Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Extreme Off Road R/C in Beaver Dam, Wi >

Extreme Off Road R/C in Beaver Dam, Wi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extreme Off Road R/C in Beaver Dam, Wi

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Tech Adept

I can call Tony tomorrow and see if he wants to come out. I was talking about your Vengence and my Vengence and the guy with the CRT. Even if Tony rides with there will be the room. I will have the Van.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Tech Adept

Can we get a head count? I will be there for sure but who else? I would like to think that a wicked track like this should have at least 20 people show up on opening day. So lets here who is going to show up and with what?
Old 05-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Tech Adept

I'll be there with my Vengence also.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:07 AM
Tech Adept

Just 2 people are going to show up? The weather looks to be great for saturday. I hope to see many people at this tracks grand opening!
Old 05-10-2006, 04:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So how was racing this weekend? Is the any night open for practice?
Old 05-10-2006, 12:09 PM
Tech Adept

First off, The people were great! chuck was open to any walk up questions or just walk up BS'n

The track...The back straight has moguls in it to slow you down, "stay centered". The first right is high, take it high and come down straight and fast. The lane next to the drivers stand is a bit narrow as is the pit lane. Chuck said that they will be widening both of these by next weekend. The valley of death really needed a lip!! It was a "by the seat of your pants" jump saturday. Then the second turn was a sharp wide right into a single, then another single, then a kinda tight ( maybe 2 monster trucks wide) left going into a set of doubles and then a nice set of triples. These were spaced out enough to clear both of them coming out of the 3 corner with mild speed. then turn 4 is kinda wide to the right back into the starting area, back stretch when your on the drivers stand.

The drivers stand was nice, sturdy and actually painted It could be a bit higher but I'm a fan of lomira's drivers stand, I like the eagle eye view of the track.

There was a lack of vehicles so we didn't have a segregated class of monster trucks / buggies / stadiums. The monster trucks all ran together, truggies included. And the single buggy that was there also ran with us. But, There was problems with the decoder box so the race was put on hold for awhile and eventually not raced. Chuck refunded all the racers money due to technical problems and apologized "it wasn't needed, but was greatly appreciated".

I see this track having a great following once the word get outs there a little bit more. I'm sure that chuck and his group will fix this issues for this weekend in order to keep this track up to par.

One other thing is about the transponders. They are not the rechargeable type. They are regular amb trasponders that use your electronics power source.

Keep up the great work chuck!! I sure hope that this can describe the track to someone that maybe interested in showing up. See ya saturday! if the weather works that is
Old 05-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Originally Posted by schmidt452
So how was racing this weekend? Is the any night open for practice?
The guys that showed up were really cool and very patient. As was said, I had a problem with the new AMB decoder. I talked to AMB and they are sending out new overnight, so hopefully no problems this week with the scoring system. That leaves the rookie behind the computer. Ill get it there, hang on. Paul said he would get the "valley of death" widened this week if he can get the dirt that quick (busy time of the year). Ya, we didnt have alot of guys there, but I was hoping for a small show till things got sorted out. After the scoring problem, I was glad it wasnt a huge turn out. But the large amount of locals that stopped in and commented "I have one of these at home and wanted to race it but didnt know where" were great. They were very excited. I hope they do what they say. The turn out should grow more with that.
As far as prctice during the week at night, no. This is a bussiness property and the owner has a gate around the place, including the track. But, I try to get to the track at 9 am on Saturday, which gives you 4 hours before race time to get alot of practice in. I will keep doing that unless I dont see anyone till alot later. But I will announce the "gate open" time change here on the thread if that happens.
Hope you can come to the track soon and have some fun racing. Looking forward to seeing you. Chuck
Old 05-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Chuck

I did not see this thead about your new race track until last week Wednesday, and I stopped out to look at it on Thursday. I was not able to make it on Saturday because I had sold my radio to my grandson and my new 3PK and spektrum have not come in yet, so I won't be able to make it this Saturday either. It sure will be nice having a track that is 15 miles from me rather then having to drive 50 miles one way to race. I only hope that my 2 grandsons will be able to find a way there. Once I get the radio and get it set up I will be there. It sounds like there were a few bugs the first day, but I am sure you will get them worked out. Hope to see you there soon.

Dave
Old 05-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Got the new AMB stuff today. Tried it out and it counted all the laps . Cool! Now it only has to work for the races.
We are getting alot of rain and they are forcasting more tonight and Friday. I will check the condition of the track tommorrow. If its too bad I will call it Friday night on the thread. If it quits raining and drys up tommorrow I will look at it Saturday morning at 9am. If anyone wants to know for sure before they drive ,call my cell at 920 948 4484 to find out for sure.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

No racing this Saturday due to the track being extremely wet. More rain coming too. Plan on next week the 20th.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

It looks good for racing this Saturday, the 20th! The track is nearly dried out and the forecast looks good. I'll double check the track tommorrow and give the report Friday night.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Nice day of racing. The AMB system worked flawlessly. Small group ,but lots of fun. Newbies showed up and learned alot. Looking forward to seeing them do it again next week. Even a suprise "feed" after the races. One of the racers (Andy) and his wife brought enough brats and hamburgers to feed everyone there. Add in the fantastic chocolate chip cookies from Jessica and you know how much I like food. Mmmmm! All went well and even the rain managed to stay away till the food was gone. Looking forward to next week.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

How many people showed up and what classes were able to be raced?
Old 05-20-2006, 09:53 PM
Tech Adept

I wanna make it out there again but I don't know when I am gonna be able to go now. I am busy with things the next few weeks so we will have to see what happens.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I had to finish moving today Sir Charles. I'll be there next weekend. I'm glad to hear that there are newbies coming out and having fun. I can't wait to race again with you guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.