Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone interested in 1/8 on road in AZ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yeah i've been wanting to have one. by next year, i'll probably get a kit (i'm looking at getting the DELTA from Fusion). and then work from there... because i know once i have the kit, i'll itch more to get all the other stuffs to have it RTR.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

by the way, for those who don't go to starting grid onroad forum, here's a script i copied so you can read it. it's about the arizona racing scene and i hope we really get something started here.

---------------------------------------------------------------

#61 of 75 by Dawn Sanchez (dawn) on Wed Nov 9 11:11:32 2005:
Robbie Collins - please.. give me a call? My office is 480 964 2386. Thank you! (its rather important!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#62 of 75 by Dawn Sanchez (dawn) on Wed Nov 9 12:00:34 2005:
Robbie - just off the phone with you and I realized that you were starting to ask my assistance regarding an Arizona issue and we never got to it. I am sorry..... please, call me back when you get time?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#63 of 75 by robbie collins (slowme) on Wed Nov 9 13:57:21 2005:

I was wondering about scouting out a place to host a race in AZ being
that there has been know on road races there in awhile, Brad and a few
others guys always have to travel to race, maybe it's time we bring a
race to them. I just wanted to know if you knew of any places around AZ
that would allow this? Or had any ideas.

#64 of 75 by Dawn Sanchez (dawn) on Wed Nov 9 14:32:08 2005:
Wow... my on road experience is pretty much... NULL. I do know on road fuel racing is very limited here due to lack of facilities but I will begin research. SRS has a small track for electric racing and has an annual event that brings in the likes of Barry Baker and other name drivers.

Is it possible Brad and those interested could contact me and we could begin working on this? Of course, my replacement as promotions director will be brought up to speed on this as well.

#65 of 75 by Dave Clark #11-5661 (davec) on Wed Nov 9 15:27:51 2005:

Dawn, a young man currently living in the Phoenix area is very
interested in getting some fuel on road stuff going. I put him in
contact with several of the local racers there, but please include him
in any emails you might send for this purpose.

[email protected] - His name is Canyon

Thanks
Dave

#66 of 75 by Dawn Sanchez (dawn) on Wed Nov 9 15:53:21 2005:
Dave.. will do... any chance you could get Canyon to phone me? Home is 480 699 4722

thanks!

#67 of 75 by Brad Toffelmire (ybslow) on Wed Nov 9 16:06:34 2005:

Robbie,
Will you be at the Fusion Race this weekend at our favorite track.(LOL)
I need to talk to you about the Arizona thing.

#68 of 75 by Jim Hottinger (hotts) on Wed Nov 9 16:07:48 2005:

I agree with Robbie, I also would like to see an on road race in AZ.

#69 of 75 by Dawn Sanchez (dawn) on Wed Nov 9 16:39:48 2005:
I'm here to help.... well, I'm officially ROAR for 1 1/2 more month but regardless, I'm involved and will do what I can.

For some reason, I don't have a great relationship with on road racers.. no idea why.. I'm sure I said something at some point that ticked somebody off.. (huh, Rich? LOL)

of which, I do apologize and hope it will be known that I sincerely have a passion for whats best for the hobby and am willing to do what I can to assist.

#70 of 75 by Dave Clark #11-5661 (davec) on Wed Nov 9 19:51:21 2005:

Hey, you haven't pissed me off yet??!!
8>)

I will send your # to Canyon.

#71 of 75 by Dawn Sanchez (dawn) on Thu Nov 17 12:31:13 2005:
Dave - Canyon called me.... not much else going on. Brad also contacted me and he and I will follow up later on when he gets somethign a bit more concrete.

#72 of 75 by Dave Clark #11-5661 (davec) on Thu Nov 17 12:59:46 2005:

Hope you all can get something going.

Our on road program up here is in trouble (low entry). We need to
figure something out to promote this thing again.

------------------------------------------------------------
END OF SCRIPT
Old 11-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

Yeah, like I said earlier I contacted Dawn but she hasn't gotten back to me with anything. An old racing buddy (Dave Clark) put me in contact with her and some other people and I've been trying to get more bodies together to accomplish something. Maybe some more of you guys should call Dawn and let her know that your very interested in this.

Stew, got any ideas on a location or date for a meeting?

Canyon
Old 12-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

well said and I am in 100% agreement. I will continue to try to take the steps to create interest and have a place to race. It will get done! Thanks
Old 12-01-2005, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

thanks a lot sam. your caliber and experience is truly needed to make things go forward.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

I am sorry I haven't been a part of the friday night shows at SRS. Each and every time I have been there it has been fun for me. I use that track almost every saturday morning to run my 1/10th scale cars I am testing and also keep my 1/8th scale in trim.... not easy track for the 1/8th... but some fun.

I will be trying to get more involved in the racing here. In addition to my autobrokage business I opened an online hobby shop. The focus of this shop is to get cars at different price levels so we can get that beginner, who can't afford mtx4's and etc, but wants to race an on road car.... then have cars that they can continue to grow into..... this has been a concept of mine... and yes even a dream of mine to do in order to help this sport grow. I presently sell about 20 to 30 cars a month on this internet store. Stupid LHS's shops here have yet to figure out how hot this exciting hobby is to people just starting to look in and just becoming owners of a car.

SRS is a good place to race because it is the only place....lol... best I can say for this track... sorry.... Great for the electrics.... but not nitro... but like Jo said.... it's the only game in town so we should go there until "we" make a new game. Easy to bitch about things... a little bit harder to make something new happen.

I am surprised I may say by the number of people saying they would like to get something going here in the valley.... trust me so would I! A club can easily be put together, however as mentioned by someone else it takes those people who are prepared to be loyal every week to the club. When I lived in No.Ca. and had the rams club, we had a policy it you were not there to put upthe track, or tear down the track you got no practice time. You paid your entry fees and ran your heats and main only.... not even practice between sessions.... if you didn't help twice in a row... you didn't get to race the next week.... period.... gets rid of the premadonnas who don't help any sport what so ever.

To get the club a Roar affiliate is easy and very necessary due to insurance coverage. You will need the coverage no matter where you hold the races... parking lot or a mall because the owner of the property needs to be covered for liability.

Locations should not be looked at low traffic areas... don't care how pretty the pavement... if you are in one of these areas and you have 5 racers this week... guess how many next week... yep 5... lol Put weekly event on mall property and that's how you get over 100 members like the rams club... did this 20 years ago... worked then ... will work today.... think of this... how many each week at SRS???? same thing!

Getting together some where other than SRS is a good idea. After the race most want to go home or in a hurry... those truly interested in starting a club might just start the first commitment to this by making time one day during the week to get together and verbally state what they are willing to commit to and then we can develope plans from there... so far all has been talk... and Jo I love you man.... but going to SRS as faithfully as you have done for four years has brought your total of racers to a non-existent level..... It is time to take the next step... and I mean really take the next step...not just talk....

Guys, you are talking here to someone that loves this sport and I am at an age and time in my life where I am going to and can devote my total interest to this sport. ie... my internet store and other future plans with this locally... traveling to races to continue to support others that devote themselves to promoting races and this hobby....

Let's make it happenhere in Phoenix.... WE NEED A FEW GOOD MEN!!!!! LOL
ANYONE CAN CALL ME AT ANY TIME... 480-567-2560... Have a great holiday and christmas to all of you.... God Bless you and your families from Wendy and I.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sfelish
... and Jo I love you man.... but going to SRS as faithfully as you have done for four years has brought your total of racers to a non-existent level..... It is time to take the next step... and I mean really take the next step...not just talk....

OUCH but you know what, in reality, you are absolutely right!

well, we get a track or not or whatever happens, i will be one of "the few good men" and will continue to race onroad and try to promote it. i just really love the hobby, that's all!

by the way, what's the address of your internet store?
Old 12-04-2005, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Default LOVE YA ALL, BAD TIMING !!!!

The On-ROad scene will happen, I wish I was here to help finish the Job !!!

Ken, Jo, Brad Etc... you all know how we have tried to keep the scene alive over the years, and as chance would have it, I now have to move back to my homeland LOL ( Wyoming) and allow my kids to experience a scene that in my opinion is much better than here.

In any event, My heart is here with the On-Road gas racers that I have developed a relationship over the years, and hope that in some way I have influenced their perspective on the F-1 of Rc racing, which is Onroad Gas !!
No Dirt, No Oval, just pure speed, handling, and Ability !!!!!!!
No offense to any other dicipline, but we all know that doing 60 + for an hour with pit stops is awesome !!!!!!!!!!

Jo & Kenny keep it going guys, you are the future !!!!!

Brad your the man, and we all know it !!! Love ya dude !!!

I will back when I can, and if nothing else, I will try my best to make it to Vegas in the Spring, and in the Fall !!!!

I can tell you one thing, "I will be the fastest Onroad" racer in Wyoming !!!
Maybe the only one !!!! But the Fastest !!!!!! ROFL !!!!

I will help support Region 10 that the MARCAR group has going in Southern Colorado and hope to get some others interested in Wyoming by showing a select few that are interested in what the national scene is doing, however, I think that is a tall duty !!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL !!!!

Jo/Kenny/Brad/Bill/Scott !!! You know I have been one of the few that have kept the scene alive, and I hope you make it work !!! I admire the dedication and hope that my little Flash Scenes, have Shown you the "LIGHT"

"I am the Alpha & Omega, The Beginning and Ending, I am which was, Which Is, and What will always Be !!!!

Give me a call soon !!!! I would like to here from you soon !!!!!

" The Human Highlight Film"

Scott
Old 12-04-2005, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

damn man! we're really gonna miss you! but yeah, try to make it to vegas cuz you know we'll be there.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

So does anyone have any suggestions on a time, date and location for us to get together and talk about all of this? I'll be out of town the 17th through the 28th so if we can't do it before then, let's definitely plan on doing it soon after I get back.

Canyon
Old 12-05-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Need to set a time after the first of the year. Too busy right now with business and family coming in for the holidays.

Wife in addition has me painting the inside of the new house before all arrive ! lol Love to paint!!!!

Maybe the first friday race after the first we can talk there and make plans for the first meeting of the new on road club in Arizona!
Old 12-05-2005, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Scott, better not count those chickens before they hatch... best look at this web site http://www.longspeakcam.com/zoomrc/... looks like an organized group there with a program.... maybe Masta speak to soon!
Old 12-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Sounds good to me. I'm swamped as well with all this Christmas business.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Tech Initiate

if the track can accomodate 1/10 electric i would like to be involved!!
Old 12-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I know most if not all of you guys are from up north but what about doing a track in tucson. There are only two tracks down here, a carpet and asphalt and most of us run the carpet track, but I know there is alot of people down here that want to run gas but have no place to run it. The asphalt track(hobby town) looks down on gas guys because all the oval guys say it puts too much oil down on the track, I've tryed several times to get a gas class going but after two or three weeks no one wants to do it anymore because of all the bitching. It would be nice to have a nice outdoor track here to race on without all the drama. Just my 2 cents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.