Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Anything in the works for a +8mm body for the DEX210? I know the original can be made to fit, just wanted to see if something proper was being made.

Thanks
Old 12-28-2012, 01:01 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xtraman122
Anything in the works for a +8mm body for the DEX210? I know the original can be made to fit, just wanted to see if something proper was being made.

Thanks
Not at the moment; its on the list, but several bigger projects ahead
Old 12-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Another Durango question- any plans for a body for the DEST210? Looking to get bodies ready for Motorama in February and would like a dialed cab forward look to match the buggies we have.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

Just mounted up the new axles on the front of my B4 with Avid hexes and Avid wheels. Wheels rub on the arms before reaching full steering lock. Anyone else experience this yet?
I built them per instructions with shims on the inboard side of the steering block.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:31 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jonny5
Another Durango question- any plans for a body for the DEST210? Looking to get bodies ready for Motorama in February and would like a dialed cab forward look to match the buggies we have.
It's on the list, but nothing before Motorama.

Just mounted up the new axles on the front of my B4 with Avid hexes and Avid wheels. Wheels rub on the arms before reaching full steering lock. Anyone else experience this yet?
I built them per instructions with shims on the inboard side of the steering block.
Sorry I don't have any experience with Avid hexes/wheels, but the axle shouldn't have any affect on width. Width is determined by the hex and wheel offset.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:58 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tire tread tearing off

Is this normal? I have some front gold Barcodes I have half a dozen runs on indoor clay with a patch of knobs/pins/bars that have ripped off. Kind of weird it is only in one patch. Maybe a bad tire? PM me please.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:59 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bambambennett
Is this normal? I have some front gold Barcodes I have half a dozen runs on indoor clay with a patch of knobs/pins/bars that have ripped off. Kind of weird it is only in one patch. Maybe a bad tire? PM me please.
Happened to me on my Double'Dees to. Would like to know why..
Old 12-31-2012, 07:17 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bambambennett
Happened to me on my Double'Dees to. Would like to know why..
I'm not sure why it happened, but it sounds like a defect during the molding process. Please contact [email protected] and they will take care of the situation ASAP.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi
Next race will be on a track that is indoors on hard packed slick clay that we normally run Barcode Green in 2wd. Thought the next race we will try a ribbed front tire, but there are some to choose from. Therefore I need help sort this out once and for all.

When ranking Rips, Groovy and Rounder, which have the most / least stearing and durability?

Thanks
Old 01-01-2013, 06:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

P-DUB: what compound would you recommend for really cool weather! I will be attending a race here in Northen California on a track that's outside but covered track! It's clay slick hard packed! Gold bar codes work good but would blue or green perform alittle better because of the cold? Temps probably will be in the 35 to 50 degree range track kept wet! Thanks for any help!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigdog
P-DUB: what compound would you recommend for really cool weather! I will be attending a race here in Northen California on a track that's outside but covered track! It's clay slick hard packed! Gold bar codes work good but would blue or green perform alittle better because of the cold? Temps probably will be in the 35 to 50 degree range track kept wet! Thanks for any help!!!
In my own experience when golds work well,blue and green does'nt. From what you explained golds will probably be the tire. But thats just my opinion.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by C_Money
any word on a finnisher for the ZX5? I had to get a bulldog because you guys dont have one yet.
The Finnisher for the B44.1 is an almost direct fit. A little cutting is required. If you want a pic I can post one.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:30 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by andersl
Hi
Next race will be on a track that is indoors on hard packed slick clay that we normally run Barcode Green in 2wd. Thought the next race we will try a ribbed front tire, but there are some to choose from. Therefore I need help sort this out once and for all.

When ranking Rips, Groovy and Rounder, which have the most / least stearing and durability?

Thanks
Between the 3:
-Rips give very smooth steering throughout the turn and 99% of the time are the best rib tire.
-Groovy normally feel more aggressive than Rips, but less consistent.
-Rounders normally have just to much steering and make the car to hard to drive.

I would recommend trying the Rips in Green with a rear foam cut.

elex300 answered this perfectly. Try treating your golds with WD40 if you need them a little softer.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

When was the last time a JConcepts BJ4 World's Edition built??? How reliable are they? Will a B44.1 or .2 Body fit the car???
Old 01-02-2013, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Tire compounds

Paul,

We have some upcoming races at Flowood RC in MS where the temps will be cold. We've typically run the super soft compounds but the tires seem to wear quick. We would go to the softs for the longer races. Would your gold or the new black compounds work better here and what about tire wear. Looking for something to run on nitro buggy and 4w SC. What about some of your newer tread designs?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.