Search
Like Tree63Likes

Team ORCA USA Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman007
I just ordered a BLITREME 13.5T from ctrl system it will be going in my Yokomo YZ-4 SF. Tranny is 2.5, going to start with 81t spur maybe 78t what amp draw should I shoot for? And what would be a good Fdr to start with. I can't wait to get it on the track. Thank you
I have asked the Team as well for feedback. You racing on turf/carpet/dirt?

Quick initial feedback was "48-49degrees on the can 25/78 with an XB4 on ozite"

Not sure what the difference is between the IDR of the YZ vs XB4 is but there is a starter for you.
Motorman007 likes this.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
I have asked the Team as well for feedback. You racing on turf/carpet/dirt?

Quick initial feedback was "48-49degrees on the can 25/78 with an XB4 on ozite"

Not sure what the difference is between the IDR of the YZ vs XB4 is but there is a starter for you.
Hard Clay med to High bite.
The XB4 is 2.5 and the YZ-4 SF is 2.5 IDR
Old 02-08-2018, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Any infos on when BLITREME 25.5 will be in stock?
Old 02-09-2018, 08:09 AM
Tech Rookie

I just received my new Orca R32X Pro and new programmer card this week. I have an older Orca ESC and programmer card and never had any issues with the ESC or programmer card before.

I installed the R32 in my mod touring car, placed in setup mode and used the transmitter to reset the throttle limits etc. Everything went ok and the ESC is in default blinky mode. When I connect the new R32 Programmer Card to the ESC, the programmer card properly powers up when the ESC is turned on, and I can select the UPDATE and DATA menu items which seem to work. It does not go into the programming mode automatically, but shows a selection menu. However when I try to select and enter the PROGRAM mode on the R32 Card, it refuses to read the ESC settings or go into the program mode and allow me to make changes to the ESC.

The programmer card behaved this way right out of the box without a new SD micro card inserted. I then downloaded the USB link driver from your website and installed on my laptop. I then was able to see the SD card and format it. I created a new directory called firmware and downloaded a RX 32 firmware upgrade and R32 Program Card firmware (I assume the ESC has the latest firmware installed and did not upload to the ESC) and placed into the directory just to see if everything was working. I tried to connect and go into programming mode on the ESC again and nothing changed as I expected. I still can not enter the programming mode of the ESC with the R32 programmer card. By accident, I purchased 2 programmer cards, so I tried the other Programmer Card and the results were the same. After I select the programming mode, if I press the enter key or any, it will not go into programming mode.

Obviously I must be doing something simple wrong so I await any help I can get.

John R Jennings
XRay T4 Mod
XRay, Roche, Exotek F1's
SpeedMerchant WGTR, Pro235 Roadkill
Roche 1/12
Old 02-11-2018, 08:01 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Yu
We will be offering FREE upgrade for all R32(new or used) when it's become available. So please enjoy racing with your R32 for now and we will upgrade your esc very soon.
Has this statement changed at all? Its been almost 5 months since this was last said and the R32x or the B32 are still not officially released. Not even your website have both these speed controllers listed. http://www.orcarc.com/product-catego...speed-control/

I see your https://teamorca.shop/ has both the speed controllers available but does that means it only caters to the US market? You guys need to communicate with your customers better.

Last edited by disaster999; 02-11-2018 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by awesokim
Hi guys, been running the B32 esc a few weeks now, ran it first time at DHI in Denmark, it worked perfect up untill i overshot the shikane and rain straight into the divider at low/medium speed, the car stopped and i didnt understand what happened. The guy who picked the car for me, told me it was turned off, i contacted orca and they said it had been some problems with a cap, and i got the replacement cap and thought it would solve the problem. Well ran perfect for 2 - 3 weekends of racing, but last night i had a club race and the guy infront of me lost traction and squared the car infront of me and it ran straight into the side of it at 90degrees at low/medium speed, not even enough to bend the lexan on the front of my ultra lite body but again the ESC just turned itself off. I contacted team orca but haven't gotten a reply from them yet, but the shop i got the ESC from replied that they would get new boards in for the b32's any day and that i would get one. But i don't know what they fixed. My theory is that the on/off button of the b32 is not supsended by a membrane and can somehow with just right force / direction of impact manage to trigger the micro switch and turn itself off, it happened for me 2 times and both times it was allmost the same kind of crash, i can't explain it any other way. Both times you could just switch the esc back on and nothing else was loose or broken or in any way out of order. I rly hope you guys can look into this and come up with some kind of solution to my problem, im giving the esc another shot, with that new board the dealer talked about. but if it happens again i can't race that esc guys! Best regards Kim
I am starting to get this same exact issue with my b32. One time it turned off just trying to drive over a pipe to get back on track. For my last run of the day I tried lowering my BEC to 6v and I was able to make a clean run with the battery pack even with a few tumbles. I'll have to do more testing this coming weekend to see if this could be a temporary fix. But it is totally strange. it's happened from doing something as simple as picking up the car though I have a feeling it's something to do with the button being too sensitive or perhaps some sort of voltage overload protection.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by disaster999
Has this statement changed at all? Its been almost 5 months since this was last said and the R32x or the B32 are still not officially released. Not even your website have both these speed controllers listed. Electronic Speed Control | Product Categories | ORCA Team Ltd.

I see your https://teamorca.shop/ has both the speed controllers available but does that means it only caters to the US market? You guys need to communicate with your customers better.
Yes, communication has never been a strength of ORCA. I always really liked their products and was planning on getting an R32x or B32 (or both)... but I'm no longer sure about that.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:44 PM
Tech Rookie

My new R32X ESC came with the firmware loaded for the B32. I kept loading the R32 programmer card firmware listed on the download page and it would not speak to the R32X ESC. As soon as I loaded the programmer card firmware for the B32, (same build numbers), I was able to program and make changes to the new R32X. I am a little confused about this but now everything works. The programmer card firmware was: 2017/08/12. ORCA PROGRAM CARD VER 1.2-171009A(Support NEW B32 esc Firmware 171009A) 171009A is what is loaded into my new R32X from the factory. I raced it Saturday night in Mod and it worked fine.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Orca

If anyone having issues or questions about the orca products Please email me directly. I usually handles the US market but if anyone need help just email me and I will do my best to help.

My email is [email protected]
Old 02-12-2018, 06:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JohnJennings
My new R32X ESC came with the firmware loaded for the B32. I kept loading the R32 programmer card firmware listed on the download page and it would not speak to the R32X ESC. As soon as I loaded the programmer card firmware for the B32, (same build numbers), I was able to program and make changes to the new R32X. I am a little confused about this but now everything works. The programmer card firmware was: 2017/08/12. ORCA PROGRAM CARD VER 1.2-171009A(Support NEW B32 esc Firmware 171009A) 171009A is what is loaded into my new R32X from the factory. I raced it Saturday night in Mod and it worked fine.
The R32X and B32 are share the same programmer firmware. Orca will need to update this info on their websit.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:14 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Keith Yu
If anyone having issues or questions about the orca products Please email me directly. I usually handles the US market but if anyone need help just email me and I will do my best to help.

My email is [email protected]
Are you going to reply to my message which you conveniently skipped or do you need me to privately message you?
Ggrant likes this.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by disaster999
Are you going to reply to my message which you conveniently skipped or do you need me to privately message you?
Please email me! Thank you!
Old 02-13-2018, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

I suggest emailing them as well. I sent an inquiry about my issue stated above and they got me an RMA# in less than 24 hours. I can't say that'll be everyone's experience but they are responding to emails so try there.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by EbbTide
I am starting to get this same exact issue with my b32. One time it turned off just trying to drive over a pipe to get back on track. For my last run of the day I tried lowering my BEC to 6v and I was able to make a clean run with the battery pack even with a few tumbles. I'll have to do more testing this coming weekend to see if this could be a temporary fix. But it is totally strange. it's happened from doing something as simple as picking up the car though I have a feeling it's something to do with the button being too sensitive or perhaps some sort of voltage overload protection.
Ye, well iwe tried to get the issue solved, but iwe gotten 2 different new caps, and the last i heard was that if it does not work you'll get a new board eventually. But who knows if that will resolve the problem, 4 people who runs orca at my local track, 3 b32 wich _ALL_ have the same problem with turning off at starts / when hitting stuff / random shutoffs and one older r32 that just stopped working with the program card. I've taken off my orca and requested a return as i see it as a defective product over 2 weeks ago, but only heard "i'll check with orca" back, ill return mine eventually no matter because of Norwegian puchase laws, but i think its really sad and bad that orca is so poor at solving the issues they have or even communicate, im sure most people in the industry is aware that this is small batch production from small firms and are willing to be very patient with things if they are just straight up about problems and are willing and working to resolve the issues people have. but like i said, silence or "maybe solutions" iw what i've got so far.
I do this for fun on my limited free time, beta testing a product is not what i payed several hundred $ for and 3 finals where my car stopped and it not gonna waste my time any more. I got a ESC from another brand and not a single problem. Too bad orca made such mistakes to ruin their otherwise very good reputation atleast at my local track.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by awesokim
Ye, well iwe tried to get the issue solved, but iwe gotten 2 different new caps, and the last i heard was that if it does not work you'll get a new board eventually. But who knows if that will resolve the problem, 4 people who runs orca at my local track, 3 b32 wich _ALL_ have the same problem with turning off at starts / when hitting stuff / random shutoffs and one older r32 that just stopped working with the program card. I've taken off my orca and requested a return as i see it as a defective product over 2 weeks ago, but only heard "i'll check with orca" back, ill return mine eventually no matter because of Norwegian puchase laws, but i think its really sad and bad that orca is so poor at solving the issues they have or even communicate, im sure most people in the industry is aware that this is small batch production from small firms and are willing to be very patient with things if they are just straight up about problems and are willing and working to resolve the issues people have. but like i said, silence or "maybe solutions" iw what i've got so far.
I do this for fun on my limited free time, beta testing a product is not what i payed several hundred $ for and 3 finals where my car stopped and it not gonna waste my time any more. I got a ESC from another brand and not a single problem. Too bad orca made such mistakes to ruin their otherwise very good reputation atleast at my local track.
Well I can't say I've had the same experience. They have already offered to replace this ESC as soon as I send it in. And the seller I purchased from has been responsive from day one. They even sent me the upgraded capacitor without me needing to inquire about it and sent a brand new fan because mine had a kink in the wire. The way I see it is this is a brand new ESC to them and sure there may be issues they need to work out but so far they have been taking care of me when needed. I'll update this once I get the replacement from them though it will probably not be until next week as I haven't had time to desolder everything.

One thing I'll give ya is it is annoying to have these issues but I am a big supporter of innovations and is a big reason I have supported both Maclan and ORCA more recently. It's not for everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.