Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread >

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BISBEE 248
team did pretty good sunday out of the gate,i had some problems with the new truck but i will work through that and hopefully get back up to the front..
josh did great in sst 4whl,think he was runnin good in truck also intell something broke,i got punted in stk truck and had to come from 10th back up to 5th so,mixed feelings,o i got 2nd slash after coming from 9 or 10 (got punted at end of straight)to 2nd on last lap..
o and leach got bumped up to a main sst tk not sure how he finished though.
Bis, We need to get you on the box for the next round you attend.

I finished 2nd in stock buggy, broke in stock truck, and 1st in 4wd SS ya.

From what I can remember:
Brent Calvert finished 2nd I think in Stock Truck, Not sure about stock buggy. he was fast as usually.

Results should be posted today. I also know that there are some additions to the team from round 2 but I will let Matt welcome them.

Over all it was fun and everyone did really well See ya at the next round
Old 04-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by What up?
Bis, We need to get you on the box for the next round you attend.

I finished 2nd in stock buggy, broke in stock truck, and 1st in 4wd SS ya.

From what I can remember:
Brent Calvert finished 2nd I think in Stock Truck, Not sure about stock buggy. he was fast as usually.

Results should be posted today. I also know that there are some additions to the team from round 2 but I will let Matt welcome them.

Over all it was fun and everyone did really well See ya at the next round
ya josh u were pretty fast all day what happened to u in truck? i got hit at the end of the straight just lilke bisbee did and had to work up i finished in 6th, bisbee and i were battling for a couple laps till i hung a pipe but ocrc should be fun see u guys there
Old 04-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by $Tmoney$
ya josh u were pretty fast all day what happened to u in truck? i got hit at the end of the straight just lilke bisbee did and had to work up i finished in 6th, bisbee and i were battling for a couple laps till i hung a pipe but ocrc should be fun see u guys there
Thanks man, you were running good too.

I blew a rear shock and the truck just went nose high off the big triple and I cased it and the motor moved on me. I think it was starting to give me issues at the end of my 2nd qualifier and I noticed the truck doing some weird stuff in warm up for the main, I didnt see anything when I checked it between races. Its just the way it goes, but it wont happen again since I will be doing some work on them to help prevent that from happening again.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I blew a rear shock and the truck just went nose high off the big triple and I cased it and the motor moved on me. I think it was starting to give me issues at the end of my 2nd qualifier and I noticed the truck doing some weird stuff in warm up for the main, I didnt see anything when I checked it between races. Its just the way it goes, but it wont happen again since I will be doing some work on them to help prevent that from happening again.
locktight and losi shocks haahah i loved ur motor toooo
Old 04-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

cased the jump? nosedive?

damage to the body? noooooooooo the beautiful bodyyyyyy

Old 04-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

MurfDogg team drivers Dominated qualifying at the JBRL race at revelation. Josh Mitchell looked good in Stock truck and buggy and 4 wheel super stock. Josh won super stock 4 wheel, while teammate Cody Turner TQed and won Super Stock 2wheel.

Super Stock Truck was dominated by a MurfDogg newcomer Travis Erkeneff. TQ and a win is a great way to welcome yourself to the team.

Stock Truck TQ went to another new member of the MurfDogg Team. David Orner now is powered by MurfDogg Brushless motors.

Great job guys! Keep it up.

BTW, A new batch of 10.5s, 13.5s, and 17.5s is here and will be ready by early next week.

The MurfDogg
Old 04-24-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by $Tmoney$
locktight and losi shocks haahah i loved ur motor toooo
Nope you will see, just alittle mod.

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
cased the jump? nosedive?

damage to the body? noooooooooo the beautiful bodyyyyyy

No nosedive it was more like a tail dive or something. Truck was straight up. alittle body damage but not bad.

Originally Posted by The MurfDogg
MurfDogg team drivers Dominated qualifying at the JBRL race at revelation. Josh Mitchell looked good in Stock truck and buggy and 4 wheel super stock. Josh won super stock 4 wheel, while teammate Cody Turner TQed and won Super Stock 2wheel.

Super Stock Truck was dominated by a MurfDogg newcomer Travis Erkeneff. TQ and a win is a great way to welcome yourself to the team.

Stock Truck TQ went to another new member of the MurfDogg Team. David Orner now is powered by MurfDogg Brushless motors.

Great job guys! Keep it up.

BTW, A new batch of 10.5s, 13.5s, and 17.5s is here and will be ready by early next week.

The MurfDogg

Matt, The motors worked great and with all the testing the results show for it.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default OCRC Series

Brent Calvert dominated the third OCRC series race with MurfDogg 17.5 Power. As he did in round 2, Brent Swept the stock classes at the OCRC series race, this time at OCRC.

Brent's newest teammate David Orner finished second to him in Stock Truck.

Another fine example of MurfDogg Power.

Race one or Chase one!

The MurfDogg
Old 04-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Tires:

Some information for you guys.

I ran a few different combination and I found these to be good.

PL non-wides fronts in M3

Either JC Double Dees in Green if its a little wet or
M3 Holeshots

Only a few have run Pink/Gold BK Bar Style tires from Losi/JC but it wasnt THE tire. I would get some if you wanted to try them, but you will be fine with the standard tires.

The layout is really easy and fast:

Its clockwise, you start on the backstretch, 90 degree turn into a short shoot with a small jump in the middle of it, which then has another 90 degree, followed by a double then another double which you WANT to downside since it will go into a sweeping tight right hander. From there you will have a double again that you need to double since it hits into a right hander, and then another right hander switch back that you can hit straight. This will lead into the crossover, downside thata so you can hit the left hander and hug the pipe. This will go into a downhill section, which you need to make sure you do NOT overshoot, hug the right hander, and hit the jump on the inside with the best lip (especially in stock). ts an uphill double section and you can loose time there if you endo since there is a hole for marshalling. From there you hit the sweeper into a roller, and then again on to the BS.

19+ second laps for stock if you are fast
20+ averages will get a TQ I would think

Hartson was in the 17s in 4W Mod.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_King
Tires:

Some information for you guys.

I ran a few different combination and I found these to be good.

PL non-wides fronts in M3

Either JC Double Dees in Green if its a little wet or
M3 Holeshots

Only a few have run Pink/Gold BK Bar Style tires from Losi/JC but it wasnt THE tire. I would get some if you wanted to try them, but you will be fine with the standard tires.

The layout is really easy and fast:

Its clockwise, you start on the backstretch, 90 degree turn into a short shoot with a small jump in the middle of it, which then has another 90 degree, followed by a double then another double which you WANT to downside since it will go into a sweeping tight right hander. From there you will have a double again that you need to double since it hits into a right hander, and then another right hander switch back that you can hit straight. This will lead into the crossover, downside thata so you can hit the left hander and hug the pipe. This will go into a downhill section, which you need to make sure you do NOT overshoot, hug the right hander, and hit the jump on the inside with the best lip (especially in stock). ts an uphill double section and you can loose time there if you endo since there is a hole for marshalling. From there you hit the sweeper into a roller, and then again on to the BS.

19+ second laps for stock if you are fast
20+ averages will get a TQ I would think

Hartson was in the 17s in 4W Mod.
now thats what i call sharing some notes..
Old 04-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the heads up Kevin. Brent basically said the same thing about the tires. I am really looking forward to Saturday. Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Matt
Old 04-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Good Pic Matt. See you at OCRC on Saturday.
Attached Thumbnails MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread-522982376_jykj8-mmatt.jpg  

Last edited by What up?; 04-28-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Josh,
Thanks for the kind words. I hope you all can tell that I have been working out hard. Really pushing the 12 ounce arm curls as of late.

Matt
Old 04-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default timing

What are everyones thoughts on being able to adjust timing on brushless motors? Overrated? Is timing adjustable on Murfdogg motors? If not what is timing set at out of the box?
Old 05-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Timing

My theory, is that timing should be added through either the motor or the speed control. NEVER BOTH!

Our motor have adjustable timing in 10 degree increments. They can be set to 0-10-20 degrees of timing advance. Where should the timing be set? That depends on the individual motor and what it likes in particular. All our motors are dyno tuned, to see what timing setting yields maximum power. Sometimes it is 0 degrees, but the majority of our motors run best with 10 or 20 degrees. If you want to play with timing, figure out if your motor and speedo has a timing adjustment, then figure out which one you choose to use first.

Using our motors, I highly recommend(beg you) to run the Speed Controls throttle settings at the linear/smooth setting, with 0* timing advance, and let the motor timing do its thing. In our extensive testing, this yields the best results, having great power, and running cooler and longer.

Using Novak, LRP, Hacker, Orion, and Speed Passion motors, I recommend setting the motor timing to 0* advance, and use your speed control to advance your timing about 10* to start. Run 5 minutes and check motor temp. Should be 140-160, If hotter, you should drop one tooth for every 20 degrees higher than 160. Rotors do not like heat excess of 180*F. Heat will kill your rotor. If you need more top speed, advance the timing another 10* and lower your pinion one tooth.

Timing is a complex, tricky "adjustment", that can get you lost in no time.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask away.

Matt Murphy
MurfDogg Motor Works

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.