Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Texas Racing
Gulf Coast RC Track Racers, Porter Texas (Houston) >

Gulf Coast RC Track Racers, Porter Texas (Houston)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gulf Coast RC Track Racers, Porter Texas (Houston)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

We had our first Club race of the Season today. There were 18 cars. 2 1/8 scale. 15 or so Nitro Touring cars (200 mm) and my electric. The race was very well run.

The plans that were discussed were at the club meeting were:

Club Racing On-Road every first and third weekend on Sunday. Off-road will probably be during the day Saturday (not too long away now). Big races have the Priority.

Sunday Sign up by 10:30 , race starts at 11:30.

The dominant class will be 200 mm Nitro Touring car, but other classes will be added as interest grow.

I suggested two clases of electric (run what you brung) Pro class and Intermediate class. I suggest 19 turns for the intermediate class. Feel free to run any electric that you own. Qualifiers will be run together until a change is desired.

My brushless electric pan car fared pretty well. There was some talk of ganging up on me and taking me out (just a joke). This is the car I would suggest for someone without an electric that wants to run the long track. Run time is good. It is easy on motors and batterries and it is very competitive with the Nitro Touring car, so it can be run at the same time. I'm woking on a 20 minute main setup. Feel free to run any electric that you own however. Jeff promised us sugar water treatment at the club races. No reason then not to run 2 wheel drive. I had great traction.

Last edited by John Stranahan; 11-04-2006 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the great turn out today. Jeff was so excited, he asked me to get the race days started ASAP. Since the 3rd Sunday of this month is when the RC Pro Series On-Road National Championship is scheduled, we will resume on DEC 3rd. Mark your calendars.

Speaking of the RC Pro Series, I am attaching a PDF of the entry form in hopes that you might sign up. They are running three classes, 1/8th Open, 1/10th Open, and 1/10th Intermediate. There are a number of us already entered and more are welcomed. Simply complete the form and get it turn in to Jeff Parker. If you do not feel like entering, please call Jeff and ask where he needs volunteers.

Additionally, I have posted the items decided on in our meeting today on RC Files. Here is a link that will take you there;

http://www.rcfiles.com/forums/showth...545#post169545

Let me know if you have any ideas that you would like discussed.

A special THANK YOU to Jeff Parker for running the race day for us.

Roger D. Bourland

67 N. Overlyn PL

The Woodlands, TX 77381

This is an additional note from John. Send Roger your e-mail address to be on the club race e-mail list.
[email protected]

Last edited by John Stranahan; 12-01-2006 at 06:35 AM.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Nitro touring car question....
Whats a decent car to run out there?
I am assuming HPI rs4 and r40 are not worth the money
What about the NTC3, onfa ld3, or the team magic G4 cars
Obviously a Serpent, Kyosho RRR or a Mugen MTX4 probably would be the best bet but also the most pricey.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello all, took my son to the track yesterday and had a blast. Thanks for letting him drive his RC10T on the track. He had a good time. Now if I can only improve my run time a little we'd be in business.

John, I was wondering if you ever got to run your 20 min. Endurance before the rain came. How'd it do??

Just curious.

Texagi95
Old 11-06-2006, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Staltus-might be better to ask your Nitro question on RCfiles.com. That's where some Nitro guys hang out. Link is up just above in Rogers posts.

I got rained out. I did get to run the pan car with two Lipo batteries on board but powered by only one for 5 - 6 laps. It seemed just as fast or maybe a little quicker from the extra forward traction.

Note that electric races and mains will only be 5 minutes (not 10 minutes) if some guys will show on December 3rd. Touring cars are welcome. If you show a class will form. I will not compete for the race bucks against them. My car is experimental at this point. If some guys show up with pan cars we can form a pan car class. My car does meet the Pan Car GT class Rules posted below. There is a thread that follows my experience with a pan car at Mikes on the Electric On-Road Forum titled Pantoura, 1/10 pan, 2S Lipo, Brushless
John
Attached Thumbnails Gulf Coast RC Track Racers, Porter Texas (Houston)-1-10-pan-regs002.jpg  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 11-06-2006 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Well, read the clay was goin down on the 1st, is there any kind of layout started?

Now I kind of wish I had an onroad car to run while waiting !
Old 11-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

2007 ROAR Nitro Onroad Nationals

Congratulations to Mike and Jeff for landing the 2007 ROAR Nitro Onroad Nationals. All the top guns should be attending. This will be in about November of 2007 on the big outdoor track.

This is a different race that the RC Pro Series Nationals that we will host on the 17th of this month. There should be plenty of top guns here then as well.
John

They worked and watered the clay pretty good. I'll take a look on Friday and see if there was a layout. I did not see the boards in place on Sunday, but there were about 4 off-road guys setting up their buggies and truggies.

Last edited by John Stranahan; 11-09-2006 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default Which Nitro car?

staltus, I would go with a car that has a belt drive. I am new to this section of the hobby, so my advise may not be too good! I have seen a shaft drive at the track, when it changed gear it almost did a barrel roll. I think the problem is the tork reaction when it changes. It must make steering a nightmare. I started off with a Yokomo GT4 pro, and have now moved onto an MTX3. All my cars are second hand off of eBay. Both the Yok and MTX have been excellent.
Good luck,
Nick Marson
Old 11-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Off Road Track News

I took a look at the offroad track. There is a layout complete with pipes today. It looks like it might need to be watered a little and rolled out. Should be ready very soon. Call the shop to know when. 281 354-7240

on Road Track News
They painted the entire green area of the track today. Looks nice. Should be ready for practice tomorrow. We cleaned the track well today. Should be an easy cleanup in the morning depending how much rain it gets tonight. Tomorrow is supposed to be good weather for Practice.

TexAgi95-The pan car went 23 minutes in practice without a stop.
John
Old 11-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Tech Rookie

YOU GO JOHN!!! I can't wait to see it beat those nitro cars !! But to tell you the truth, I'm seriously thinking about getting a nitro car instead of another electric . Just because it's more competitive at our track since so many people race with them. Don't worry, I'll always let you pass !! Just kidding, like I can even get close to you .
Old 11-11-2006, 07:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Does anyone have a nitro set-up for the track??
Old 11-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

I don't think anyone has actually posted a complete Nitro setup for me to link to. Just go to the track with what you have and get advice there.

Off-road track is up and running. 6-8 guys out for practice today.

On-Road track. What a beautiful day. We had a great practice.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I just found about this RC race this weekend, and just bought my nitro car... Have you hit the limit on entries? If not, is it to late? Just asking....
Old 11-13-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

I don't think they hyave reached the limit yet. Go by the shop and sign up and pay. Entry form can be found above in the thread.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
I don't think they hyave reached the limit yet. Go by the shop and sign up and pay. Entry form can be found above in the thread.
I don't think that he can just swing by the shop and sign up from where he is located. Jackson, MS is a long way from Porter, TX.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.