Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 05:45 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by adrictan
Where can the Stackers and the Black Jackets be used?
The Stackers are a med lug tire designed for more durability on med/high abrasive tracks that tend to get dusty and choppy.

The Black Jackets are a small pin open design for maximum traction on very slick surfaces (super dusty, green tracks with no groove, etc).
Old 12-24-2012, 06:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Question for you tire gurus I received my barcodes for my b44.2 today. I ordered gold compound for an indoor clay surface. The fronts are soft as expected but the rears are very hard and stiff, is this how the rears are supposed to be? I imagined they would be more like the super soft compound, and not so hard
Old 12-24-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Any chance for Short Course Hybrids?
Old 12-25-2012, 01:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can anyone let me know which dimples on my hi flow sc body I am supposed to use. I have a FT SC 2wd.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:30 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zachfeen
Question for you tire gurus I received my barcodes for my b44.2 today. I ordered gold compound for an indoor clay surface. The fronts are soft as expected but the rears are very hard and stiff, is this how the rears are supposed to be? I imagined they would be more like the super soft compound, and not so hard
Clay compound rubber needs to be a little more firm. The size of the tread lugs in the rear compared to the size of the pins in the front will make the tread in the rear feel stiffer. Also rear tires see much higher loading forces so the rear tire carcass is going to be thicker, and have ribbing to better support the tread. I can't believe JConcepts hasn't made a front barcode V2's that has a similar tread design as the rear. I made a comment way back when the 4wd front Barcodes first came out, stating that I couldn't believe JConcepts just went with a tapered pin design instead of a bar style. At the time the BK Bar was the only bar style tire out, and they were just rears. For high temp, high grip outdoor tracks bar style rear tires with pin style front tires worked well, as the pins up front were less aggressive. But, for indoor clay alot of us found that a pin was not enough up front. We started cutting the BK Bar rears apart and gluing them back together to make fronts for 4wd. Now both Losi and PL have bars style 4wd front tires (and PL even have some for 2wd fronts), but nothing from JC.

As weird as this sounds, try smelling the tires and see if they smell the same. Different rubber compounds will have a different smell.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacingShack
Can anyone let me know which dimples on my hi flow sc body I am supposed to use. I have a FT SC 2wd.
The body should have come with a little piece of paper showing which holes to use for the sc10. If not, after you cut it out, put a small dot of black grease on the body posts. Now slowly lower the body down onto the posts, where the black grease is on the body match it up to the closest dimple.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Paul- Wanted to know what body post setup are you running on your SC10 with the High Flow 222 body? New to SC and want to set it up correctly.

Also on RC10 it posts a recent setup of yours....any hints to when the front sway bars will be available from JConcepts?

Thanks

Jeff
Old 12-27-2012, 05:52 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by todb
Any chance for Short Course Hybrids?
Not at the moment.

The body should have come with a diagram; but it's the forward most hole in the front and the most rearward hole in the back.

Paul- Wanted to know what body post setup are you running on your SC10 with the High Flow 222 body? New to SC and want to set it up correctly.

Also on RC10 it posts a recent setup of yours....any hints to when the front sway bars will be available from JConcepts?
I honestly don't know; I will have to check because I just make the body level with the lower chassis .

We have all but one part for the swaybars; so we are really hoping early/mid January.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Why do Double Dee buggy tires seem so... "baggy" ?
Great tread and rubber but they don't hold their shape well.
If I use a closed cell the tire doesn't seem to touch the foam and with an open cell you can overstuff it but it never seems to firm the tire up.
So I guess my question is what foam's do you guys reccomend for indoor clay when using the double dee?
I'm about ready to glue a 1/8th foam to a rim and cut it down on the tire truer...
Old 12-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by asc6000
If I use a closed cell the tire doesn't seem to touch the foam and with an open cell you can overstuff it but it never seems to firm the tire up.
So I guess my question is what foam's do you guys reccomend for indoor clay when using the double dee?
I'm about ready to glue a 1/8th foam to a rim and cut it down on the tire truer...
for starters they probably wouldn't recommend that tire to begin with.. something like bro codes or barcodes v1/2 would likely be a better choice. second, i i still like CC foam indoors, front and rear actually.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Have you tried the new JConcepts rounded 3206-3 insert? That would probably fit the DD carcass a bit better.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:06 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Sounds like something is wrong; I've never had a DD buggy tire feel like that. Please e-mail me and I will do my best to help you with any issues you may have - [email protected]
Old 12-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

Default part #'s

paul, i just picked up a lightly used t4.1 and like to go with the hex conversion. i found the part#'s for the front, but cant seem to find a # for the rear hex's? is it the same hex for the rear? one other thing, being new to the truck class, what tires do u suggest me to purchase for next weeks scrc supercup race? was thinking of trying out the closed cells you came out with also on the t4! see yall next weekend!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:00 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ANiznik
paul, i just picked up a lightly used t4.1 and like to go with the hex conversion. i found the part#'s for the front, but cant seem to find a # for the rear hex's? is it the same hex for the rear? one other thing, being new to the truck class, what tires do u suggest me to purchase for next weeks scrc supercup race? was thinking of trying out the closed cells you came out with also on the t4! see yall next weekend!
Here are the following JConcept items needed for the hex conversion:

JConcepts – Mono 12mm hex wheel
Part # 3354 (white)
3354Y (yellow)

JConcepts T4.1 front axle
Part #2170

JConcepts SC10 rear hex adaptor
Part # 2081 (use front and rear)

As for tires: It all depends on the track prep, but right now they are running Blue Bar Codes and Pressure Points with the Closed Cell inserts. I think DD's will be a good tire if it gets dusty.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Anything in the works for a +8mm body for the DEX210? I know the original can be made to fit, just wanted to see if something proper was being made.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.