Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Texas Racing
Gulf Coast RC Track Racers, Porter Texas (Houston) >

Gulf Coast RC Track Racers, Porter Texas (Houston)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gulf Coast RC Track Racers, Porter Texas (Houston)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Gulf Coast RC Track Racers, Porter Texas (Houston)

I started this thread to have a place for general discussions by racers at Gulf Coast RC Race Track, Gulf Coast Raceway, in Porter Texas just North of the big airport in Houston. This is not a commercial space, so discussions of stock on hand or stock for sale is not allowed. The link above goes to the new Web page which has photos of the track.
Jeff Parker, shop manager
John Stranahan

Last edited by John Stranahan; 11-10-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Howdy John! Long time no talk. This is Biff from the old Performance Raceway and the Biff Racing Team days.

Ill be racing at Gulf Coast this upcoming weekend for my first time. We have that charity race going on and it should be a hoot. Fingers crosssed.

A few of the guys that run there post up on my little website. It aint much but its gaining in popularity in Houston. Your more than welcome to post up there, in fact, with your technical input, I would be thrilled to death to see some of your knowledge posted there. At least, give it a peak and see what you think.

You can follow my sig, or just google "2cool racing."

I havent ran TC since the outdoor track at Performance Raceway. LOL. Im prolly gonna get killed this weekend. Oh yea, I hear some of the old timers are racing up there. Binson, Ron Howard, Lynn Harris etc. Im looking forward to the weekend and hope to see you again.

Later dude.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Biff

Good to hear from you. I plan to race this weekend. We have had quite a few rainouts so its been a while. I'll talk to you then. Should be a decent turnout. I'll take a look at your web site.

John
Old 03-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
Biff

Good to hear from you. I plan to race this weekend. We have had quite a few rainouts so its been a while. I'll talk to you then. Should be a decent turnout. I'll take a look at your web site.

John
Weather looks good this weekend!

And like most sites, we sure could use some tech talk going. I really enjoy that. I need to pick up your book. Can you bring me a copy?

Last edited by ffiB; 03-01-2006 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:09 AM
Wap
Tech Adept

Default whats up

Whats up Biff, its wap from Performance Raceway. Moving back to Houston in 2 weeks how is the race scene. I want to race on road electric and gas and off road 1/8 & tmaxx
Old 03-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wap
Whats up Biff, its wap from Performance Raceway. Moving back to Houston in 2 weeks how is the race scene. I want to race on road electric and gas and off road 1/8 & tmaxx

Well Ill be darned! Whats up bro? Its been a long time. The racing scene is doing pretty good right now. K&M is kicking very well. The track is bigger than it used to be and they run nitro now. Then we have that new track, thats what this thread is about. I raced there this last weekend, and Im here to tell ya, I have never seen a facility like this. Its AWSOME!

We need to hook up. I dont check in on this site alot, but I can be found. I think its on my sig.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

BTW. I havent talked to you since before the bar exam. Didja get it?
Old 03-10-2006, 05:01 AM
Wap
Tech Adept

Default I'm Back

Yes, pass the bar Prosecutor in Arlington. Can't wait to be in Houston. I will be a regular at K&M & Mike's.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Who is Johnny CoolGuy?
Old 03-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wap
Yes, pass the bar Prosecutor in Arlington. Can't wait to be in Houston. I will be a regular at K&M & Mike's.
Congrats bro!
Old 03-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by easy e
Who is Johnny CoolGuy?
I recognize the handle, but I dont know.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

We should have a good electric and Nitro club race this Saturday Morning (tomorrow) at GulfCoast RC Race Track. Gates open early. The link has some photos of the track. Wap-Welcome to the thread. ffiB - will do.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:35 PM
PD2
Tech Master

Originally Posted by easy e
Who is Johnny CoolGuy?
Johnny Cool Guy R/C is or was a track in the Dallas area that every one used to race off-road at. In fact, it used to be part of the Texas Invite race series.

PD2
Old 03-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

It was a great day to race at Gulf Coast RC Race Track. Sunny. Track temps reached 110F. Cooled to about 103 F for the Main. Very nice having a shaded pit space and drivers stand.

Top three finishers
Lin Harris 17 5:10
Robert Rocha 17 5:16
Jason Hains 16:5:11

We worked on Lins car and it kept improving. He ran Take Off RP 30s dry for the last two heats and the main.

We had some traction problems from pine tree pollen. This should go away in a few weeks. After we got a couple of heats on to make a new groove, the traction improved.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:26 PM
PD2
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
We worked on Lins car and it kept improving. He ran Take Off RP 30s dry for the last two heats and the main.

We had some traction problems from pine tree pollen. This should go away in a few weeks. After we got a couple of heats on to make a new groove, the traction improved.
Hhhhmmmmm......if I ever got another 415 I guess I'll have to get hooked up with Lin to get some setup's from him.

Glad you guys had a great weekend of racing!

PD2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.