R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Tennessee-Kentucky Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/tennessee-kentucky-racing-70/)
-   -   Sir Goony’s Speedway. Home of the ROCCK (Radio Operated Car Club of Knoxville) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/tennessee-kentucky-racing/486207-sir-goony%92s-speedway-home-rocck-radio-operated-car-club-knoxville.html)

luvtorun 02-26-2011 02:12 AM

Sir Goony’s Speedway. Home of the ROCCK (Radio Operated Car Club of Knoxville)

Sir Goony's on Kingston Pike has a permanent on road track now!!!:D:D

You can find Sir Goony's @
10925 Kingston Pike look for the big orange dinosaur.

Racing begins Saturday 26 Feb.

Track is open for practice at 10am.
RACE STARTS AT 11:00

First Week's Classes:
Open Electric Novice
Open Electric Sportsman
Short Course/Off-Road Open

We have an R/C club starting up- see other forum, and will be discussing other classes soon so people will know what to buy.

Nashville is running Vintage Trans-Am(VTA)
mostly USVTA rules
http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/index.html

17.5 Touring Car(TCR)
ROAR Stock ESC
any 17.5 motor
Jaco Blues rubber tire and rim
any body(TC or GT style)

We would love to hear your feedback to see if you want this here too.

We are Nitro friendly, but would like at least 3 cars to make a class.

Please come out to support the hobby and the hobby shops in the area.

Last but not least, A GREAT BIG thanks to Johnny S. (track owner), John, Denton and Howard for making this track permanent. Please make it a point to thank these guys personally when you come out.

Hope to see you soon. :cool:

hairy 02-26-2011 05:45 AM

What city is that in?

TNBiscuit83 02-26-2011 06:09 AM

Its in Knoxville, TN. Just a couple miles off of I-40. And @Julio...who gets up at 5:12AM on a Saturday?!

TNBiscuit83 02-26-2011 01:15 PM

just got home after checkin out the track and i cant wait to get my truck out there. Hopefully next weekend if my wife doesnt catch me. Did you guys get the lap counter working again after i left?

luvtorun 02-26-2011 02:56 PM

We did. Got the bugs worked out and the rest of the day went pretty smooth. Racing today was discounted due to the expected delays :lol::blush:

TNBiscuit83 02-26-2011 05:16 PM

It takes some time. I'm not familiar with onroad cars at all, and i just started with offroad last yr at karns. I want to do some research and work up a wishlist to start on. What cars would i be looking at and what price range can i expect for an entry level car? I'm not looking to win i just wann get out and have fun but leav room to upgrade. Thats going to be awhile though so do you have any suggestions to make a 2wd slash more hospitable on pavement?

Oh yea, I was the red headed guy hangin around denton some b4 you guys got started.

Rockit RC 02-26-2011 07:57 PM

What a fun day! i had an amazing time (once again). Tired, sunburnt, dead batteries, broken rigs, and ready to do it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks so much to John and Julio. Man, I could of kept going and going today.

Looking forward to the SCT Jumps - even though the road course was a blast!

ImGoinRCn 02-26-2011 09:12 PM

Had a ball today...how did the acid thing work out in the ice corner?

TNSnoopy 02-27-2011 04:55 AM

Sunday

Are you guys running on Sunday?

p187420 02-27-2011 05:36 AM

ice corner? i thought that was your favorite section heath?:D

luvtorun 02-27-2011 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by TNSnoopy (Post 8716427)
Are you guys running on Sunday?

Track is open for practice anytime during Sir Gooney's normal operating hours. Racers need to check in at the counter and pay $5 to use the track.

Also, if weather works out this afternoon, I'm heading out to get some stick time with the lapcounting system. Probabably from 1-3pm.

The lap counter will be on and house transponders are available for loan- first come first served.

Also, I will have my set up board and complete set up station with me if anyone wants to use it.

later :cool:

BrizAE 02-27-2011 12:59 PM

Thank you

Ken here,
I just wanted to say thank you to all you guys doing all this work. I wished I could be more involved to help out but my family and work schedule makes it kinda tough. I can't wait to be out there and race but also learn from you guys. I have been out at Harriman a couple of times and loved it. I have the black POW SC10.

This Sir Goony's track sounds like a lot of fun and I will check it out as soon as possible. Thanks again to to all of you for giving us the opportunity to have a place to race and meet fellow racers. :smile::nod:

Rockit RC 02-27-2011 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by BrizAE (Post 8718251)
Ken here,
I just wanted to say thank you to all you guys doing all this work. I wished I could be more involved to help out but my family and work schedule makes it kinda tough. I can't wait to be out there and race but also learn from you guys. I have been out at Harriman a couple of times and loved it. I have the black POW SC10.

This Sir Goony's track sounds like a lot of fun and I will check it out as soon as possible. Thanks again to to all of you for giving us the opportunity to have a place to race and meet fellow racers. :smile::nod:

What Up Ken!! Good to hear from you.

You really need to bring that POW SC10 to Goony's. The SCTs are a blast. Much more delicate trigger finger is required than Harriman, but it is so much fun. John has a fantastic plan to have a separate course (on the track) for the 'off-road' with wood jumps and stuff.

AbstractZen 02-27-2011 03:29 PM

As if the SC carnage wasn't enough, we gotta go and add air to the equation!

We're gonna need more turn marshals.:D

ImGoinRCn 02-27-2011 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by AbstractZen (Post 8718830)
As if the SC carnage wasn't enough, we gotta go and add air to the equation!

We're gonna need more turn marshals.:D

You mean YOU need more turn marshals...lol

(so do I):(