Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Tennessee-Kentucky Racing
Race Chilhowee Knoxville!!! ROCCK Racing Club Owned & Operated Off-Road Track >

Race Chilhowee Knoxville!!! ROCCK Racing Club Owned & Operated Off-Road Track

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Race Chilhowee Knoxville!!! ROCCK Racing Club Owned & Operated Off-Road Track

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E1 Diablo
Glad to see you're back. I can't wait to do battle with you

You sir, tear up the track for sure
THANKS!

I'm quitting my band (actually quitting music period for a year or longer), made up my mind after racing Saturday. Been trying to get this band gigging for a year and a half... setback after setback after setback, everybody else's bad work schedules and family issues etc etc. I'm done! Next time (if I do it again) I'll check work schedules FIRST before letting them in the band LOL. I may do some studio recording for some friends and continue to write my own stuff, but it won't keep me from focusing on RC anymore.

And, YES, the way I drive I DO tear up the track LITERALLY .
Old 06-12-2012, 03:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JEDI BASS
THANKS!

I'm quitting my band (actually quitting music period for a year or longer), made up my mind after racing Saturday. Been trying to get this band gigging for a year and a half... setback after setback after setback, everybody else's bad work schedules and family issues etc etc. I'm done! Next time (if I do it again) I'll check work schedules FIRST before letting them in the band LOL. I may do some studio recording for some friends and continue to write my own stuff, but it won't keep me from focusing on RC anymore.

Ypu
Old 06-12-2012, 03:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

THANKS!

The band I was in just broke up too. I agree on the setbacks. It's so much fun playin' out.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WeekendRacer89
Ypu
Do you mean "yup" ? Or is this a new thing I haven't seen yet: "your puppy's ugly" or "you poop underwear"??

Originally Posted by KillerBarracuda
The band I was in just broke up too. I agree on the setbacks. It's so much fun playin' out.
It can be fun to play out. I've been there and done it before w/ a successful originals band. But, coverbands can either be background music... BORING or really impress and get people dancing etc. I'm in it for the fun and won't do background music at crappy bars etc just to make a few bucks. Unfortunately I think (with our GREAT and I mean phenomenal singer quitting) we were gonna end up being a background music band cause our guitarist was gonna be the singer.

I dunno, our drummer is recovering from a bad accident and needs the band to help keep his spirits high... maybe I should hold off and look for another singer. I'm the founding member and have the PA and practice space, so if I quit, it's over.

Back on topic.... LOVED getting back to the track!! My Nova powered Losi finished every heat and the main w/ no issues. I've done nothing to the car since last september, except tighten loose screws and change the glow plug. I'll do better before the next raceday .
Old 06-12-2012, 06:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Messed up thought i backed out LOL but you may have tore the track up but did you see what you did to my finger LOL. " I've got blisters on me fingers!!!"
Old 06-12-2012, 06:40 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KillerBarracuda
Hey man thanks for the Acetone idea... It worked great!

The tires came off, but it did destroy the foams. Not a big deal since it was the stock Proline foams, so i got some of the AKA red closed cell. I went ahead and ordered the De Racing TLR 22 wheel with the 12mm hex, since that gives the right offset.

Thanks again for the idea!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default ams

Originally Posted by hhbarton11
I lost my brand new clutch bearings at the 8 min mark in the main. I had a really good time. The Pro Truggy A-main was the best race I have ever seen in my life

Heywood
yes ..we all had our fair share of issues .. i was ate up with the dumb ass missing my a1 e buggy race! but i agree heywood, the truggy race was unreal!!
To all that attended i enjoyed the time with yall.. This was a great race!! ill be going next year.. .. thanks shaun for the results..
Old 06-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

THANKS!

Wow, Jodi... Can't believe you are talking like this.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can't believe I brought my new B4.1 FT World and didn't race it. It's killing me, I want to drive it. Sure hope we have practice tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by winmorknls
thanks shaun for the results..

Not a problem Travis. Again congrats to you, Heywood,Kenneth.. Well Done!!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WeekendRacer89
Messed up thought i backed out LOL but you may have tore the track up but did you see what you did to my finger LOL. " I've got blisters on me fingers!!!"
HEY!! You did that all on your own, LOL! Who kills a hot nitro by sticking their fingers on the flywheel?
Originally Posted by Afun
Wow, Jodi... Can't believe you are talking like this.
(It's Jody by the way ) Well, see below... I'm having second thoughts cause my drummer has been as devoted as me and he's looking forward to getting back behind his kit .
I dunno, our drummer is recovering from a bad accident and needs the band to help keep his spirits high... maybe I should hold off and look for another singer. I'm the founding member and have the PA and practice space, so if I quit, it's over.
Gotta lot to think about.

Back on topic: You think the track will be dry enough for practice tomorrow?
Old 06-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

I am out of town and do not know what is going on with our track.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

I shoulda asked you how long you'd be in Florida.

Have fun bro
Old 06-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Be back Friday, just in time to break in my MP9, Sat or Sun
Old 06-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Afun
Be back Friday, just in time to break in my MP9, Sat or Sun
mp9 tk14 to be released in august of 2012... you should have waited alan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.