Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Extreme Off Road R/C in Beaver Dam, Wi >

Extreme Off Road R/C in Beaver Dam, Wi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extreme Off Road R/C in Beaver Dam, Wi

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Points are updated and are in table format with totals now.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Had a great time yesterday! Great bunch of guys. Thanks for helping out the "new guy". I think my lap times would be alot better if I stayed on the track!!!
Old 06-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Originally Posted by tcflyr
Had a great time yesterday! Great bunch of guys. Thanks for helping out the "new guy". I think my lap times would be alot better if I stayed on the track!!!
Practice Tim. Even then you still can find yourself over the pipes sometimes. LOL
Glad to see you two there. You did fine ,I thought.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yea our little mid flight collision off the table top great racing tho.

Tim, I thought you did a great job also you were only two laps down from us practice makes perfect.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

It was hot today. Just ran practice. Not enough to race. Well, a couple of the new guys had time for some track practice. Both Tim and Andy are looking like some good competitors coming up. We also had a little time to make some track improvements. Widen out the elevation change and take the lip off the table top. Thanks for the help Chris.
Jim Diels has volunteered to run the show next week while I am gone moving Michelle. Thanks Jim.
June 30th there will not be any racing due to the wedding. Saturday, July 7th we will be back at the track. I am still trying to talk Michelle into a father/ daughter race instead of a dance. I thought it would be a first and it would be unique also. Mom says it wont fly. Oh well. I tried.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Jim volunteered to run the show again on the 30th while I am at Michelles wedding. Thanks Jim! So it is a regular race day, with gates opening at 10am and racing starting at 1pm. Come on out and have fun on the off road track.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

No racing today.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

Bummer!.... next week? I was ready to take home 1st place too!
Old 07-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry Tim. No racing at Extreme off road anymore. Paul (the land owner) and I talked today, and with the poor turnout we have had the last 9 weeks, we could not justify running the race program any longer. In fact the last 4 weeks didnt even bring enough racers to have a race (min 6). We dealt with poor attendance last year too. We debated on not running it again this year, but then changed our mind and decided to give it till July to see if it changed. It didnt. There are alot of trucks around this town, many already have PTs. They are either just too busy with other things and RC racing isnt important to them, or some are intimidated and dont want to look "dumb" as a beginner. I already told the intimidated ones how we all started and learned. But it didnt matter.
It wasnt an easy decision for me either. We did everything we could along with a front page write up in the local paper to inspire off road in this area. But you need a large core group who makes it a regular weekly thing to make this fly. We didnt have that. I know that things come up with each person. Thats life. I dont expect ANYONE to live RC. Just take week or so now and then.
So we move on and race elsewhere. I want to thank the many who did come to our track. We had some really cool racers come from all over to see our track. Many of them returned. Some from long distances. It was fun to see you and race with you again.
To the locals who told me for so long "if there were a track in Beaver Dam, I would be there every week", there was, and now its gone. Where were they? Guess thats how it goes sometimes.
Now I will have a AMB system with the Scoring Pro for sale. Movin on!

See you racers at the track! Chuck
Old 07-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Another one bites the dust.
I sure HATE seeing this happen to the hobby I love!
Larry.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Sorry to hear that you won't be racing at Extreme R/C anymore. You are all welcome to come to DeForest and race at MARCCA. There is a good group of guys that run Monster trucks as well as 1/8 buggy and Truggy. Come out and race with us! Also give Nitro Farm in Jefferson a try this weekend. They race Thursdays and there will be a couple of Saturday and weekend races this season there. Plenty of great racing to be had.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So sad, such a great place to race
Old 07-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

for lack of better words... that sucks!
Old 07-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

you guys are welcome to come and check out the track in lomira it's not that far away
Old 07-14-2007, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Pauls keeping the track up for tuning in an horsing around. You would have to ask him if he is going to be there to run on it.