Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i may have to figure something out. I am using yoru original 350 setup, but my front is up to red springs and I am using 30wt assoc. oil. not sure that I want to go that much stiffer. The car is quick around the track. I made my best run last week and was only a lap down from toastie in 19t. I was just wanting a little more steering then the 350 was giving me.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Try purple up front with the split and let me know how it goes. Toasty still running a XRay? What chassis is he using? Are you guys doing the Champs? If yes-I'll see you there.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

oh-and before someone gets the big idea to flame-me-my original set-up is Cyrul's Nats set-up!! So there-give credit where credit is due. Whats cool is his split set-up works better on the 350 in stock than it does on the split-in stock.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rayhuang
Try purple up front with the split and let me know how it goes. Toasty still running a XRay? What chassis is he using? Are you guys doing the Champs? If yes-I'll see you there.
he is still running an xray. He has Ralph's nats chassis. I think he is going, but I am not ready for any of the big races yet. Maybe next year
Old 11-12-2004, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Ray:

Hi,

I see you went back to the mid length wheel base..... did you just do this on your split chassis??? or is it on your 350 chassis too?????? got Mini's Xray flyin on a mid bite track and I'm still playin around with little things. soon I'm going to need a another Xray FK.. one for Mini ot race and one to try all my little changes. got the bad news today....... I get to go back to work in two weeks still not all the way better but at least I can see better. will call you Monday sometime. more Q's
[Ray switching cars......... I was that way untill Mini got fast...then I couldn't afford it any more......then came Karting.....now I'm even more broke and Mini's still fast in both Karting and R/C ] and now don't laugh........ I am starting to drive again...... they have a special class for me...... The Fossil ckass I still have the shakes so bad I really S**k.... but new meds are on the way!!!!!!

Theisgroup:

Hi,

Just come to Cleveland and have fun.... if you need help we all can do that. you'll be missing one of the BEST indoor races around.

Speedie:

I talked to DiGGty on Wed. he is in th emiddle of designing his own TC3 style sedan. I will ask him again about the drive shaft/input shaft setup again. I am tring to get him to go to 7075 T9 instead of 6065 T6. I'll let you know what he has to say.

Thanks
Old 11-12-2004, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Tim. I decided against the TC4 tho and bought a Mi2. It came with a P-Dub chassis. The first thing I had to do is switch it back to the stock chassis. As soon as I put it on the scales I was disapointed to say the least I thought it would at least be close till jason got the B-Mi-2 ready. Balance was way off in left field. Batteries were no where near where they needed to go. I got it set perfect with the stock chassis with only adding one 14g weight next to the servo. I get to try it out tomorrow and see if I like the belts or not.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Tim,

Ask Damon if he would think about doing anything for the Pro 4 (driveshafts or any cool custom parts)
Old 11-13-2004, 11:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default TC4 Steering rack

Hi,

Does anyone know if the TC4 steering rack will fit into the TC3 BMI chasiss in the holes for the NTC3 rack?

If so, which parts do I need and which ones fom the stock set-up can I use?

Thanks.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

I am almost positive the tc4 rack will fit in the BMI tc3. There should be three sets of holes for the rack. Use the rear-most holes for where the swing arms pivot from.

I believe you will be able to use the ballstuds, bottom mounting screws, and servo saver assembly from the tc3 rack.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

Does the BMI tc3 chassis come with blue anadozied alloy mounts, and posts? I would like to buy the blue chassis to pimp my ride but I don't want to buy any more anadozied parts than I have to.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

The standard BMI ETC3 comes with natural finished standoffs and motor mount. You can request the blue if you want.
Old 11-13-2004, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

Tim,

Medium wheelbase seems to react a lot quicker to steering inputs at no loss of corner speed. I think in mad-high bite-maybe long will be better though.
When i run long I find myself turning earliuer to make it through series of chicanes or s's. With the wheelbase 4 or 5mm shorter-car just seems to chnage direction snappier. Maybe its a crutch for lack of skill-but it works for me. Practice today I ran pretty well. Ran 22 5:01 with a slow lap. Without my bad lap-a 23 lap run was definately possible. Thats good on our latest layout. I think I ran 3mm shorter wheelbase today. Call me monday to discuss!
Old 11-13-2004, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Ray, you still have the same cell phone #? See ya in Cleveland buddy.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Brian:

Hi,

I will ask Damon about making parts for the Pro 4. should'nt be to hard to make a drive shaft and other parts.

Racingsafetyman:

Hi,

well the holes line up exactly on the TC4/B.M.I. chassis. just by looking at the TC4 steering rack it looks almost the same as my modded one. I have'nt bought a TC4 rack as we are running a Xray now. If we go back to the TC3 I will try the TC4 rack and check the ackerman against the one I modded. try the modded nitro rack first as it really works great on carpet and outdoor tracks. and it's not that hard to do.

Ray:

Hi,

we will run a shorter W/B on a low bite track. turn isn't a issue for Mini right now as he seems to be happy with our current setup. ( I am interested to see how it will work on a really high bite track).
I will call Monday around 11am. Thanks for the input

Thanks
Old 11-16-2004, 11:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jason YGPM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.