Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread >

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by KidAgain
True colors come out on this one post, ridiculous comments.
i dont race for murfdogg thats just how i feel about ocrc its over rated
Old 05-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Guys....

Please do not turn this into an OCRC Bash thread. Their facility is great. Indoor, well lit, clean with functioning bathrooms. I do not want to bash their facility whatsoever.

I just strongly disagree with their actions and their words about/towards my products and customers this past weekend.

Thank you for keeping the bashing away from the MurfDogg Forum.

Matt
Old 05-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wayboarder
BOYCOTT OCRC? BAHAHAHAHAHAHA, this sounds like a bunch of children whining! The motors got challenged and no one put up, most know the saying put up or shut up. Matt Murphy I don't know you personally but from these recent posts, you are a drama queen, and this bashing pretty much shows how first class you are. You know how easy Robert is to get a hold of and yet you put up a spectacle on RC tech bashing a great facility. If you were as first class as you claim to be you would have called Robert first thing and settled things personally, face to face and walked him through a tear down of your motors proving their legality. Thats what an adult and a person standing behind his motors would do.

Jeff Kulp
Jeff,

Whinning is what started this, a decision was made and it was wrong. If your going to make a decision like what was made you better know what your looking at and how to go about checking it. No one is more responsible then RB at this moment since he made the move. I wrote to Robert and he responded but its really not much different from what was stated and since then he has not said anything.

OCRC is a nice place to race I like racing there when I can but I just dont agree with the decision made.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by truck driver
just curious, are these motors on the roar approved motors list?
does anyone have a current roar list,not sure how old the one im looking at is..??
matt were does this leave us for jbrl,i know before it was ok but has that changed??
Old 05-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

The following link is to the current ROAR approval list.

http://www.roarracing.com/approvals/brushlessmotors.php

My motors are approved under:

Trinity Duo #10210 -Super Stock 13.5 -Blue timing Plate - Approved 5/20/08
(which ironically matches the blue motor labels I put on them)

Trinity Duo #10220 -Stock 17.5 -Red timing Plate - Approved 5/20/08

Any Questions?

Matt
Old 05-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just got off the phone with Jimmy Babcock of the JBRL.

All MurfDogg Motors are legal for JBRL, Offroad Shootout, Reedy Truck race etc.

All MurfDogg Motors meet ROAR requirements and are 100% legal

Matt
Old 05-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The MurfDogg
I just got off the phone with Jimmy Babcock of the JBRL.

All MurfDogg Motors are legal for JBRL, Offroad Shootout, Reedy Truck race etc.

All MurfDogg Motors meet ROAR requirements and are 100% legal

Matt
Then its done, now we all know and everyone should pass it on to their local tracks so this never happens again. Murf you should for your benefit fax or send a copy of the ROAR approved sheet to the local tracks so theirs no more confusion and or cry babies.

Jake
Old 05-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

its really not done though. so what happens if i go to ocrc? are they going to turn me down and say i cant race because i run murfdogg motors?
Old 05-18-2009, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Holy cow people. This is amazing. You all need to let Matt and Robert handle this as it should have been from the get go.

Josh, I have raced with you for years and your actions and reactions here are a cause for concern. I have never heard someone speak so poorly that I truly felt was an upstanding person. Try being a track owner with 15 people coming and whining at you. Plain and simple, the trinity motors were changed due to the silver portion not being stamped in the center between all of their motors and thus, you could change both ends and wow, a really fast 13.5 that was made froma 10.5.

STOP...SETTLE DOWN... please know I am not saying this is what happened. What I am trying to state is how easy anything can be misinterpreted. HE is human and did the best he could. Was it perfect, maybe not, but these situations never are. But your actions considering most of you were not even there are ridiculous.

All of you know me, as a person, as a racer, and as a hobbyist. Please do whats best for the hobby and shut off your impulses a little and relax. It was one little incident and if you saw the difference in power these motors produce, you might question it too (not trying to sell your motors but hey, maybe it will). If you all want to whine some more, and you are so worried about someone putting money up, ROAR requires 50 bucks, you can have it from me since it will be best for the hobby if it will help you all calm down some.

Are we all 12 now or what??????
Old 05-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Johny, I am sure we would all be happy to have you at OCRC. With the motors you own.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Holy cow people. This is amazing. You all need to let Matt and Robert handle this as it should have been from the get go.

Josh, I have raced with you for years and your actions and reactions here are a cause for concern. I have never heard someone speak so poorly that I truly felt was an upstanding person. Try being a track owner with 15 people coming and whining at you. Plain and simple, the trinity motors were changed due to the silver portion not being stamped in the center between all of their motors and thus, you could change both ends and wow, a really fast 13.5 that was made froma 10.5.

STOP...SETTLE DOWN... please know I am not saying this is what happened. What I am trying to state is how easy anything can be misinterpreted. HE is human and did the best he could. Was it perfect, maybe not, but these situations never are. But your actions considering most of you were not even there are ridiculous.

All of you know me, as a person, as a racer, and as a hobbyist. Please do whats best for the hobby and shut off your impulses a little and relax. It was one little incident and if you saw the difference in power these motors produce, you might question it too (not trying to sell your motors but hey, maybe it will). If you all want to whine some more, and you are so worried about someone putting money up, ROAR requires 50 bucks, you can have it from me since it will be best for the hobby if it will help you all calm down some.

Are we all 12 now or what??????
So were all Trinity motors sought out and deemed illegal or just MurfDoggs? And Ryan it was more than one "little" incident. Was it a mass of cars going super fast or just 1 guy? We need info!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Kevin, please speak with Matt regarding this. Or PM me, I welcome it, you know me. I would not be pushing for a resolution at all if there was a reason to add fuel or if it wasnt truly the best for this hobby.

I have been accused of running illegal motors a few times in the long years I have been racing. I dont whine about it. I change my motor and beat them with another, or I have even switched motors with the other person and run against them that way. I certainly gave my .02 cents of what I witnessed Anthonys truck doing 5 minutes into a race as I was there.

I mean heck, I even like Matt and his dad, although a little intersting late at night, haha, but it should be handled properly as everyone keeps saying and that means BETWEEN ROBERT AND MATT!!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Kevin, please speak with Matt regarding this. Or PM me, I welcome it, you know me. I would not be pushing for a resolution at all if there was a reason to add fuel or if it wasnt truly the best for this hobby.

I have been accused of running illegal motors a few times in the long years I have been racing. I dont whine about it. I change my motor and beat them with another, or I have even switched motors with the other person and run against them that way. I certainly gave my .02 cents of what I witnessed Anthonys truck doing 5 minutes into a race as I was there.

I mean heck, I even like Matt and his dad, although a little intersting late at night, haha, but it should be handled properly as everyone keeps saying and that means BETWEEN ROBERT AND MATT!!!!
10-4 will do. Hopefully it can be fixed rather quickly.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

One simple answer to this. Every track owner should purchase an inductance meter, and a pair of calipers. ROAR specifies minimum inductance numbers for all ROAR legal stock/super stock motors. ROAR also specifies maximum rotor diameter. Leave nothing to chance. Tech the motors using both tools, and no accusations of cheating will be necessary. Questionable motors can be torn down and teched in a matter of minutes. No need to ever unwind a motor. Inductance tests ensure proper amount of wire on the stator.

I will gladly submit ANY MurfDogg Motor, be it a Team Drivers or a customers, to a tech inspection utilizing the above (ROAR Mandated) methods. Until a race director/track has these tools and the knowledge to know how to use them properly, they have absolutely no business calling any motor illegal.

I hope all tracks learn from this lesson and pursue the proper motor tech tools, to prevent this silly situation from ever happening at their own track.

I know Jimmy Babcock/Hot Rod Hobbies/JBRL is already looking into such tools for future use to prevent cheating and false accusations.

For anyone still thinking MurfDogg Motors are illegal, come out to Omaha in June and watch all of our motors pass ROAR tech at the Nationals.....for the second time.

Matt
Old 05-19-2009, 08:23 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The MurfDogg
One simple answer to this. Every track owner should purchase an inductance meter, and a pair of calipers. ROAR specifies minimum inductance numbers for all ROAR legal stock/super stock motors. ROAR also specifies maximum rotor diameter. Leave nothing to chance. Tech the motors using both tools, and no accusations of cheating will be necessary. Questionable motors can be torn down and teched in a matter of minutes. No need to ever unwind a motor. Inductance tests ensure proper amount of wire on the stator.

I will gladly submit ANY MurfDogg Motor, be it a Team Drivers or a customers, to a tech inspection utilizing the above (ROAR Mandated) methods. Until a race director/track has these tools and the knowledge to know how to use them properly, they have absolutely no business calling any motor illegal.

I hope all tracks learn from this lesson and pursue the proper motor tech tools, to prevent this silly situation from ever happening at their own track.

I know Jimmy Babcock/Hot Rod Hobbies/JBRL is already looking into such tools for future use to prevent cheating and false accusations.

For anyone still thinking MurfDogg Motors are illegal, come out to Omaha in June and watch all of our motors pass ROAR tech at the Nationals.....for the second time.

Matt
All I want to know is where can I buy a MurfDogg motor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.