Wiki Posts
Search

Team Br00d Racing Motors

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 04:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default V2 Brushes

hi team BrooD.........please explain the difference on the Sprint vs the Enduro brush that you are selling for the Element 19 V2

thxxx
Old 08-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DazRCrazy
Could you give some numbers this peeler pushes on the dyno?
not sure on the numbers as they vary, peeler motor is more of the setup i use on his motors, never the less they are good numbers

Originally Posted by habis
hi team BrooD.........please explain the difference on the Sprint vs the Enduro brush that you are selling for the Element 19 V2

thxxx

the sprint brush is going to last fewer runs, but have more power....

the enduro brush will last at least twice as long but will have less power
Old 08-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Garrett,

How can i get the Chris Tosolini Edition motor in 12x2 ?

from what i read 7x1 only..however a friend of mine has a Tosolini 12x1 so how do i go about doing this?

Thanks
Pearce.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:40 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Pearce,

We can arrange something. I got your previous email and will contact you shortly, we can figure something out.

We'll also have more Toso 7x1's in stock soon, another 5.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Great

Will be awaiting your reply, Im looking for 2 motors too please.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Addict

What current limit would you recommend for 27T touring cars? I find that when I hit something occasionally my power goes down because of the current spike. So if you limit the current this won't happen so much. How far do you go though before you start loosing power off the line?

thanks
Michael Jones

Last edited by ixlr8nz; 09-01-2007 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:23 AM

I'm a big fan of lifting on impact.

If your batteries feel soft after an impact like that it is possible you have other issues to consider, like a cell going bad in a pack too. One thing I have personally noticed is the issue punch loss after hitting something under throttle isn't nearly as noticeable anymore with the new cells. IB4200's have so much extra capacity that you can afford to loose some during a race.

So if you are experiencing some punch loss you're cells might not be really up to snuff. Limiting your current may not be the solution since you will still end up drawing max current through the system which may be enough to soften your pack.

Just taking a random stab at the question though, if our CO27's draw 130 watts that's going to be around 18A at 7V, so your amp draw is going to be anywhere from say 15-30A, depending on voltage. So you can start with a limit of 25A and see where it takes you.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default IB 4200

When will Brood have new stock of IB4200s?
Old 09-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Desolas
I'm a big fan of lifting on impact.

If your batteries feel soft after an impact like that it is possible you have other issues to consider, like a cell going bad in a pack too. One thing I have personally noticed is the issue punch loss after hitting something under throttle isn't nearly as noticeable anymore with the new cells. IB4200's have so much extra capacity that you can afford to loose some during a race.

So if you are experiencing some punch loss you're cells might not be really up to snuff. Limiting your current may not be the solution since you will still end up drawing max current through the system which may be enough to soften your pack.

Just taking a random stab at the question though, if our CO27's draw 130 watts that's going to be around 18A at 7V, so your amp draw is going to be anywhere from say 15-30A, depending on voltage. So you can start with a limit of 25A and see where it takes you.
thanks very much for the reply, its a very interesting topic indeed. I read big jims book (the internet version) and he said to limit to 50A. He said that he had one of those telemetry systems on his car and said when he hit the wall it would spike at 90 amps+. I have run down to 80 amps limited and could notice much difference in the way the car responded later in the race(for the better). I will have to do more testing to tell what happens off the line. Its very hard to tell unless you are in a race with other fast cars!

thanks
Mike
Old 09-02-2007, 05:56 PM

Yeah, I stick by my first solution...stop hitting stuff.

As for IB4200's ... we're going to have some soon. Before IIC.

I will make an announcement soon. I was going to offer them up for presale but that's hard to do unless I know for a fact the unit count we'll have and the numbers.

Due to the demand and volume of cells and that carpet season in the US is starting up for the first two weeks I will only be releasing cells to people within the USA, then I will open up International sales.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Arrow What final drive ratio for Komodo Dragon?

I'm ready to install my Team Brood Komodo Dragon in my TA05. What final drive ratio is good on a large parking lot track?
Old 09-05-2007, 09:36 AM

I would start with about a 7:1 and adjust from there, you may need anywhere from a 6.6-6.9. KD's do real well geared to the moon, but you don't want to run it too hot and damage the magnets.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:29 AM
JCB
Tech Addict

Will you have them ready in enough time to have us order then shipped before Vegas?? I was planning on leaving next Saturday for the IIC...
Old 09-13-2007, 05:24 PM

JCB ... YES if you don't delay.

TEAM DRIVERS - IF YOU ARE GOING TO VEGAS YOU MUST EMAIL ME NOW IF YOU WANT BATTERIES. WE ARE TAKING A VERY LIMITED SUPPLY WITH US DUE TO WEIGHT RESTRICTIONS - YOU MUST EMAIL ME AND I WILL SHIP THEM TO YOU DIRECT.

Email me now > [email protected] - text me - or call me ASAP. The deadline for batteries is Sept 19. I will not be sending team packs after that!

If you have not already heard from me get in touch with me ASAP.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

well i will probly be spending most of this week getting ready for the iic,
gotta do a bunch of stuff, but the big stuff is done, ie batts...lol

now on to motors, if anyone is needing anything for the race remember that you gotta get it shipped out ASAP!, im not bringing extras, just enuf for team and the "payers" lol

plus it takes me forever to do the race stuff....i usually end up doing it the night and morning i leave for the race...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.