Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Tennessee-Kentucky Racing
Sir Goony’s Speedway. Home of the ROCCK (Radio Operated Car Club of Knoxville) >

Sir Goony’s Speedway. Home of the ROCCK (Radio Operated Car Club of Knoxville)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sir Goony’s Speedway. Home of the ROCCK (Radio Operated Car Club of Knoxville)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 01:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Off road Short course

Hello,

I know you guys have an on-road track at Sir Goony's, is there an off road there as well, or are you guys running the SC's on pavement? Dying to have a place to run my SC's. Just moved back from Utah, where I raced at Intermountain R/c where they do the April Fool's Classic every year. It's an indoor and I got spoiled with that.

I see it looks like you all race under the Pavillion at Chilhowie Park; is this a seasonal thing only? Anyhoo, what are the most popular classes. I run 2wd SC mod and would like to get a losi for 4x4 SC mod. One more question and I'll shut up, is there a good turn out for racers every week? Thanks all!

V/r

Jeff
Old 09-12-2014, 03:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by copter58
Hello,

I know you guys have an on-road track at Sir Goony's, is there an off road there as well, or are you guys running the SC's on pavement? Dying to have a place to run my SC's. Just moved back from Utah, where I raced at Intermountain R/c where they do the April Fool's Classic every year. It's an indoor and I got spoiled with that.

I see it looks like you all race under the Pavillion at Chilhowie Park; is this a seasonal thing only? Anyhoo, what are the most popular classes. I run 2wd SC mod and would like to get a losi for 4x4 SC mod. One more question and I'll shut up, is there a good turn out for racers every week? Thanks all!

V/r

Jeff
Hi,
There is no off-road course. I am bummed over that also! Some do run their trucks on the course. They run them with zip ties to lower them and use street tires. You have to run a 2wd only though. I am waiting for the track at Chilhowie also. I haven't raced before so I am itching to break in my 4wd SCT.

There is a good tun out. I was at Goony's 2 weeks ago for the first time with the race crowd. I wasn't thrilled about the on-road side, but, the more I thought about it the more I liked it. I am still building my street car though. Probably be ready on the 27th. I hope...

Take care,
Pete
Old 09-12-2014, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by copter58
Hello,

V/r

Jeff
Ttne offroad track build will start on the 27th of this month I believe.the first or second week in October will be the first race.2wd sc there usually is a good turn out but 4x4 is hit or miss.1/8 ebuggy and 1/8 nitro 1/10 buggy are probably the biggest classes.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:56 AM
Tech Adept

http://www.rctech.net/forum/tennessee-kentucky-racing/603855-race-chilhowee-knoxville-rocck-racing-club-owned-operated-off-road-track-447.html
You can check the thread there to keep up with the off road news.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default oval racing

Are you all gonna run oval this year?
and when are you gonna start?
Old 03-25-2015, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Here is the info on the Sir Goony's Speedway Facebook page.

4/11 - open practice with timing
4/25 - open practice with pickup or practice race
5/9 - season opener
Old 05-06-2015, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

From Facebook
Alright guys and gals it's about that time. The Summer Series Championship starts this Saturday! Timing system goes up at 3 and racing starts at 5. We will be running the following classes...
Breakout Legends
Breakout Pan Car
Spec Bombers
SCLM
Novice Class
VTA *depending on turnout
Let's keep all 4 corners on tha ground and have some fun!!!!
Old 06-09-2015, 12:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ROCCK Racing is proud to announce the Summer 2015 On-Road RC Racing Series! All events will be held at Sir Goony’s Speedway in Knoxville, TN.
RC Clinics and How-to Seminars
From 6:30 to 9:00 pm on Thursday, June 11 and Thursday, June 18, ROCCK Racing will hold an on-road RC meet and greet and orientation to on-road racing:
• All RC vehicles and skill levels are welcome. *
• Plan on working on your vehicles, learning about the track, and hearing more about our on-road racing program. RC enthusiasts will be on hand to answer your questions about classes, specifications, race events, and more. Set-up equipment will be available.
• We want to make sure you spend your $ wisely and have the best chance to enjoy the track to the fullest. Recommendations on car manufacturers, chassis, tires, motors, batteries, etc., will be on display and discussed.
On Thursday, June 25 starting at 6:45 pm - Racing begins at Sir Goony's Speedway!
• There will be two qualifiers with an A Main. *
• The racing program will continue every other Thursday (weather permitting) through mid- September.
• Sir Goony’s Speedway is open for practice 7 days a week.
See you at Sir Goony’s Speedway for another season of fun and friendly competition!
ROCCK Racing
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sgspeedway

Last edited by sg1fan; 06-09-2015 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Don't forget: RC Clinics and How-to Seminars Start Tonight From 6:30 to 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by sg1fan
ROCCK Racing is proud to announce the Summer 2015 On-Road RC Racing Series! All events will be held at Sir Goony’s Speedway in Knoxville, TN.
RC Clinics and How-to Seminars
From 6:30 to 9:00 pm on Thursday, June 11 and Thursday, June 18, ROCCK Racing will hold an on-road RC meet and greet and orientation to on-road racing:
• All RC vehicles and skill levels are welcome. *
• Plan on working on your vehicles, learning about the track, and hearing more about our on-road racing program. RC enthusiasts will be on hand to answer your questions about classes, specifications, race events, and more. Set-up equipment will be available.
• We want to make sure you spend your $ wisely and have the best chance to enjoy the track to the fullest. Recommendations on car manufacturers, chassis, tires, motors, batteries, etc., will be on display and discussed.
On Thursday, June 25 starting at 6:45 pm - Racing begins at Sir Goony's Speedway!
• There will be two qualifiers with an A Main. *
• The racing program will continue every other Thursday (weather permitting) through mid- September.
• Sir Goony’s Speedway is open for practice 7 days a week.
See you at Sir Goony’s Speedway for another season of fun and friendly competition!
ROCCK Racing
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sgspeedway
Attached Thumbnails -on_road_control_flier_high_09june15.jpg  
Old 06-12-2015, 06:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

is it possible to get the race results for the ovals posted on this forum I don't have a Facebook account and I'm trying to keep up with .
Old 06-13-2015, 08:33 AM
Tech Initiate

The ROCCK Race Calendar at https://www.facebook.com/ROCCKRacing has been updated with our Oval (Saturdays) and Road Course (Thursdays) on-road race schedules. This is now a Google Calendar that you can quickly add to your phone or PC by clicking the Google button on the bottom right of the calendar.

The Oval race tentatively scheduled for Saturday July 4th is still being figured out so stay tuned. More info to follow.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by intimidator_nc
is it possible to get the race results for the ovals posted on this forum I don't have a Facebook account and I'm trying to keep up with .
Lee doesn't have a facebook account either
Old 06-23-2015, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

Just 2 days until the first road race of the season! Racing starts @ 6:30pm this Thursday!
Old 06-24-2015, 09:43 AM
Tech Initiate

The first road course race of the summer starts 6:30 tomorrow night at Goony's. For sure we'll be racing VTA with 25.5 motors, M05s, and an open for everything else. Seems there will be a couple 17.5 Stock Touring Cars there as well so be sure to bring whatever you have that turns right to help us kick-start our new road course season. See the ROCCK Race Calendar for race days and times. https://www.facebook.com/ROCCKRacing...90322544333196

Also, there has been a lot of discussion about moving the road course race from Thursday nights to the Saturday mornings of the Oval races with a possible day pass to race all day. Be sure to come out tomorrow night or leave a comment here to voice your preference.

Be sure to join the Sir Goony's Speedway Facebook Group for all things relating to on-road racing in Knoxville. https://www.facebook.com/groups/sgspeedway
Old 06-24-2015, 03:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can't seem to get to the Facebook I don't have an account ,can it be made open like other race tracks we might not can post but we can read just a suggestion,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.