iCeNuTz

Who in the the bloddy hell is Jum?

Check the PM from JIm
Old 08-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Who in the the bloddy hell is Jum?

Check the PM from JIm
Your PM said Jum and don't get smart with me or I will introduce you to my friend.....
Attached Thumbnails ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-2-brazilian_free-tailed_bat.jpg  
Old 08-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Has anyone else had an encounter with a in their house? I was down in basement wrenching a month ago and all of a sudden something was flying around down there.... It must have crawled down my chimney to get down there. I ran up the stairs and she asked me what was going on...I said you don't want to know. She kept bugging me so I told her...she took the kids and ran out the door.... I opened the storm door so it could find it's way out and continued wrenching. She came back with the kids later on but made me duct tape around the basement door. It must have found it's way out, haven't seen it again.

I should be able to come race this Sunday...finally.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Bats are creepy. One flew into the appartment we were living in 10+ years ago. I hit with a broom when it flew buy, but it didnt die. Yeeeish - it was shaking and all and trying to hop away because its wing was broke. Ultimately, I cornered it behind the fridge. The scary thing was when I went to move the fridge; I was in an awkward position and just as I made enough room to get back there, I swear that bat tried to get me somehow. It lept up at my face like it was going to bite me or something. If its wings still worked, it might have succeeding in inflicting a nasty wound to my face because there was no way I could protect myself. I could see its little yellow teeth nashing at me because it was literally inches away. Luckily, it kind of plopped back onto the ground 'cause, like I said, its wing was broke.

So I killed it.

There is almost nothing to those things. I'm glad I dont have an unnatural fear of them like some people. (Brad) That story was mostly true and directed at you!

See you Sunday Sam!

Last edited by Ed237; 08-28-2007 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Ed - Are we using the black can motors again? I liked running them last year...the silver can motors are way too slow but good for the enduro. Are we going to have another "punt the poodle" TT01 main this winter?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Sam, I might have to give up 'The Godfather of TT01 racing' title because I'm going to be focusing on 1/10 oval pan car (RC10L4) and touring car (TA05) this winter. Travis and a lot of the other TT01 guys from last year appear to be ready to switch from the road course to oval:

after talking to Chuck looks like we are gonna have TT01 Latemodel oval racing on the carpet this winter....

I still have a TT01 and I'm down for a few oval races, but I think it would be great if we could run them on the road course every once in a while. I liked the silver can racing better. The motors were more consistant and there were less broken parts.

Maybe we can get a TT01 Roll Call this winter to guage interest. For those who dont know TT01 racing is Tamiya TT01 kits as they are sold out of the box + ballbearings. Most of the kits sell for less than $100 and have an ESC.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...12872544&hl=en

Last edited by Ed237; 08-28-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Tech Adept

Ed, Joel is in for something TT-01, I am sure he would do oval if need be. Hopefully we can keep it stock.

Brad, check out this thread I started about the COT wing:

FYI, final designs for Project Special Ed have been approved by the design team and it is going into production.

iCeNuTz
Old 08-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

-double post-
Old 08-28-2007, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
Bats are creepy. One flew into the appartment we were living in 10+ years ago. I hit with a broom when it flew buy, but it didnt die. Yeeeish - it was shaking and all and trying to hop away because its wing was broke. Ultimately, I cornered it behind the fridge. The scary thing was when I went to move the fridge; I was in an awkward position and just as I made enough room to get back there, I swear that bat tried to get me somehow. It lept up at my face like it was going to bite me or something. If its wings still worked, it might have succeeding in inflicting a nasty wound to my face because there was no way I could protect myself. I could see its little yellow teeth nashing at me because it was literally inches away. Luckily, it kind of plopped back onto the ground 'cause, like I said, its wing was broke.

So I killed it.

There is almost nothing to those things. I'm glad I dont have an unnatural fear of them like some people. (Brad) That story was mostly true and directed at you!

See you Sunday Sam!
Ozzy Toth ????....... Bat killer !
Old 08-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Gas truck

Hi guys, This is Brian Daugherty. The slow crash test dummy! I have had a blast the few times I have been racing off road with you all. I was wondering if there will be a few gas trucks running on Sunday? I will be in West Virginia this weekend at the Hillbilly 100 dirt lm race and want to know if its worth my time to leave after the race to get home at 6am so I can race on Sunday. Looks like gas truck is on the outs again and dont wont to rush home to race if no one is running gas truck. I know Im in your way but I need all the track time I can get to be better. I think I have gotten a little better in the few times I have raced at least I can make the jumps 80 percent of the time know. I need to dial my truck in better as my driving improves. I cant make the next week as my wife and I will be at the world 100, The most prestigous dirt lm race of the year. We follow dirt lm races religiosly. Thats the reason I dont race every weekend.Thanks for the advise on set ups some of you gave me Sunday. I need all the help I can get! Also can some one tell me what the approxamate price TT101 dirt lm oval would cost me. Im thinking of getting the losi slider and would like to compare price as I love drtlm's. Thanks!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Brian, You're definately not in our way. I will be back in Gas Truck this weekend and probably Jim too so that will make 3 which is enough to race if you want. The weather is looking good for Sunday so why not!

The most cost effective TT01 is the Subaru. The price includes the spec silver can motor and esc.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHWN0&P=7

+ Bearings
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBUA9&P=Z

And almost any $20 sevo + your radio and receiver and 2 - 6 cell battery packs and you are ready to race!

Right now, the guys in Saxton PA are running on the dirt but they will be moving to the carpet oval this winter.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Maybe I'll come out a couple times this Winter when running road course. Oval racing just doesn't excite me at all...sorry. Actually, I couldn't get into carpet racing much the last couple years either. Need to have dirt & jumps
Old 08-28-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

agree with Ed... Suby is best deal.. aviod buying the focus .. it comes with a mech ESC.. found out the hard way... but for lil under 150-200 you can be racing...

Anyone that plans on coming to Harding Raceway on Sunday night can practice anytime this week... just let us know... Thurs will be the best but can come basicly any day anytime... Someone has to dethrone Dan this week... last 150 he put down 150 laps in 14m 2s... racing was very very close... top 4 where all over each other for entire race...

PM for more details...
Old 08-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

brian , nice to see ya joined the forum ! any time you think about racing GT just let us know !!! we need more guys to join us to keep it going ! I will be there to run gt this week for sure ! If you ever need any help , just ask !! I agree with Ed on the in the way thing , you are one of the guys who gets it (racing / qualifying) you allways gave me plenty of room when i came near !!

P.S. What was wrong with your steering this week ??

Jim
Old 08-28-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pipester
brian , nice to see ya joined the forum ! any time you think about racing GT just let us know !!! we need more guys to join us to keep it going ! I will be there to run gt this week for sure ! If you ever need any help , just ask !! I agree with Ed on the in the way thing , you are one of the guys who gets it (racing / qualifying) you allways gave me plenty of room when i came near !!

P.S. What was wrong with your steering this week ??

Jim
Thanks Jim. I have followed dirt racing for 30 years and have learned respect for other racers and there equipment is a golden rule! Lead ,follow or get the hell out of the way!LOL!Im the latter! Hope by mid next year to be more competitive. Thanks for the offer of help,Im sure to hit ya up on that. On the steering thing I broke a servo horn in half. .... P.S. You all will see my puter skills and spelling suck!!!!!!!! Later and Thanks again.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.