ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d4man
FYI: I love ALL you guys!!!!
XOXO !!

Wow we finally got past that damn christmas page ! WOHOO .
Old 12-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Brad does a great job of moving outta the way during qualifying!!!!
Old 12-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

hey guys i just got home and wanted to say thx for the great racing...although i was struggling with horsepower..well i wont be next week.im going brushless finally....
Old 12-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am soooooo dead.

I feel like the victim awaiting the bully to dish out his punishment on teh school bus.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Matt, Congrats on the points series championship. You definately earned it. And also Jeff who helped you solidify Team Northeast's overall victory.

If you were down on motor, the rest of us won't have a prayer for the next points series! Except maybe Harding who has definately separated himself from the rest of us with some outright speed.

It's definately worth noting that the top 7 cars qualified within 11 seconds of eachother!

Cant wait to do it all again next Friday.

Steve MAC - PM!

Last edited by Ed237; 12-29-2007 at 07:26 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

D4Man - If you see a guy driving a green truck with flames on it towards you wearing a yellow 'Sewer Rat' t-shirt and a Boston Red Socks ball cap -

Run as fast as you can!
Old 12-29-2007, 06:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Ed237
D4Man - If you see a guy driving a green truck with flames on it towards you wearing a yellow 'Sewer Rat' t-shirt and a Boston Red Socks ball cap -

Run as fast as you can!
thats funny as hell..................
Old 12-29-2007, 06:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ed your Christmas list is hilarious. Thanks for including me! Lux is still busy as ever & I still read the forums even though I haven't touched a radio in a year now. I got a "straight job", so starting in January I'll only paint part time. But It likely means more $$ for getting my old hobby back too. 2007 was a rough year, but 2008 is already shaping up to be much better. I hope that having time/$$ for racing is part of our New Year!

I hope that Santa was good to all of you and yours!

Happy Happy New Year to all from Chris, Max, Alaska, Ben, Milo, Emily and of course Little Dude!

-Chris
www.luxgraphics.com
Old 12-29-2007, 06:35 AM
Tech Champion

Matt, Congrats on the points series championship. You definately earned it. And also Jeff who helped you solidify Team Northeast's overall victory.

If you were down on motor, the rest of us won't have a prayer for the next points series! Except maybe Harding who has definately separated himself from the rest of us with some outright speed.

It's definately worth noting that the top 7 cars qualified within 11 seconds of eachother!

Cant wait to do it all again next Friday.
thx ed....i /we had fun being there racing with all of you....
Old 12-29-2007, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Lux Graphics
Ed your Christmas list is hilarious. Thanks for including me! Lux is still busy as ever & I still read the forums even though I haven't touched a radio in a year now. I got a "straight job", so starting in January I'll only paint part time. But It likely means more $$ for getting my old hobby back too. 2007 was a rough year, but 2008 is already shaping up to be much better. I hope that having time/$$ for racing is part of our New Year!

Happy Happy New Year to all from Chris, Max, Alaska, Ben, Milo, Emily and of course Little Dude!

-Chris
www.luxgraphics.com
chris,
hope you had a good x-mas and i very much hope for you to have made in 08.
you deserve it bro....
Old 12-29-2007, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Great Chris! Good luck with the new job. Maybe we'll see you trackside again someday in 2008.

The brushless era has officially begun in NASCAR. I ran a 13.5 in my car last night. The fastest laps were not signficantly different, but, the brushless car could still run strong 4.9 laps even at the end of the race, which admitedly, is a tremendous advantage.

Testing has shown that guys who run brushless will need to gear up. My rollout was a 64.31 with a 98t spur 34t pinion (64p) and 59mm tires. Thats a good starting point, but we'll probably find more speed the more we run it.

So far, the only cars I know for sure that will be ready this Friday are Gixxer and myself. Dan and Gerald are definate maybe's and I remember Brent said he was ready to switch anytime.

After driving mine, all I can say is that I hope we have enough to run a brushless class because the 13.5 is too fast to run with the old stockers and there's no way I'm ever going to put a brushed motor back in.

Last edited by Ed237; 12-29-2007 at 07:28 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Great Chris! Good luck with the new job. Maybe we'll see you trackside again someday in 2008.

The brushless era has officially begun in NASCAR. I ran a 13.5 in my car last night. The fastest laps were not signficantly different, but, the brushless car could still run strong 4.9 laps even at the end of the race, which admitedly, is a tremendous advantage.

Testing has shown that guys who run brushless will need to gear up. My rollout was a 64.31 with a 98t spur 34t pinion (64p) and 59mm tires. Thats a good starting point, but we'll probably find more speed the more we run it.

So far, the only cars I know for sure that will be ready this Friday are Gixxer and myself. Dan and Gerald are definate maybe's and I remember Brent said he was ready to switch anytime.

After driving mine, all I can say is that I hope we have enough to run a class because the 13.5 is too fast to run with the old stockers and there's no way I'm ever going to put a brushed motor back in.

that what everyone says....the 13.5 brushless are faster than a regular stock motor...
Old 12-29-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Definately in 2wd pan cars. But their advantages are less significant in touring cars as evidenced by your fastest lap ever until Dan laid down that 10.4.

But, probably the biggest advantage one can have in touring car is running NiMh cells. They just have more punch. Out of 13 entires over the last 2 weeks, the fastest 2 cars ran NiMh not Lipos.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Definately in 2wd pan cars. But their advantages are less significant in touring cars as evidenced by your fastest lap ever until Dan laid down that 10.4.

But, probably the biggest advantage one can have in touring car is running NiMh cells. They just have more punch. Out of 13 entires over the last 2 weeks, the fastest 2 cars ran NiMh not Lipos.
i could agree with you the nimh cells...they seem to be working fine for me.
its the motors i have that loose there grunt about 3 minutes.
im hoping that running an lrp sphere tc and a 13.5 motor with nimh cells that my horsepower wont drop off to terribly bad...
Old 12-29-2007, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lux Graphics

-Chris
www.luxgraphics.com
Chris , good to hear from ya !! it's been too long ! good luck makin doe at your new job ! hopefully it will allow ya to make a come back in a big way . hope to see ya @ the track soon . happy new year from our fam to yours !!!

P.S. I'm glad to hear that your not setting down the air brush as i will be looking to get some new lids from ya soon for the off road season ! GT2 and T-4 again . We'll talk soon !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.