Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread >

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

During the races. Actually it was just before the A-Mains. Perhaps may have affected the ootcome of the race. Get a driver all riled up telling him he is illegal cause he is cheating. I can certainly see that affecting a driver just before his A-Main event.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 215slowpoke
Josh

It was about 20 minutes before the mains started on Sunday.

Travis Erkeneff
Thats BS

Originally Posted by The MurfDogg
During the races. Actually it was just before the A-Mains. Perhaps may have affected the ootcome of the race. Get a driver all riled up telling him he is illegal cause he is cheating. I can certainly see that affecting a driver just before his A-Main event.
I dont get it then.........How can you qualify for the A-main when your motor was disqualified? wouldnt they put you down to the lower mains?
Old 05-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Super hurting. Sorry to hear this.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

just curious, are these motors on the roar approved motors list?
Old 05-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

ill never go to ocrc again just cause of the staff they are not a friendly crowd to be around by any means and this just adds to y reasons why i will never go back
Old 05-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Matt you have a PM
Old 05-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ROAR Approved!!!

YES all MurfDogg Motors are ROAR Approved. Our motors are approved under the Trinity Duo badging. We use Trinity Duo base motors and go through an extensive blueprinting process, and enhance several parts of the motor. Our motors are by far the fastest motors on the track in 17.5 and 13.5. However I have never heard of a motor being deemed illegal because it meets all specifications and is simply just too fast. The staff of OCRC has called my motors 12 turn brushless motors!?! With what proof do they make such accusations.

I am one of a limited few people in the world that has figured out ways to optimize brushless motors for maximum power. Because of my hard work, extensive R&D, and astonishing race results, I believe I have the best product on the market. I am not sorry that I produce fast motors. I have developed a dyno on which i test my motors. My 17.5 motors produce on average 5-10 watts more than other major brands offering of 17.5 motor. I will not use other brand names because I am not about bashing anyone or saying "product 1 is inferior and product 2 is better than product 3 or 4." All I am trying to do is defend my companies honor.

I build high quality racing motors, and I stand behind their legality. Tear one down anytime anywhere and I guarantee they will meet all ROAR specs as they did at ROAR National last year. Tear them down and check everything. But please if you are going to tear apart motors, please leave it to someone who knows what they are doing. I am pretty sure that not one OCRC employee knows how to properly tech a brushless motor, nor do they have the appropriate equipment to do so.

Matt
Old 05-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by The MurfDogg

I ask that all Team Drivers and customers alike join me in a Boycott of OCRC. They have unfairly treated my customers, and slandered my very reputable, trustworthy name. Please do not support a place that will accuse people of cheating without any evidence. They made their racers, their own paying customers feel uncomfortable and unwelcome at their own facility. This is a very serious situation, and until Robert Black calls me to clear up the situation, i will maintain this position. My #is 661.644.5860.

Matt Murphy
MurfDogg Motor Works
BOYCOTT OCRC? BAHAHAHAHAHAHA, this sounds like a bunch of children whining! The motors got challenged and no one put up, most know the saying put up or shut up. Matt Murphy I don't know you personally but from these recent posts, you are a drama queen, and this bashing pretty much shows how first class you are. You know how easy Robert is to get a hold of and yet you put up a spectacle on RC tech bashing a great facility. If you were as first class as you claim to be you would have called Robert first thing and settled things personally, face to face and walked him through a tear down of your motors proving their legality. Thats what an adult and a person standing behind his motors would do.

Jeff Kulp
Old 05-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Jeff

Forgiveness is given long before forgotten. I think he is only asking for things to be made right.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by wayboarder
BOYCOTT OCRC? BAHAHAHAHAHAHA, this sounds like a bunch of children whining! The motors got challenged and no one put up, most know the saying put up or shut up. Matt Murphy I don't know you personally but from these recent posts, you are a drama queen, and this bashing pretty much shows how first class you are. You know how easy Robert is to get a hold of and yet you put up a spectacle on RC tech bashing a great facility. If you were as first class as you claim to be you would have called Robert first thing and settled things personally, face to face and walked him through a tear down of your motors proving their legality. Thats what an adult and a person standing behind his motors would do.

Jeff Kulp
ocrc aint that great dude track is way to small and the people there are typical oc people stuck up and think there better than everyone now went west coast opens that will be a nice facility. matts a great dude with an awesome product ur just mad that u dont run one of his motors race one or chase one
Old 05-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Travis, I completely agree, Anthony A was running my truck with a Murfdogg motor in it on Saturday and Sunday. I was approached by staff at OCRC and told that the 13.5 murfdogg motors is actually a 12.5. I found this upsetting due to the fact that I’ve been running that motor in my truck for some time now and have competed at races that have tech and the motor always passed. I also run a Banzai motor and it's just as fast but nobody thinks their illegal due to the fact that they’re not as flashy and colorful. When I was told that the sticker was pulled off by Anthony I was upset. If the motor is illegal and we're breaking the rules then we deserve to be punished or banned. But as far as assuming, well you know. My truck is very very fast, and that has to do with the fact that I gear it with a 69 spur and 35 pinion. I don't win every race but that is because my driving skill isn't that good not because my car isn't fast. Anyone running the murfdogg motors didn't win because their motor was faster but because drivers like Anthony and Travis and others put in the extra hard work and practice to be great drivers. Great job to all who raced this past weekend and congratulations to all the winners and participants.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Rookie

I will not race a at track that turns down honest people from racing and does not support Matt and team.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Jeff,
I also do not know who you are, however, you need to rethink who is childish. Racers spend countless thousands of dollars to race at the competitive level. Racers purchased my LEGAL motors and are told they are cheating. Because other racers complained that they were too fast?! That is a terrible reason. Sounds to me like other people should figure out how to go fast. Whether it be through better batteries, chassis, or motor. That doesnt matter.

OCRC has tarnished my company image, as well as my own personal image because my company name is also my nickname. It is outrageous to call something illegal for no reason.

Robert made no attempt to verify legality of anything. He did not call me first, he just made them illegal. He owes me and my racers a public apology, and should publicly state that MurfDogg motors are legal.

We are current ROAR National Champions. But we are somehow cheaters and even cheated the ROAR Officials.

You must have some association with the track to be jumping on here bashing me. I did not find out about the situation until after they were deemed illegal. It is also not my duty to check legality of motors racing at OCRC or any other facility, and to say that it is my fault for not doing so is very rediculous.

Once again thank you to all my customers and supporters. All your MurfDogg Motors are legal everywhere in the world except OCRC.

Matt Murphy
Old 05-18-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

You got my vote. OCRC is overrated. Im not saying its bad for you fanatics, but that as good as it is, it can still be better. West Coast and Placentia/LRH hobbies (as well as the ever prevailing Pegasus Hobbies) are gonna be the "it" places. Pegasus alone has one of the greatest racing atmospheres around. Fun and relaxed. I hope west coast and LRH develop into the same kickback relaxing program that us peg locals are use to

-Chris Arellano

Last edited by Syber Serulean; 05-18-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by $Tmoney$
ocrc aint that great dude track is way to small and the people there are typical oc people stuck up and think there better than everyone
True colors come out on this one post, ridiculous comments.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.