Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leisure Hours Raceway Joliet IL

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Seems that last time I was there I was running my Evolva so I don't think there will be any 1/10 bashing. Besides, you two have to catch me first to put me into the boards! j/k

I may be going to the All Star round next week. Maybe I'll see you guys there.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duneland
The weather looks perfect for Sunday! Who is in? Who will bring a blower?
I am in for both.
65 degrees & sunny. Just doesn't get any better than that.
I plan on racing on Sunday, i have an electric leaf blower that I can bring.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JonnySocko
Seems that last time I was there I was running my Evolva so I don't think there will be any 1/10 bashing. Besides, you two have to catch me first to put me into the boards! j/k

Catch you?? You mean count the times we lap you? :P

DONKEY KONGER@!!
Old 09-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JonnySocko

Unless you are not planning to pass me after the first lap....but I am sure, T-Bone to a Evolva will definitely made my day.....KONGER X2 mode on.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

If anyone is still online on Sat...

Who was going to Leisure...

Walt
Phatpat Pfello
Team Carnage
etc.

I know most of you don't run electric but I'm thinking of making the trek anyway with the flashlight car. Might have to bring the T4 just in case.

Anyone else...Kenji??
Old 09-30-2006, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Word is, the new layout has a lot more infield! Should be much better for all (especially elect.). I'm in for 1/8. I don't have my elect tc ready yet...waiting for the new Mamba max 7kv!
Old 09-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Word is, the new layout has a lot more infield! Should be much better for all (especially elect.). I'm in for 1/8. I don't have my elect tc ready yet...waiting for the new Mamba max 7kv!
Too bad asking permission to race on wife birthday is usually not a good idea...or i will run my mod TC a long with with 1/8th for the last time...may be something in October before snow hitting us...

Duneland...I thought they were out already? Saw one on Al's and it is really a interesting unit (especially the USB connection to the computer for personal setup..) Once you have it...let me know how good that is...still debating this or the good old Novak GTB 3.5.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

Default frequency conflict killed my car but i must show restraint

dear LHR,

first i would like to apologize to all your customers, their family and friends and whom ever else was offended by my language on this sunday. the way i was shouting is really not in my nature and i regret acting out in such a way in your place of business. i always pride myself in being polite and very considerate of others around me and thats why i feel the need to let you guys know that i do not condone the way i was yelling and using choice words.

the issue,

my name is quay. guys may not know me by name but they know me as maybe the the black guy who always shows up to races and events with always a yellow and black painted onroad bodies for the past 3 years at tinley, dekalb, midwest series and now LHR. i have always been respectful of other drivers on and off the track. i know the rules and pretty much try to follow them.

well today, i missed the first qualifier for onroad of which i was registered to use ch. 75 which was clearly printed for racers to see. i even took it a step further by making sure i even had the clip from off the board with me.

during the second qualifier, i fired up my car and immediately left the pits only to have my car start going crazy and smacking into the boards. the damage:

broken fronts knuckles left and right
broken steering tie rod
broken dog bone
broken steering assembly
cracked front tire

i attempted to get some understanding from the individual who jacked my signal (Ira) only to be made to feel it was my fault and a "its the tracks fault" because they he wasnt using the channel he registered to use or even announce his alternate channels. after walking away from this guy i grew more upset because he did not and would not admit to me he was wrong and apologize. and thats when i lost for 20+ minutes. i was not asking for money, spare parts or some first place standing, i just wanted the guy to be a man and not only own up to the issue he caused but show some sort of compassion or remorse. he broke the cardinal rule in our hobby.

i know spektrum cures these issues and i know accidents happen...i get that. all i wanted was an apology man. shoot at the very least they could have banned him from the rest of the race day to even the score.

just my long rant,
Quay
C-main regular
Old 10-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

quay.

hope it doesn't keep you from coming back. things happen and people get heated....most who know Ira know he's a nice guy. Again things just happen and I'm sure any other day this might have not been an issue.

when it happened all I was thinking was..."Isn't that the quiet guy from Tinley ?? LOL" Anyway hope to see you back out.

---

I made the trek out to checkout the onroad track...

The new layout is definitely a lot nicer then the original layouts.
The track surface is super smooth. I ran my car at 5-5.5mm and didn't have it bottom out...no scratches If I had the right foams I would have thrown a modified in my 1/12th just to try it.

I'm sure next spring this will be the main place to race onroad whether it is electric or nitro.

If anyone wonders or cares...I ran the Novak 4.5 and in the main I think I went about 9 minutes before I pulled it for a battery swap. Probably could have gone longer with more conservative gearing. I think with Brushless and Lipo's next year electric could easily run a 8-10 minute main! sweet.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hows the tire wear now after a couple of races have been held?
Old 10-02-2006, 04:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
Hows the tire wear now after a couple of races have been held?
I noticed significantly less tire wear on my 1/8th car yesterday.

But I don't think it matters much anways, because they plan on seal-coating the track for next season, and with the proper seal coating and traction additive applied, tire wear should be minimal and traction should be great.

Yesterday was a very nice day for racing... unfortunately, that made it a nice day to do other things as well, so of course, I couldn't get permission to stay the whole day. I had fun while I was there, that's for sure.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Those who didn't show for yesterdays' racing---you missed a great day! Weather was fantastic (won't get many more like that this season), new lay-out was very good, traction very good. Just need some more on-roaders to finish up the season! Need some more elect. guys to keep Nexus company too.
Walt, hope you can stay for the whole day sometime! It was fun while you were there, at least.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

On the subject of tire wear.... I just checked my tires & I lost 3mm off the left rear & 2mm off the left front. That was a fifteen minute main + warm-up & a few practice laps during the break(I figure it was about 20 min.). 1/8 scale using 35 shore tires. I referenced the left side because that side had the most wear.
That's a big improvement from where we started a few weeks ago. I don't know how it was for 1/10.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

On the subject of tire wear.... I just checked my tires & I lost 3mm off the left rear & 2mm off the left front. That was a fifteen minute main + warm-up & a few practice laps during the break(I figure it was about 20 min.). 1/8 scale using 35 shore tires. I referenced the left side because that side had the most wear.
That's a big improvement from where we started a few weeks ago. I don't know how it was for 1/10.
That was exactly what happened on me last time when I was there...major wear on LEFT side......do you think running 38's on left and 35's on the right like those European does will help...?
Old 10-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

The tire wear I listed is very slight! I don't mean there was a difference of 3mm from left to right. As a matter of fact, the wear was pretty close to the same left to right (about .5 mm less wear on right side).
I think it would be borderline insane, to run different compound tires left to right (unless you are running oval).
Just gauge your tire wear in the quals & start the mains with a slightly larger tire on the side that wears faster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.