Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone interested in 1/8 on road in AZ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 02:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Still working on that....

In the meantime, I'm trying to bid on a new MTX4 sedan.
Got to have a place to race it now
Old 01-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Good news to report guys, I have just become an Arizona trackside and e commerce dealer for Team Magic. I will have the cars and parts within the next couple of months! With Team Magic's G4 Le Mans RTR cars and my own cars that I import and build, I have created an excellent base of choice for new beginners and more expereinced racers to get into our hobby in Arizona. Team Magics G4s and pro model will give the experience racer a fantastic car as well. I am very excited with my new business relationship with Team Magic. My business Raceday Hobbies combined with Team Magic make on road racing a true reality for many people. I hope I will have news about a 1/8th scale car as well in the next month or so!!!!!

Oh by the way Jo, you got your wish, I will be racing here all the time now!!!

And Stew, yes the track will be a reality as well as the club We need to set a place for sunday. Maybe a spot off the highway 101, or 60,or 10 so it will be easy for everyone to get to. Lets set the place by tomorrow... so everyone come up with a place they know!!!! OKay...

Talk to you guys tomorrow

Sam
Old 01-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Wendy has suggestion a place called Zips...It is on camelback one block west of hayden on Miller. Has a nice outdoor patio so we can easily sit and talk.
Next choice???????????????????
sam
Old 01-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Tech Initiate

That's Great news Sam!

I remember seeing the Team Magic for the 1st time in France at the 1999 1/8th scale World Championships and was attempting a distributorship until General Silisone stepped in and botched the deal up.

I did fill a nice order for hardware though!

Anyway, I am mostly familiar with the North Scottsdale venue as far as restaurants go. So, if this place has some room to gather together and talk then I'm all for it cause it will be closer to everyone.

Give us an address....

Stew
Old 01-03-2006, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

Don't know the exact address but it id one lock west of Hayden on the southwest corner of camelback and miller. Right upfront facing camelback. Good patio outside so easy to sit and talk. 12:00 should be good for all... they have great burgers there!!!!

Sam
Old 01-03-2006, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i know it's scattered in here, but it will help those who frequent this forum.

Meeting
Date: ...........
Time: ...........

This way, I can forward the forum link to the boys and they will see exactly what i'm talking about.

thanks sam
Old 01-03-2006, 07:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation Meeting On Sunday January The 8th!!!!

There will be an informal meeting on January the 8th regarding an on road racing track large enough for 1/8th scale racing and formation of a new on road racing club. Those interested in attending Please read the information below:

Location: Zip's Sports Grill - 7551 E Camelback Road, Phoenix

Time: 12:00 noon

All are invited to discuss how to approach this project. There is no formal or designated speaker. This is an open discussion. Your thoughts and input will be welcome.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Stew, thanks Jo

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Sam
Old 01-08-2006, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Good luck all !!!! I'm there in Spirit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott
Old 01-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

hi scott,
the meeting went on a very positive note! we actually made the first step and i think this will be a very good year as you know me and you both have been waiting for something to happen. i wish you were here but hey, i'll see you in april for sure, if not sooner!

to all the guys who went to the meeting, it was nice to see you all and actually met some for the first time.

i'm looking forward to the next meeting and this week will be crazy busy for me but i will try my best to find some time to have that layout drawn out to figure out the approximate cost and so forth.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Was very nice finally putting faces to the voices! I found this meeting to be extremely productive and it would appear we are on our way of establishing a solid on road racing club in Phoenix!

We never really got around to everybody and their perceived functions so I would like to point out what I envision my role. Other than representing ROAR, which is obvious, I am very interested in performing any role that will increase the success of on road racing in the area and create more excitement for RC racing. In 10 years, I'm a race promoter, race director, announcer, fund raiser, salesperson and you can pretty much name towards RC racing... LOL Although, I've never raced on road vehicles, I'm sure I found something new to try... (first member of the novice class right here! LOL)

I think we are starting out right and I look forward to seeing Jo's layout and our preliminary cost analysis as well as Sam's suggestions for location. As soon as we establish a mission and club name, I will get ROAR involved and we will have the beginnings.

Stew... thank you for spear heading this project....

Dawn Sanchez
Old 01-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Dawn!

In track forum we have a thread called Arizona on road racers. Lets switch to that forum so we can be in front of more potential racers!

Thanks again to all that showed up. Like dawn I will do aything to help keep our vision of an on road racing club going. And if you guys were smooth, my wife ( who is not here!!! right now) is an account and would make an excellent first treaure to set up the books and accounting system for others to follow. Now however I will deny that I ever mentioned this!!!!
Old 01-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Hello,

Great meeting yesterday!!

BTW: Was wondering if we wanted a website? I can do that if that is something that we are interested in... May be a couple months yet, but I am working on a web page for our business and will probably have some extra space, for which I can add a page or 2 for the club if everyone would like? Also can have a link to a forum on it as well if needed (A free one)... I know we are a little way's off, but can start preparing it anyway. Let me know.

Sean
Old 01-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Cool ! Sounds great to me!
Old 01-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

sean,
that will be something very very useful! i like the idea