R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Wisconsin & Illinois Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing-11/)
-   -   Leisure Hours Raceway Joliet IL (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing/98027-leisure-hours-raceway-joliet-il.html)

chicagokenji 01-16-2006 10:38 PM

Leisure Hours Raceway Joliet IL

They formerly announced the third annual Chitown Shootout today.

Details aren't up yet, but should be soon.

March 3,4 and 5th

I'm hoping they separate days by class. Stock one day and Mod the next.

http://www.leisurehoursraceway.com

chicagokenji 01-24-2006 08:54 AM

March Race

Here's the info from Leisure:

4th ANNUAL CHI-TOWN SHOOT OUT - March 3rd, 4th, and 5th
Schedule

Thursday: March 2nd:

Paid Practice 4pm – 10pm

Friday March 3rd:
Race Practice 11am – 8pm

Saturday March 4th:
Stock Truck/Buggy 19T Truck
Practice 8am - Registration ends at 10:30am
4 rounds of qualifying to begin at 11am
Mains to follow.
Trophy presentation after the mains.

Sunday March 5th:
Mod Truck/Buggy & 4-wheel Drive
ClassPractice 8am Registration ends at 10:30am
4 rounds of qualifying to behind at 11am
Mains to follow.
Trophy presentation

Classes Available
Stock Truck - Stock Buggy
19-turn truck (6 minute)
Modified Truck - Modified Buggy
4-WD Buggy

$35 for first class,
$25 for each additional (same Driver No refunds)
Awards First – Tenth A Main - All other mains First – Third

chicagokenji 06-26-2006 12:47 PM

Schedule Change for Leisure

Electric will now be run alongside nitro for the outdoor offroad track. Here's the new schedule. This was just posted at the Leisure forum:

Schedule Changes

Tuesday: Offroad Open Practice 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Thursday: Offroad Open Practice 4:00 pm- 9:00 pm
Friday: Offroad Open Practice 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Saturday: Offroad Nitro & Electric Racing - Open Practice 9:00 am - 2:00 pm - Racing starts at 3:00 pm
Sunday: Offroad Nitro & Electric racing - Doors Open 8:00 am Race 11:00 am

Please Note: The practice times are TENTATIVE until we install the lights for the outdoor tracks
The track is still a work in progress
Edited by: doberman1961 at: 6/26/06 1:40 pm

here's the track's forum URL:

http://p220.ezboard.com/bleisurehoursraceway

duneland 06-26-2006 01:22 PM

Asphalt someday maybe?

squarehead 06-26-2006 04:00 PM

I guess enough badgering worked, as the electrics can finally have a place to call home on the weekends, though holding races each day for the same classes just divides everything up more. I guess we will take what we get at this point, huh?

Anyone up for electric 2wd mod and truck mod on July 8th (Saturday). Let's get some support for the electric classes going out there so they have no reason to ignore it anymore!

:tire:

duneland 06-27-2006 09:25 AM

Saying that it divides the turn-out, assumes that everyone that comes on Sat. would come on Sunday (or vise versa), if only one day was offered. Offering both days gives more people the oportunity to race.

squarehead 06-27-2006 10:24 AM

Sure, it does that, but it also gives LOTS of racers the opportunity to be wishy-washy about when they will attend. It doesn't hep that there are 9 electric classes that you can run, not even including the proposed brushless classes, so watering it down even more makes it tough for electric racing to get any type of foothold. Too many options only dilutes everything down.

It will probably wind up changing, anyway, when the asphalt track is done and on and off road will take on one day or the other. At least common sense would suggest that, but you never can tell. :rolleyes:

duneland 07-01-2006 12:38 PM

Any news on the Asphalt scene?

chicagokenji 07-01-2006 03:46 PM

Sunday Electric

We'll be there tomorrow...will be bringing the buggy and the truck along.

anyone else going to make it for electric?

chicagokenji 07-02-2006 07:30 PM

!

Great day of racing today.

50+ racers with three sets of truggy races, one set of electric, and three sets of 1:8 scale buggy.

There was some good competition out there in alot of the races.

Next time we're out I'll have another 1:8 buggy and I'll have two electric vehicles in the races.

It's tough to keep two classes per racer up and running for the whole day. Ultimately I'd like me and the two boys to be able to run nitro and electric for them and just electric for me...but my pit skills aren't good enough...

Right now my hands have cramps and I can't get my finger nails clean.

GrandeGixxer 07-02-2006 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
I can't get my finger nails clean.

I hate that. :D

squarehead 07-04-2006 06:37 PM

Anyone ready to finally get outside with the electric cars this Saturday?

I'm there—and bringing along a mod or 19T truck and a mod 2wd buggy. I don't care what the classes are, I just want to race outside finally!

Does anyone know if they have power outside or do I have to go bite the bullet and buy a generator? :eek:

chicagokenji 07-05-2006 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Anyone ready to finally get outside with the electric cars this Saturday? I'm there—and bringing along a mod or 19T truck and a mod 2wd buggy. I don't care what the classes are, I just want to race outside finally! Does anyone know if they have power outside or do I have to go bite the bullet and buy a generator? :eek:

We raced there this past Sunday. We did nitro and electric. At first there wasn't going to be an electric class because there weren't enough electric guys, but at the last minute a few guys showed up. It was fun. In total there were over 50 racers for the day. Just three of us running electric.

No need to run a generator outside. You pit inside. they don't have electric up and running yet outside. The outdoor track is a work in progress.

From what I heard there wasn't enough of anything to even race on Saturday at Leisure. Sunday would be your better bet. The best bet if you wanted to race outdoor off road at Leisure would be to go on a Sunday and have a nitro and an electric vehicle with you.

chicagokenji 08-28-2006 06:22 AM

history?

I believe Leisure made US track history yesterday and ran their first ever outdoor on road/off road race day program.

Both outdoor tracks were used for racing on the same day. Off road and On road alternated races. Essentially there were about 75 total racers with I believe 11 total races for the day. Both electric and nitro ran on both tracks. The biggest class was 1:8 scale buggy, with 4 classes total.

There was absolutely no ill effects between switching from off road to the on road track. With the advent of the majority of racers, these days, running Spektrum type radios, frequency issues were non-existent.

Glad to see so many people at the track.

Rick Vessell 08-30-2006 02:13 PM

Anybody running this weekend? I want to come up and check out the onroad but I don't want to be the only one there.

Walt? Ira? Dune? Howard? Nexus?

Socko