Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Dave . . . . . DUDE . . . . . You need a better picture for your page! But other than that, thats a cool idea - A website full of RC racers.

I always wanted something like that, but baseball card format. A picture of me with one of my cars on the front and on the back it could list all 'meaningfull' races I failed to win with it.

And of course, no baseball card would complete without a 500 year old piece of bubble gum made from papyrus that loses its flavor after the 2nd chew.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
Dave . . . . . DUDE . . . . . You need a better picture for your page! But other than that, thats a cool idea - A website full of RC racers.

I always wanted something like that, but baseball card format. A picture of me with one of my cars on the front and on the back it could list all 'meaningfull' races I failed to win with it.

And of course, no baseball card would complete without a 500 year old piece of bubble gum made from papyrus that loses its flavor after the 2nd chew.
lol
Old 01-18-2008, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ed, that's the "don't f*ck with me, and if you do, I will kill you look" and that the only picture I have. Thanks Ed, now it's gone. Way to go.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Just a suggestion; If you were going for the dont f---- with me look, consider using a pick of someone more intimidating like, oh I dunno, David Hasslehoff!

Nobody messes with the original true Knightrider. The Hoff!
Old 01-18-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d4man
Ed, that's the "don't f*ck with me, and if you do, I will kill you look" and that the only picture I have. Thanks Ed, now it's gone. Way to go.
could have fooled me !! just looks like a homo lookin for a date .

Ed ......... WTF man , do i have to get brad to knock some sence in to ya ?? or do we need to get you drunk again and give you more m80's .........The hoff ... WTF !!
Old 01-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

Michael Knight is my hero.

iCeNuTz
Old 01-19-2008, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Michael Knight is a true bada$$!

Another Friday, another Harding touring car victory. McGhee and Harding both had 9.1 second laps, it wont be long until someone breaks through into the 8's.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

LOL!! !! The new KITT will be a Ford Mustang

Here, this could be my new pic.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pipester
could have fooled me !! just looks like a homo lookin for a date .

Ed ......... WTF man , do i have to get brad to knock some sence in to ya ?? or do we need to get you drunk again and give you more m80's .........The hoff ... WTF !!
Jummy as I said before ........ Don't Hastle the Hoff!!!! I would have to knock some Vulkin sense into Ed if he said Spock from Star Trek...http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...r/1112508.html
Old 01-21-2008, 05:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm hearing you guys are racing offroad on Saturdays this year! You're breaking my heart!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

You are correct Chris. When the off-road season begins (around April) races will start at 3 pm Saturday. No matter time they choose, its going to be better for some and not for others.

I'm looking forward to an extra day of recovery and maybe spending a extra time for post race festivities at the Ceasar Batiste club (right next to the track for those who don't know)

The club has probably been one of the under-utilized aspects of the Altoona Raceway. They have good food and drink at a great price. Maybe now we'll have a few more guys stick around and hang out after the races.

C'mon Chris - A few Saturday afteroon/nights this summer at the Altoona raceway might do you some good!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ChrisWolfson
I'm hearing you guys are racing offroad on Saturdays this year! You're breaking my heart!
My hearts broke too. Sunday is open for me but Saturday I have the kiddies. I will be out to M%$^%&^ugh's alot this year since someone to watch the kids is nearby.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pipester
Na , i'm out . no body and too much other stuff going on this week . allie turns four this sunday and were having family over for a get together . let us all know how ya do though , good luck !

P.S. I don't have the right tires either and it wasn't going to stop me ! (M3's work fine!)
That place is really nice now that it's finished.
My car was really, really good there but had glitching issues every run. There were about 11 or 12 scales so the turnout was ok. I did get the fastest lap in qualifying though. I was having a glitching issue all day the weekend before at McCullough's too. It's ok if I don't drive the car hard but when I do drive it hard the throttle glitches like crazy. I got through one qualifier the last couple weekends just driving it easy at 1/2-3/4 throttle to get a decent qualifier. I think it's a bad connection on the servo board so I'm going to switch out the servo. It's an ACE digital and someone told me that there was a bad batch of those that would act just like mine. I've really narrowed it down to that the last couple weeks. It stinks not being able to use full throttle because I'm running a 2 HP OS-VG and everyone else is running a 3 or so HP crazy motor.
The racing was not nearly as clean as I'm used to in qualifying and the main. They still do a gate start with the nitro vehicles which was just a disaster! All 11-12 scales about 6-12" apart side by side and have to make a 90 degree turn when the gate drops...ummm, that's going to work out well. I was thinking about just waiting on the gate until everyone else got out.
The start is pretty rough but it makes things interesting!

Last edited by KARO; 01-21-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by d4man
LOL!! !! The new KITT will be a Ford Mustang
Wasn't the original KITT a Pontiac Firebird or Trans Am?
Old 01-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

It was, but they don't make Firebirds or Trans Ams any more. The new KIT is a sweet looking black Mustang GT.

Sam, Does Bumps have one of those 'walls' you drive up and down? I've always wanted to drive on a track like that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.