Search
Like Tree63Likes

Team ORCA USA Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2024, 09:02 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F5M
Hello I recently picked up an r32 esc. I realize a bit older. What I didn’t realize is I need a program card. Not many of those found anymore. Are there any options? Will the OE1 card work?

I may just be put out and sometimes that happens.

Any help would be much appreciated.
No, the OE1 cards will not work. You will need to find one specifically for the R32.
Old 03-15-2024, 01:18 AM
Tech Rookie

chappp
Old 04-02-2024, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Where can we purchase these products in the USA besides Orca America (Mk2 out of stock)? Are more Modtreme2 winds coming soon? I'm thinking about trying Orca.
Old 04-02-2024, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Check Michaels RC Hobbies in Florida
Old 04-02-2024, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hunterdawg
Check Michaels RC Hobbies in Florida
They don't have the new stuff on their site yet.

Edit: looks like the ORCA USA site re-stocked.

Last edited by Buckland; 04-02-2024 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-15-2024, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a Totem 1S that has stated acting up recently. About a month ago the sensor wire went bad and when I would tap a board the unit would shut down and flash purple. Took a little messing around, but figured out it was the sensor wire. Replaced that and it ran fine until Saturday 4/13/24. I was getting ready to go out for my last run of the day when the car lost throttle, picked the car car up and everything looked normal. Turn the car off and back on and I had throttle again. Set the car down ran a lap(at part throttle) and it ran fine. As soon as I pulled full throttle it would die again, it's almost like it goes into voltage cut off. Shut the car off and back on, it works again. Holding it in the air it works fine, but as soon as load it, it cuts off at full throttle. I've tried a different motor and it does the same thing. Put a program box on it and the box lights up, but nothing comes up on the screen. Hooked the box to another esc just to double check the box and it worked as it should. Anyone have any ideas what this could be? I just got this esc back in January. Thanks for any info offered.
Old 04-15-2024, 08:25 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JCarr
I have a Totem 1S that has stated acting up recently. About a month ago the sensor wire went bad and when I would tap a board the unit would shut down and flash purple. Took a little messing around, but figured out it was the sensor wire. Replaced that and it ran fine until Saturday 4/13/24. I was getting ready to go out for my last run of the day when the car lost throttle, picked the car car up and everything looked normal. Turn the car off and back on and I had throttle again. Set the car down ran a lap(at part throttle) and it ran fine. As soon as I pulled full throttle it would die again, it's almost like it goes into voltage cut off. Shut the car off and back on, it works again. Holding it in the air it works fine, but as soon as load it, it cuts off at full throttle. I've tried a different motor and it does the same thing. Put a program box on it and the box lights up, but nothing comes up on the screen. Hooked the box to another esc just to double check the box and it worked as it should. Anyone have any ideas what this could be? I just got this esc back in January. Thanks for any info offered.
If the program box doesnt show anything when you plug it in then most likely the mainboard is fried somehow. Talk to the shop where you bought it, or the local distributor for repairs. Doubt you can get and sort of replacement or warranty esp if its used, regardless if you crashed or not.
JCarr likes this.