Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 06:45 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Jason you are soon going to need someone just ro run the R/C part of the business.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Your not kidding-he may very well need to expand!! His conversions are "precision" pieces of work. And I doubt you'll find one that isnt better than a stock chasis in many significant ways.

I wont run a Tub chassis on a TC3 ever again. Even if the Tc4 comes out and is light years advanced from a TC3-I hope Jason makes a conversion for it.
And you are very fortunate to have Rob Love running your equipment. Hes one guy who can wheel w/ the best of them.

Ray
Old 03-29-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Now I am blushing Thanks Ray!

BMI's quality is in a league of its own. I am just shocked about how nice the cuts are and how accurate they are. Nicely chamfered (sp) battery slots. Bottom line is "QUALITY".
Old 03-29-2004, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by protc3
hey guys,i wanna welcome a few new team drivers:

1:Rob Love
2:Terry Schmitt
3:Mark Barden
4:Tom Ross
5:John Hickey

welcome to Team BMI gentlemen.i look forward to working with all of you guys.
Glad to see my boy is running for you Jason! I am sure he will represent BMI with nothing but class! Mark is always helping people, new and seasoned drivers at my track! That is why he was chosen to be Director Of Public Relations for R/C HEAT Raceway!!!!!!

Peace...
John G.
www.rcheat.com
Old 03-29-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

dont worry buddy,i got it covered
Old 03-29-2004, 08:11 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Darn Jason forgot my my name on the team!!!!!!! I didn't see Who's Your Daddy anywhere on that list.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

thanks guys.i think i am gonna have to expand. things are going thru the roof
Old 03-29-2004, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Hey!

Hey Jason!

Thanks again for the oppurtunity.Got the car half built.Didnt know it was coming with the anodized standoffs!Nice bonus!
Maiden run for this Bmi FT TC3 this weekend.We have a new points series for Nor-Cal this season and hopefully it will be a good season for me. This thing rips on asphalt.

P.s......You have a PM.

John H.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default team driver ..

Thank you jason .. Ill give it my best shot and congrats to the other drivers as well .. I hope with All our input youll continue to produce excellant products and service for the racing community.. Again thanks Ill look foward to testing the CUDA !!when you let the fish out of the tank !! lol !!
Old 03-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default jason!!

YGPM !!
Old 03-29-2004, 10:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default BMI Pro 4 Forum

Is there such a forum? I saw the Pro 4 pictures and called BMI to find out about it. This chassis should be another class A product from Jason.

I also received my TC-3 chassis from BMI and what a chassis , I took it to a friend of mine an hour away from me and he was besides himself to the point that we worked until midnight setting things up.

The entire order process was very friendly and the help obtained from Jason and his staff was superb, second to none. BMI is going to have me as a loyal customer for a long time specially when the PRO 4 is approved for sale.

I do have a question since read a post about gluing the edges, being new to this, what I need to do? and what glue to use in the process of sealing the edges.

Once again thanks to Jason for a great product

Ray from Puerto Rico
Old 03-29-2004, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Hey Ray Here is a link to the CRC website that explains how to seal the chassis edges.

http://www.teamcrc.com/Html/Products/chassis-prep.html

When I do it I use steel wool for all the finish work. And since all the hard stuff is already done by Jason all there is is finish work. I go over all of the edges with coarse steel wool then glue. I put two thin layers of glue on the edges. Then I go over it when it has dried a few hours with the corse wool again to smooth it all out. Then I use fine steel wool to polish it all smooth as glass. Then for an added touch i used automotive paint polishing compuond on the finished edges. When I am done the edged look like rounded glass.

Hope that helps.

The only bad news is having to take it all back apart to seal it.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info.

Ray
Old 03-30-2004, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by SpeediePHATT
Do you mean how high it seems to be away from the chassis? Remember where it sits on the tub there is all that webbing below it.
yea it just seemd to set real close the the drive cup i just wanted to make shure i had it on right or if everyone was usinf a diffrent screw to lower it down some

thanks
rob
Old 03-30-2004, 08:03 AM
Regional Moderator

Any suggestions for a screw set to use when assembling my chassis. I have a racer kit now and was going to switch from the steel to the blue aluminium but they strip so easily. I'd go with titanium but they are a bit expensive. Suggestions?

Links to a good prices would also be handy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.