Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Texas Racing
Gulf Coast RC Track Racers, Porter Texas (Houston) >

Gulf Coast RC Track Racers, Porter Texas (Houston)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gulf Coast RC Track Racers, Porter Texas (Houston)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info. Yes the threat of ran kept me from going today. I live down in Pearland so it is not a quick trip for me to show up and have nothing going on. What I may do in the future is try and give a call to the shop and see if people are up there or not.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Well the rain stopped quickly. We vacuumed the water up and had a good afternoon turnout. About 8 guys. A little damp at first but the traction picked up later in the day. Sunday afternoon is a good time for a first practice visit as there is a light turnout. There is not really any weekend racing at this time. Next big race is a National RC Pro Series Final on November 17. Entry form above in the thread. Sorry that some guys went home.

John
Old 10-23-2006, 07:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Sunday we had 6 cars and I had my bike out there. Weather was perfect, nice and cool, but not cold enough to need a coat. I spun yet another rear tire off. I have never had this kind of problem gluing any tires to plastic rims.

Tony and Ryan had some good side by side practice, looked to be alot of fun. Looked like Tony had the torque for the infield twisty sections and Ryan had the ponies for the back straight.

I switched back to the brushless on my bike, gave me alot more speed on the straights, but unfortunatly the Hacker is too much like a light switch. Hopefully the sphere will be here soon, so I can run the Novak and have a bit better control.

I have had lots of fun out there, the bikes are a totally different animal within the constraints of a track.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:24 AM
Tech Rookie

WOW!!! Came out there yesterday, had a blast, thanks ROBERT for fixing my battery delimma!! Now if I can only drive like you we'd be in business!! It was very nice to have met everyone at the track. Can't wait until next time.

Texagi95
Old 10-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Not to get off subject here guys, but any word on the progress of the Off-Road track ?
Old 10-25-2006, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Off-road track has had a weather delay. The Pit where the clay for the track surface is being excavated is under water. Work is progressing on the pit space electricity etc. Bathrooms are operational. Roof work is complete. Really just needs some clay to get started with Nitro racing.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
Off-road track has had a weather delay. The Pit where the clay for the track surface is being excavated is under water. Work is progressing on the pit space electricity etc. Bathrooms are operational. Roof work is complete. Really just needs some clay to get started with Nitro racing.
Sounds great! Please keep us (or me if Im the only one interested) up to date when it gets closer to open practice! Looks like it will be a top-notch facility!
Old 10-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

There are quite a few guys who pass through the shop that have expressed interest in the off-road, so you are not alone. I'll keep reporting significant progress.

We had a good crew out for practice. About 6 Nitro touring,1 1/8 scale 2-w-d, 2 electric touring, and one very fast pan car.

Nick & Roger had treated the track with sugar water for us in the morning. Traction was excellent. Thanks.

I had the pleasure of meeting Nick who was the owner of Nosram speedcontrols which is now LRP electronics.

I met Roger who is collecting e-mail addresses for possible club racing in the near future. Maybe he will make a post here.

Texas aggie 95-good to see you again, but where is that touring car!!

Last edited by John Stranahan; 10-28-2006 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

Default John, you changed the names to protect the innocent

Nick blew the track off, and then Roger and Nick sprayed the sugar water.
Nick was the owner of Nosram speed controls, last century! Nosram is now owned by LRP.
And, last but not least, Roger is collecting email addresses!
Nick Marson
Old 10-28-2006, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

OK I wasn't even close on the names. Thanks Nick. Good to meet you out there. I corrected my post.

John
Old 10-28-2006, 10:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Is the club racing mailing list for on-road cars ?
Old 10-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Yes-I believe so. On-road electric and Nitro. Roger talked of a meeting next week. I'll make a post if I find out different. I left my e-mail with Roger.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:06 AM
Tech Adept

Default Names

John, I am dreadful at remembering names. I always have been, so I can't even blame my age
Old 10-29-2006, 06:52 PM
Z
Tech Master

Is there a list anywhere of drivers who have entered for the Pro Series Finals?

Z
Old 10-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Don't know of a list of entries yet. Jeff has a pile of entries at this point. Note that a printable entry form is posted up above in this thread.

RC Pro Series Nationals
November 17-19

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.