Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Great racing on the carpet tonight. Brian Regal keeps setting the bar higher for the rest of us in Touring Car, and Gerald got back to the winners circle this weekend in Oval.

McGhee and I qualified within a second of eachother touring car and McGhee finnished .015 in front of me for 2nd place. We were practically side by side for almost the entire last lap.

Its racing like that which reminds me why this is so much fun.

And on Saturday I AM going to Candy Mountain! Yeeeaaaahhhh Chaaaarrrrlie!
Old 11-02-2007, 11:17 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
Great racing on the carpet tonight. Brian Regal keeps setting the bar higher for the rest of us in Touring Car, and Gerald got back to the winners circle this weekend in Oval.

McGhee and I qualified within a second of eachother touring car and McGhee finnished .015 in front of me for 2nd place. We were practically side by side for almost the entire last lap.

Its racing like that which reminds me why this is so much fun.

And on Saturday I AM going to Candy Mountain! Yeeeaaaahhhh Chaaaarrrrlie!
Thanks Ed. Would like to thank everyone for another great Friday night of racing. Had a great time once again and even better since my new brushless motor worked with my Mamba speedo.

Racing was clean all night. I ran my best times to date and would like to thank the guys in my races as they make it possible to run like that by giving me a little room to get by. Without that it is almost impossible to set fast times.

Nice to see everyone working hard to get faster. Eds Tamiya TA05 looked really good tonight.

Hope to be back in a week or two. At least this time my table and chair are at the track so I will have less stuff to bring.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Great racin all around last night. I was to thank dan the man harding on a smokin deal on the L4 it felt good out there in the main, even with the wrong tires and wrong gearing. Maybe now I can make it to the A. Congrats to Brad on the b-main win.....although he was really the only car that raced, seeing that Ed had a slight gear mesh problem and I had my car on the track for the very first time.....but I guess a win is a win!!!
Old 11-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

yea i had a blast myself..man was my car feeling good to me in the main....but i totally was driving it all wrong.....i kinda get mad at myself for a shitty driving job......congrats to reigle for being his fast self.and to ed and mchgee for putting on a good show in the main....

and congrats to me for driving my car like crap when it was working good...
Old 11-03-2007, 04:45 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by morris
yea i had a blast myself..man was my car feeling good to me in the main....but i totally was driving it all wrong.....i kinda get mad at myself for a shitty driving job......congrats to reigle for being his fast self.and to ed and mchgee for putting on a good show in the main....

and congrats to me for driving my car like crap when it was working good...
Hey everyone has driven bad with a car that works well as I know I have many of times. I look at it as next time I will just try to improve and do better.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:45 PM

Default Website

Everything is up....

http://www.altoonaraceway.com/TRACK.html

I'll have some DVD's available this week.

Thanks for racing everyone, without you we couldn't keep this thing going here in Altoona!

Big Thanks to Travis Chamberlain and Blizzard Graphics for all his help in making the track first rate!

Great Racing!
Old 11-03-2007, 04:53 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Nice job on the videos once again this week. Its cool to see your car from the cameras perspective as I can see what it is looks like on the track other than when I drive it.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

"the altoona crew" goes two three and four at mccullough's today . Cr lovell had TQ raped up till the third qualifire when Braydon O took it from him by a full second . Ed and i chased the set up on our trucks during the qualifires but got them figured out by the main with a three , four finish . As usual we had a blast racing with the mccullough's gang !
Old 11-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

4Man , I hope your GT main was better for ya . I hope to be back soon to do battle with ya !!

Mac
........................ Dirt ! .
Old 11-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

ya know everytime i watch those videos and i tell myself...like wow...

no offense to the b-main drivers.....but i watch the b and be like these guys look pretty decent out there for the most of it.then i watch the a-main drivers and they look like alot better.....like fast eddie said at any given time of the race day...you will fight to make it to the A.....

i will be looking forward to the next time i can get there to do some racing with you all....

and hopefully the new set-up i put on the car will work good as well.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pipester
4Man , I hope your GT main was better for ya . I hope to be back soon to do battle with ya !!

Mac
........................ Dirt ! .
It was, I won!! Finally, I win something other than Stock Truck
Old 11-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

D4Man - That mod truck main was little bit rough and involved some fortuitous accident avoidence manuevers on my part, but . . . . I got my lap back. Tag your it 'Non-beliiieeeever'!

Congrads on the gas truck win though.

CR - What a difference a week makes - Your lipo/brushless T4 is dialed!

Jim - Your turnaround from Q1 to the main was remarkable. 'You can do it!'

Matt, I watched the Touring Car video too and thought all the cars looked really fast/good. I still don't understand how McGhee made that pass on me in the last 30 seconds. I tried every trick I knew to get him back (to no avail) and I still dont know how we didnt touch eachother in those last couple corners.

There are 8 out of 11 Touring Cars capable of throwing down low 12 second laps which makes the racing even more intense. There really isnt that much difference between qualifying 2nd or 7th!

These are good times.

Last edited by Ed237; 11-03-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah CR's T4 was FLYIN'!!!!!!!!!!

It's always fun runnin with you guys!!!!!!

Thanks! I was running 2nd and the leader fell apart. Thankfully, it was a Losi

Last edited by d4man; 11-03-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:17 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Ed since I was racing with you I didn't get to see the race you and Mike had but with the video I had a chance to see what happened at the end. It was a wild last lap thats for sure. Another reason I like to watch the video to see things I missed during the race while I was watching my car.

The B main was fun to watch to. Your right the difference is not a huge amount between most of the guys. If you ran one really fast lap just remember if you can run one fast lap you can also do it again and then you do two or three in a row and progress from their.

I normally tell newer guys that only go as fast as you can drive without hitting too many things. When you can go 6 minutes without hitting alot of stuff then gear to go a little faster and just progress that way. Even to this day I only ever drive as fast as I can go without hitting too many things. If someone can run faster than me without wrecking so be it. I just figure you can't ever goo real fast if your wrecking.

One last little saying that I hear alot of racers say is "Straightaways are for show but corning is for the dough" You never see guys win any type of racing just because they could go fast in a straight line except for drag racing.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Brian, Those are some excellent guidelines to follow.

I've found the videos Chuck takes the time to post on the TRS website can be an invaluable tool. Sometimes I thought my car was good at a certain section at the time I was driving it, only to find out it wasnt very good at all on the video.

I also use the videos to scout out the competition and contemplate what its going to take the next week. I've concluded after watching your car that I need another lap or two. I'm just not sure how to get there!

One thing for sure, speed is contagious. The more fast guys we can compete with, the faster we will all go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.