slick
Old 05-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Got mine together today bought the 1415/MMP combo geared it up its very torquey 26/87 48P need to find 32P equivalent. The motor fits ok I installed before I bolted the rear section to the main chassis. Had to dremel a little at the rear of the motor so it would slide back further. hardly noticeable because that huge motor covers where I ground. I turned on my Dx3s to test it bind it and center the servo. My scrolling wheel broke so I couldn't even drive today. remedied that problem with a brand New DX3R Pro from Indy R/C raceway and hobbies thanks guys. so far I think its gonna be a tough one to beat
Old 05-16-2011, 12:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lip
Thanks
Why is castle bundling that motor with that esc? Can you buy the motor separately?
Because they want to pawn off some more sidewinders, I don't know.

They do have a separate p/n for the motor on their website, but I have not seen anybody carry it separate, except people separating them on ebay.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:16 AM
Tech Regular

FYI... this needs to be in the first post to save people some money.

The fitment of the Proline Protrac wheels sucks.

The wheel bottoms out on the raised shoulder of the hex before the wheel bore engages the axle. This makes it wobbly, and combined with the thicker hub, the nyloc nut doesn't fit well.

I think this wheel MIGHT work with a hex that doesn't have the shoulder, perhaps the Tekno slash 4x4 one. Until then these protrac wheels are going on the shelf.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:23 AM
Aoh
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by GreenSC10
Thanks for the tip Ill check it out, could be the driver and I was using Double Dee's, so it was a little slick

Going into the turns the truck was doing the same things mine was, namely over-rotating and too much body roll, making the inside tires lift a bit. Chris's setup adresses all those issues and the car will be much much more forgiving allowing you to drive way more aggressively. Use it as a starting point and adjust accordingly, ESP since it looks like your track is a lil tighter than the ones we run on.

Last edited by Aoh; 05-16-2011 at 09:21 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-16-2011, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CentralCoaster

The wheel bottoms out on the raised shoulder of the hex before the wheel bore engages the axle. This makes it wobbly, and combined with the thicker hub, the nyloc nut doesn't fit well.

I think this wheel MIGHT work with a hex that doesn't have the shoulder, perhaps the Tekno slash 4x4 one. Until then these protrac wheels are going on the shelf.
you are the first I have heard about this.
I think we need more confirmation on this before taking it to the start post.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by murky123
yup, more confirmation would be necessary.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Tech Regular

people were bitching about the nut not hitting the nyloc several times in this thread... that is part of the reason why. i tried these protracs on a SCTE and it was the same deal.

They will fit, and you'll be able to crank a nut on there, but feel how sloppy they are compared to the stock wheels. If anyone else has them, try this and report back. I've seen plenty say they fit, but this set I have does not.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CentralCoaster

Originally Posted by murky123
Originally Posted by highhigh
yup, more confirmation would be necessary.
They fit all funky because they are not seated fully against the hex. The Prolines are not a true 6mm, so you need to drill them out. You need a 15/64 drill bit, then they fit nice and tight.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:23 AM
Tech Regular

Pretty sure that part of the axle is 5mm though, not 6mm. It steps down from the part with the bearing.

I busted out the calipers... the proline hex is a hair deeper, and the wheel bore has a radius to it on the inside edge. So between those two differences it doesn't grab onto that little 5mm part of the axle like the stock wheel does, which holds it in place nicely.

Last edited by CentralCoaster; 05-16-2011 at 01:36 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:56 AM
Tech Rookie

I have 2wd slash rear wheels all the around on mine. They have the same amount of backspacing as our stock wheels 41 mm. Protrac wheels are only 31mm offset. I did buy some traxxas Knurled nuts though.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GreenSC10
Where is his set-up posted?
Old 05-16-2011, 04:22 AM
Tech Adept

wheel hexes, does anyone make alum. locking ones that will fit ?
Old 05-16-2011, 05:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
Take off the belt, take off the front, remove the servo mount screws, turn the servo so you can get to the ball allen head on the servo horn. Fix and replace.
thanks Kellog. will do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.