Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree63Likes

Team ORCA USA Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 07:00 AM
Tech Adept

You have to update your program box with the 2.1 software and then, the program box will work with the B32, R32 and OE1

I tested the OE1 yesterday in 13.5 spec timming class, feel very linear. Still work to do on it !
Ggrant likes this.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys , quick question for anyone who's runs the new OE1. Have any of u guys experienced any problems with power cuttting in and out while on throttle? Had 2 races in a row ! And this is happened to me ! I'm getting really frustrated now ! Looking to jettison these esc's if I can't get a fix for them . Thanks guys
Old 02-14-2019, 12:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Ggrant
Hi guys , quick question for anyone who's runs the new OE1. Have any of u guys experienced any problems with power cuttting in and out while on throttle? Had 2 races in a row ! And this is happened to me ! I'm getting really frustrated now ! Looking to jettison these esc's if I can't get a fix for them . Thanks guys

They had the similar problems with their LCG esc a while back, ruined a few club races and a big race in Denmark for me, they didnt give out info and the dealer just send 2 new caps claiming it was the problem, i changed that but did not help. They fixed the issue with a new board for the esc, but the dealer was so late sending them out
that i returned the esc. the dealer cut my refund for "used goods" i told him to take a hike because the product was defective, and im never getting anything from that dealer or ORCA ever again. And yes it was a major issue, 3 people in the club had that ESC and it was the same problem for all.
Had they just come out with with the facts and provided a temp solution no problem. But the way the dealer handled it and allso the people from orca i was in contact with made me never wanting anything from them again.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:11 AM
Regional Moderator

I was watching an unboxing video from RCmart and Im surprised that they dont include an on off switch for the ESC. They wont even include a part that costs a few cents?
Old 02-18-2019, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999
I was watching an unboxing video from RCmart and Im surprised that they dont include an on off switch for the ESC. They wont even include a part that costs a few cents?
For some, its just one more thing to go wrong. ripping a wire or having a faulty switch is just one less component to take out of the equasion.

I wasn't thrilled about the lack of a switch (something tangible I can touch) but it does make it easier I have found.
I'm using the R32 and R32X and have yet to encounter a problem.

MOmo
Old 02-18-2019, 06:12 PM
Regional Moderator

I think it should be left to the consumer to decide if they want to add a switch or not, and not for the manufacture to decide for us.

Its just like apple taking out the headphone jack or touch id because they deemed it unnecessary.

Good thing I still have some switches leftover from my VX3 and R32, and those switches arent hard to DIY, but dont think the consumer should be the ones to fix the manufacture's issues.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:13 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry for the stupid question but my OE1 didn't come with an power button or switch. It also doesn't beep when calibrating. Normal? has to be

I see in the directions it has a port for a power switch
Old 03-06-2019, 07:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ggrant
No problems with mine but I just got it last weekend. 1 full race day in touring stock and no issues at all. Great ESC!

Originally Posted by irvinew
Sorry for the stupid question but my OE1 didn't come with an power button or switch. It also doesn't beep when calibrating. Normal? has to be

Someone had already mentioned this but no, it doesn't come with a power switch. The power switch is optional. As for the beeping, the Orca OE1 manual states that if you don't hear a beeping, then try reversing the throttle setting in the transmitter. Hope that helps!

Old 03-07-2019, 01:27 AM
Regional Moderator

Did you have you motor soldered before setting up the ESC? You need the motor connected to the ESC with the sensor cable to be able to hear the beeps. The ESC itself does not beep, its the electrical whine from the motor which creates the "beeps"
Old 03-25-2019, 01:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

couldn't complete my OE1 bind as well in the first 2 tries, no beeping sound for the last step (neutral position). tried reversing the throttle servo as indicated but whenever i tried to turn on my esc for the bind process, the motor ran rather than beep. As I was using a M12RS radio, rebinded the receiver to SHR for the ESC, channel 2 (as it was in SSR mode with my b32 ESC before). In SHR mode, first try binding the ESC was a success.

Can't wait to test this ESC this coming saturday, cant believe it weighs less than my b32 (without the fan and wires).
mikeygar likes this.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So, finally got to test my OE1 baby this past weekend during a club race and I love it for the following reasons:

1. no more glitches (used to run the b32) in terms of the ESC shutting down when the kit crashes or during runs
2. i don't mind NOT having a power switch actually. more space for me to have wires tucked in
3. performance wise, loving the extra functionality and on my first outing with the ESC, was able to finish 2nd and keep pace with the younger and faster racer
4. posted the fastest lap time for the day
5. it's actually 4 grams lighter than my b32 (without the wires and fan), which gave me more options to fine tune the overall balance of the car
6. still lots to tinker and fine tune which will definitely help me to be more consistent with my driving
Old 04-05-2019, 01:53 AM
Tech Regular

hello guys, my esc is R32, i forgot to turn off the switch and plug out the program card cable, now i cannot load into the program and no response to my radio.

anyone try before and have any solution ?
Old 04-06-2019, 08:48 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Marco926
hello guys, my esc is R32, i forgot to turn off the switch and plug out the program card cable, now i cannot load into the program and no response to my radio.

anyone try before and have any solution ?
That shouldnt really affect the ESC, but then again Orca ESC tend to blow up itself for no reason, ESP the R32 ones.

Contact your local Orca distributor and see if they could help you
Old 04-27-2019, 10:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default ORCA 21.5 TX motor

Does anyone know if the ORCA 21.5 TX motor is still ROAR approved? Its not on the current approved list but it is also an old but still very good motor. Not sure if it was removed because it is old or became unapproved.

Trying to sell but it needs to be ROAR approved
Old 04-30-2019, 06:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I still see it on their list:

Spec 21.5 - ORCA/About RC Racing TX Series - OTM215TX

Is this not the correct motor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.