Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Extreme Off Road R/C in Beaver Dam, Wi >

Extreme Off Road R/C in Beaver Dam, Wi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extreme Off Road R/C in Beaver Dam, Wi

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Brad. We will be glad to see you come down. Crivitz is a long drive, so check the computer weather map before you leave, or call my cell at 920 948 4484 to find out before your long drive. See ya there!!
Old 04-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

I was asked to give directions once more on the thread. So here it is. Turn off Hwy 151 onto the Hwy G exit. Go north into Beaver Dam on G. Watch on the left for Cooper St which I think is the second street on the left. Go left onto Cooper st and watch on the right side for Grisswald Automotive (after the second street). I plan on having a sign in front of the bussiness. The track is in the back of the bussiness. If you have a problem finding it call my cell at 920 948 4484. Chuck
Old 04-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracenut
Well. Just came back from the new Extreme Offroad R/C track. Did some track work. Tried out the new AMB/ R/C Scoring pro in practice and all went well. The drivers stand is up and painted (thanks Paul) and we did a mock race to see the system work. The "valley of death" is jumpable with a monster truck. It was fun, then it rained and had to quit earlier than planned. But the rain will definately knit the track together more. Pauls Dad is going to get the electric post out there hopefully this week. If you come to the opener on May 6th, bring a extention cord and table and a plan to charge off your car battery just incase it doesnt get completed. If you look at the drivers stand, you may recognize it from the Road Rage raceway in GreenBay. That is where Paul bought it. Nick took some pictures of the track from different angles. Check it out.

is it me or does the "Valley of death" look narow? besides that it looks great
Old 04-30-2006, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zac R
is it me or does the "Valley of death" look narow? besides that it looks great
Quit squinting Zac! LOL I have visions of my B4 eating the reverse slope of that thing...or flying off to the side...yea..should be fun!
Old 05-01-2006, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

Theres a challenge at every track. The valley of death will take talent to do correctly. But Im sure most wont have any problem as long as you dont go 3 wide.
Track opens at 9am. Registration closes at 12:30 with racing at 1pm.

Last edited by rcracenut; 05-01-2006 at 04:44 AM.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

OH MY GOD!!

I'll be there this saturday! I'll need a transponder though so hold one for the guy with the vengeance for the opposition.

I will be coming to race in the monster truck class since you might not have a truggy class yet. But I will be there for sure.

Are you affiliated in anyway with the hobbyshop that is in BD? I need a closer means of fuel

I'm going to try to get the guys from lomira's track to show up also.

Great work on the track!!! See ya saturday!
Old 05-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Jackyl] OH MY GOD!!

Are you affiliated in anyway with the hobbyshop that is in BD? I need a closer means of fuel

I dont know if your refering to the one that "closed" suddenly this past winter, or Jims Hobby House. Jim and I are working out a deal for me to bring fuel and glow plugs to the track if he cant be there. See ya Saturday.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

this is thunder speedway in lomira I will see if the club is doing and see if I can get the gang together and come out this sat. are tracks will be done in june.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

I can't remember the name of it. It was on the corner across from the movie theater. That place closed? Well I heard that hobby depot in hubertis also closed. seems like alot are closing up shop.

plugs and fuel will be main items that would be great to have for sale at the track.

Traxxas travis might make an apperance also woohoo ;D

I can't wait for saturday
Old 05-02-2006, 04:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So what is every one running, and how are the monster trucks and the truggys being run?

Me CRT.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:22 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Jackyl]I can't remember the name of it. It was on the corner across from the movie theater. That place closed? Well I heard that hobby depot in hubertis also closed. seems like alot are closing up shop.

Ya. Thats the one. Its not an easy bussiness. With all the ebay and mailorder going on, its tough to put prices where you can still pay the bills with a store front.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by schmidt452
So what is every one running, and how are the monster trucks and the truggys being run?

Me CRT.
I think the majority of the vehicles will be Monster trucks and 1/10th scales at this time. We plan on running the monsters and the truggies together unless 3 or more truggies show up. then they will have their own class.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Tech Adept

A retail front is a major overhead to deal with. And the internet is a valid place to setup shop, less overhead means better pricing. But I still like to walk into a big hobbyshop that has high prices and everything there for me to grope

Those monster trucks better be fast
Old 05-02-2006, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

If I can get the Vengence running tomorrow night after work I should be there Sat morning. Jackyl you wanna ride with me? If I show up there will be at least 3 truggies.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:30 PM
Tech Adept

3 huh? the 3rd wouldn't be a hellfire would it ?

I'll ride with depending if there will be room.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.