Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

bob , info on winter racing can all be found here ...http://www.altoonaraceway.com. So far for the oval i think its going to mainly be stock brushed motors with four cells (but there has been talk of going brushless). the winter racing i think begins at the beginning of october but check the link to be sure . all the said classes and what not can be found there too .

Jim

IceNuTz , Gixxerman , ..... Check yo box . ya bin Pm'd
Old 08-27-2007, 04:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Matt, As of right now, I'm sticking with the TA05. I'll be running brushed/stock oval and brushled/brushless stock touring car, so I wont have time to figure out something new.

Last edited by Ed237; 08-27-2007 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pipester
bob , info on winter racing can all be found here ...http://www.altoonaraceway.com. So far for the oval i think its going to mainly be stock brushed motors with four cells (but there has been talk of going brushless). the winter racing i think begins at the beginning of october but check the link to be sure . all the said classes and what not can be found there too .

Jim

IceNuTz , Gixxerman , ..... Check yo box . ya bin Pm'd
Thanks for the info. I will keep a watch out on the site for more details.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default BRUSHLESS

Originally Posted by goinbrokeracin
When does your carpet oval season begin? What classes do you plan to run for oval pan cars? Stock? Any brushless classes? Thanks. Bob Rhodes
I am going to buy a new speeder for my pan car, I am buying the brush less/brush type, simply because as of right now everyone seems to be leaning towards the brushed motors, but personally i would rather run a brush less class. Hopefully we will get enough cars and interest that we can run 2 separate classes. No one has really ran a brushed car against a brush less at our track, if they are relatively close in speed we will probably run the classes together if we don't get enough for 2 separate classes
Old 08-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Wierd, I just finally looked at the schedule. The dirt track is over after september? Didn't it go till halloween last year? The weather is still nice in Oct.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default HARDING RACEWAY INC

SUNDAY NIGHT TT01 LABOR DAY 300... twin 150 lap mains... starts at 7:30practice then time trials,heats,b MAins, then 150 lap main.. then invert heats and do it all over again.. another 150 lap main $75 to win each main $50 bonus if you can win both so you could go home with $200 in your pocket... entry is $15... wem now have timing system and drivers stand... anyone interested.. PM me and let me know... if altoona runs late that sunday we will push back start time for anyone wishing to come... also anyone needing a latemodel body i have a few left ... after talking to Chuck looks like we are gonna have TT01 Latemodel oval racing on the carpet this winter....
Old 08-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Your absolutely correct Tom, but a couple issues are causing the outdoor season to end a few weeks early:

1 Despite cooler temperators and better track conditions, October turnout for the outdoor track has been down for the last couple of years.

2 And since they are expanding the indoor season to 6 months, they have to start 1 month earlier so they will be ready for outdoor season again in April 08.

Its all good!

Travis - PM
Old 08-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TT01 LATE MODEL

you can run any body on your TT01 you want.... but you will find when you get to rubbin the dirt body is more forgiving.. also forgot to add.. SILVER CAN and TT01 treaded tires....
Old 08-27-2007, 05:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
I am going to buy a new speeder for my pan car, I am buying the brush less/brush type, simply because as of right now everyone seems to be leaning towards the brushed motors, but personally i would rather run a brush less class. Hopefully we will get enough cars and interest that we can run 2 separate classes. No one has really ran a brushed car against a brush less at our track, if they are relatively close in speed we will probably run the classes together if we don't get enough for 2 separate classes
I am not sure about the new releases of brushless motors (17.5 & 21.5) but the 13.5 is considerably faster than a brushed stock motor. A 13.5 would probably be 3-4 laps faster on a medium size carpet oval. 13.5 is a fun class and imo the perfect speed. A little afster than stock but a speed that you can still race close without being out of control. I think 13.5 will be the largest class at most of the big races across the country. Just some thoughts. I have the stuff to run either but after running some brushless this summer I am hooked. I would like to make it up as much as possible this winter.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by goinbrokeracin
When does your carpet oval season begin? What classes do you plan to run for oval pan cars? Stock? Any brushless classes? Thanks. Bob Rhodes

We will run a stock 27 turn motor 4 cell class, no brushless for now, maybe 19 turn 4-cell after the new track gets hooked up!!!!

Last edited by gixxerman; 08-27-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine

You can't run brushed vs. brushless, brushless motors use less battery and will not fall off like the brushed motors would toward the end of a run. Big ADVANTAGE, plus the stock equivellant for brushless is a 17.5, which is not really available yet!!! Right now I could go either way but I'm not going to blow money on something that has the potential of being "TOO MUCH" or "USELESS" until we see exactly what the track will hold. Remember the out of control 19 turns the first part of last year? We switched back to stock and ran within 2 tenths of the fastest 19 turn laps, the racing became more tight and more interesting for that matter and the cars were alot easier to control! I started a thread on here titled "NASCAR BRUSHLESS" check it out, verrrrry informative and even got a response from a NOVAK Rep!!!! One other thing I have read that a 13.5 is equivellant or faster than a 19 turn!
Old 08-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gixxerman
You can't run brushed vs. brushless, brushless motors use less battery and will not fall off like the brushed motors would toward the end of a run. Big ADVANTAGE, plus the stock equivellant for brushless is a 17.5, which is not really available yet!!! Right now I could go either way but I'm not going to blow money on something that has the potential of being "TOO MUCH" or "USELESS" until we see exactly what the track will hold. Remember the out of control 19 turns the first part of last year? We switched back to stock and ran within 2 tenths of the fastest 19 turn laps, the racing became more tight and more interesting for that matter and the cars were alot easier to control! I started a thread on here titled "NASCAR BRUSHLESS" check it out, verrrrry informative and even got a response from a NOVAK Rep!!!! One other thing I have read that a 13.5 is equivellant or faster than a 19 turn!
What kind of carpet does the track have? Ozite? Is there a lack of traction typically? I will run whatever is the popular class. I cant wait to get back to racing.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

ed,
jeff boyles just got his new tc5 and i tell ya what its really nice..if i had the xtra lute i would get one for myself....will have to wait and see what happens.....for now i will stick with the jrxs.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Who typed this for you? Entire sentences, the use of comma's, VERY IMPRESSIVE BRAD! You have a PM!

The questions that come to my mind when speaking of brushed or brushless is batteries. Do I buy some new 4 cell packs? Do I wait to see what happens? Are my old 4 cells worth a shat? Are these brushless classes 4 cell? What is that rash on my..?

iCeNuTz
Old 08-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Adept

All brushless classes are still 4 cell from what I have seen. There are some talks of brushless classes running lipos this winter but imo that is a year away or so. Seems they are still working out the details on lipos. Lipos sound good but i am not completely sold on them yet. I am up for some stock if that is the decision on class. Just when I thought I could retire the comm lathe. Will the oval track be open for practice at all during the week once it is ready?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.