Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
Hi guys. I need a shitload of help. I got my truck, took it out of the box, installed bearings in the steering, the shorter ackerman arm and then the electronics. It has the Castle SCT Sidewinder system.
I'm having a lot of problems. I have no idea how to set the truck up. It seems to be nose diving quite a bit. Our track has a big tripple and no matter what I do the car noses over and flips and lands on its back. Its also kicking the rear up a lot while jumping. It is doing all of this with or without drag brake and off or on the throttle.
I started with the 13T pinion and it was way too small. Then I moved up to a 15 and it still seems a little slow. The motor is probably not even a 100 degrees and the esc after 10 minutes....I usually don't run that long but I was trying it out. I didn't even try the car out before I raced it last night. Honestly, I should have smoked the pack but I took a 3rd or 4th.
The shock oil out of the box seems too heavy especially since it was probably between 30-40 when we were racing.
Anyway, I wasted the body, the rear shock tower, and the wing mount on my first night....although most of the damge was from a T4 landing on me I still had the truck upside down alot. Any recommendations about the nose diving? It was also bucking when under full acceleration but I'm pretty sure that was due to the shock oil being too thick.

Please help! I think that I could dominate 10th scale at my local track if I could keep the car upright!!
nose diving is a big problem for me too, and always triggering without a slipper may be hard on the drive line. I put the esc bhind the motor (even the sidewinder sct fits) and the receiver on the diff plate the furthest to the rear, that helped a lot. A glitch buster will help against the cutoffs which pull u down too from time to time. Next thing ill put is some weight in the rear, then ill be set i think. A light throttle pull on every jump otherwise with above mentioned setup is already enough usually.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Havn't driven mine yet, but a few notes.
Shocks- I just changed fluids. Stock, honestly seems like diff fluid it's sooo thick. I put AE 30F/35R in mine. The F seems ok, 35 might be too thick for the R. I can't seem to get proper ride height with stock mount locations. I did read somewhere that it's recomended to drill a second hole in the R pistons...I may try that sometime.
Diffs- All three = grease. Cleaned n refilled 5F/7C/2R Mugen oils. I won't know 'til I get on a track, hopefully tomorrow. Pinion to crown, nasty crunch! Not good. I dunno what to do other than run 'er n hope they just need some break in time. I can not hold n turn both front or rear hubs at the same time w/o binding. This is difficult to explain in writing, hopefully ya know what I mean. It doesn't seem is if there's anything I can do to shim them either.

I'd be interested in #s for ride height and droop.

Thoughts, tips, observations welcome Thx
Old 12-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I have one NIB for sale, PM with zip code if interested
Old 12-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Tech Initiate

its about time manufacturers start using 1/8 layouts for 1/10 cars, much more durable.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by NitroOB4You
I can not hold n turn both front or rear hubs at the same time w/o binding. This is difficult to explain in writing, hopefully ya know what I mean. It doesn't seem is if there's anything I can do to shim them either.
This sounds exactly like my truck, hopefully someone will chime in.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How do you get rid of the stock nose dive this thing has? I have no binding or anything like that and no drag brake. The suspension is stock and even if I hold throttle on in the air it just seems like it wants to nose dive. The suspension has its full range of droop and I have not limited it at all. The shock oil is stock and all suspension mounting points are like how they came from the factory.

Setup help like shock oil or drilling holes in a piston maybe?? Anything will help. Thanks!
Old 12-05-2010, 02:11 AM
Tech Adept

Guys,be careful.Don't have the throttle pressed when the car lands.You could break any dogbone.(I bent a rear and the center front from this....)
Old 12-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fleshgearf150
How do you get rid of the stock nose dive this thing has? I have no binding or anything like that and no drag brake. The suspension is stock and even if I hold throttle on in the air it just seems like it wants to nose dive. The suspension has its full range of droop and I have not limited it at all. The shock oil is stock and all suspension mounting points are like how they came from the factory.

Setup help like shock oil or drilling holes in a piston maybe?? Anything will help. Thanks!
Exactly what I was saying....
Old 12-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
I have one NIB for sale, PM with zip code if interested
No you don't!
Old 12-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HyperTT
This sounds exactly like my truck, hopefully someone will chime in.
Mine felt a little rough and after running a pack or two it feels better. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be sommoth out of the box. Maybe they build the diffs and literally just assemble them without turning them or anything. That might explain why the loosesn up after a run or two.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Posted a vid of a friend driving my 10TT. I don't have enough posts on here yet to paste a link but if you search on youtube for hyper 10tt and sort by upload date, it's the one posted by Justbeastit.

I absolutely love the truck. IMO out of the box it was pretty good. I have been running and tuning my hyper 10sc this last season and can't wait to apply all that tuning to this truggy. Hats off to ofna on this one.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

I am currently running the sidewinder sct with a 15t pinion and after liking it initially i miss the power i had with my 6.5 540. Did anybody try using a bigger pinion? i guess i'd loose too much acceleration. Or how about 3s on a 11t? I'd need new packs but would that bring the fun back? Thanks for your info!
Old 12-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Here's mine. It will be a couple weeks before I hit the indoor track, but mild bashing, she seems to steer and fly extremely well. New Akerman installed and a 7955.

Currently, I am running a Velineon VXL combo (I know, I know), but I had it laying around. Surpriisingly it's quite nice on 2s. Bought a few extra pinions, but I think I will leave the 13 tooth on for indoor. With the buggy tires, according to Brian G's speed calculator, she gets to about 32mph..

Oh yeah, ditched the stock wheel combo for buggy tires/wheels with 17mm adapters for the 4x4 slash. It looks much better in my opinion. Looks more like my VTRs on my 1/8 scale 6T: Tekin 2000 combo - flawless....

Old 12-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Default SCRT-10 Steering Conversion.

Found a link to do this in the Hyper 10SC forum, anyone tried it yet? I just bought the parts in aluminum from strc, hoping it works out well. I'll probably try and mount the drag link on the bottom like we're doing with the Ray Rabe mod right now.

EDIT: Apparently I can't even post links to other rctech threads, but it should be post 3829 in the Hyper10SC forum.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Punisher body

I know there was some talk about putting a T4 body on the TT, do you think this one would fit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.