R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   JConcepts Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/152787-jconcepts-thread.html)

AndyMoore 03-05-2007 08:51 PM

JConcepts Thread

I figured I would start a thread about JConcepts in here in case you guys had questions, concerns, or comments. I know there is already a thread for the BJ4/BJ4 WE, and Im leaving those alone. So this is for the bodies, wings, and other accessories. I'll also update with news and new product information when I can. :tire:

Chris Jarosz 03-05-2007 08:57 PM

Andy tell jason hes gotta get pics of the tires on the site :D

BuggyKing 03-05-2007 09:39 PM

will JConcepts make bodies for other 4 wheel drives brands like Losi, Kyosho etc? :confused:

AndyMoore 03-05-2007 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by XXXCRRacer
will JConcepts make bodies for other 4 wheel drives brands like Losi, Kyosho etc? :confused:

We already make 4wd bodies for both, 1/8, haha. I cant say whether or not we will make those in the future. Currently we have a million things going on, so once those are sorted, we'll take a look at new projects. As far as the Kyosho, they offer a "hopup" body for the ZX5, which is heavily JConcepts inspired.

rcdude-As everything is finalized, believe me, you'll be bombarded with pics, haha. I'll post more as soon as I can.

JoshR 85 03-05-2007 10:52 PM

i have a question about the steering on the BJ4 W.E.

i know this is mainly for other products, but no matter what i do i have way more steering to the left then i do to the right, and it wants to torq the chassis as well.

i made sure everything is assembled properly in the steering rack assembly, the steering turnbuckle is proper length, the servo is centered, i tryed angleing the servo horn, i tryed adjusting my epa.

i dont know what to do? and for my other cars i have no problem.

please help.

AndyMoore 03-06-2007 12:37 AM

You'll have to excuse the brief response as its a little late here, haha. I'll give it some more throught tomorrow. Off hand the only thing I can think of is that you set your epa while the car was on the bench, not on the ground. Make sure its "block to block" with weight on the wheels, touching the ground.

If youve done this, and the car still has more steering one way than the other under power, make sure nothing is binding up. The bearings, the cvd is put together properly, etc.

Maybe if you want to post a pic or two of the car so I might be able to spot something that was overlooked?

Scrubb 03-06-2007 02:20 AM

try this...

Center the trims on your radio. Put the servo horn on your servo as straight up as possible. Then use the SUB-TRIM on your radio to completely center the servo horn straight up. Adjust the servo horn to steering rack tierod so that the steering rack is centered while the servo horn is straight up. An easy way to do this is to use the the two screws that attach the graphite link to the steering rack arms (see photo). Now make sure you give your car zero degrees toe-in or toe-out with the steering tierods (at your preferred ride height with the equipment powered on). Then compare both steering tierods and make sure they are the same length as each other. Set the Dual Rate (D/R) on your radio to 125%. Now use the End Point Adjustment (EPA) on your radio (at your preferred ride height) and make sure the the steering blocks go all the way to full lock both left and right. That should be it, your car should turn in the same diameter circle on the track both left and right.

I use an Airtronics M11 and a Ko Propo Servo and my EPA is set to 80% both left and right with equal travel both ways. There might be slight differences using other equipment because servo travel is different between radios and servos.

Mark

nhodd 03-06-2007 06:16 AM

tyres

Are you guys producing tyres soon

AndyMoore 03-06-2007 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by nhodd
Are you guys producing tyres soon

We have some things in the works yes. I dont have a date, or more details. Things are looking good though, as Ryan Maifield won the Nitro Challenge using some of them. :tire:

More details as soon as I can.

BuggyKing 03-06-2007 09:47 AM

Thanks looking forward in the future for new body parts.

JoshR 85 03-06-2007 11:20 AM

Andy, and Scribb.... thanks a million for all of your help! ;)

i greatly appreciate it. my steering rack was of just a tad, and i even took it all apart and just rebuilt it, and it works great now! :nod:

nitroracer20 03-06-2007 11:23 AM

hi,
I was looking into one of these kits, however, how is parts availability? Who has parts? I didnt see any on stormers site.
Thanks

AndyMoore 03-06-2007 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by nitroracer20
hi,
I was looking into one of these kits, however, how is parts availability? Who has parts? I didnt see any on stormers site.
Thanks

Quite a few of the common wear parts are AE, so availability is quite good. If you encounter any issues it will be with a front tower, or front arm, so just order a couple extras with the kit and you should be fine. I just checked stormers site and they have 4 in stock. If you need anything, just order direct, or have your local shop start stocking the parts ;) .

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=ns&pn=JCI4100

JoshR 85 03-06-2007 12:26 PM

hey andy,

im just wondering, why can't you get the BJ4 w.e. body through g.p., but you can get just about every other body?

Kevin Boyle 03-06-2007 12:41 PM

Andy,

Great Job on the thread... keep up the good work. JConcepts has long been known for great customer service when it comes to provividing their customers with parts and tech support .

Later
Kevin Boyle
:spidey: