Christmas Tree type finals
57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

2007 Singapore Invitational Challenge 2; Marine Parade RCMC

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 11:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Kyew: Thanks for your feedback.

The committee have ran through your suggestion in detail before. The administration of it is rather complex, so the idea was KIV'ed till we could find a more balanced solution. We are still actively thinking of how to administer it and will continue to do so. The breakdown fo the SGD$120 is $80 annual membership fee and $40 entrance fee. These are Peoples' Association approved numbers and we can't change it easily.
Old 01-30-2002, 04:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

phlim: KL trip.....sound good to me, count me in if you guys decide to go as a group
Old 01-30-2002, 05:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Talking Photos for 27 Jan 2002 Race

Click Here to View Photos
Old 01-31-2002, 03:00 AM
Tech Regular

Default KL!!

KL Trip : Oh boy!! Count me in too!! They have nice circuits there.....
Old 02-01-2002, 12:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Cool 1/10 2WD F1 Electric

Just a simple survey, how many of you would be interested in dusting your 1/10 2WD F1 Electric car for a fun drive class at the upcoming race on 24th Feb 2002?
Old 02-01-2002, 01:02 AM
Tech Regular

phlim : see thread on Tamiya F12001 by JoeHwee....

not a bad idea ei!! Either a 2wd F1 fun race or a M-Chassis MINI Cooper race....or BOTH!! Must inject a bit of fun into the races again huh!!

(Just another idea) : how's about a 4wd monster truck race....we can make some ramps and use the track piping as obtacles! We'd have all kinds of cars running on the same day...hahaha!
Old 02-01-2002, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just my comments......

Can ......but prepare to go home after 6pm......
Old 02-01-2002, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Nipple: Yeah, maybe not EVERYTHING in one meet.

Alternate between F1 2wd and MINI Coopers...or see what kind of response we get, maybe only 1 heat and final need to be run....never know until we try.

I think the M-Chassis class is less popular here....but it can be quite catchy...coz the cars are really cute and quite fast. F1 response should be okay, but maybe our track is a little tight for the long F1 cars. Anyway, all for fun...so whichever way it goes, it can only be better in the long run (more interest and more participants).

Must regulate to totally or semi-stock or else it will become like the touring cars (expensive, very competitive and frightens everyone away!).
Old 02-01-2002, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by raygun

Must regulate to totally or semi-stock or else it will become like the touring cars (expensive, very competitive and frightens everyone away!).
Comment: If the class becomes popular, and if limited by say, all must use rebuildable 27t etc. surely the result will be the usage of e.g. silver brushes, matched battery packs etc.

If one variable is limited, others will be pushed

OTOH, I would love to run F1, M chassis or 1/10 scale pan classes... just wished the RCMC joining fee is lower!

Regards,
Alvin
Old 02-01-2002, 06:02 AM
Fit
Tech Apprentice

I'd be interested in running in an F1 class. It would be great if the cars are all box-stock.
Initially i got my F1 to join races at P.A. track but never got the chance to. By the time I got it, races for F1 are no longer held anymore.
Old 02-01-2002, 08:01 AM
Ray
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Would love to see F1 back. BUT....Traction may be a problem. Rubber tires don't work well. Anyone tried Foams? If it does return, then Nipple would have to bring in more F1 tires.

I'm for F1.
Old 02-01-2002, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Alvin

OTOH, I would love to run F1, M chassis or 1/10 scale pan classes... just wished the RCMC joining fee is lower!

Good point Alvin!!

Perhaps the fees for the F1 (or any 'fun' race) should not be as high as the touring car fees. Or there should be a discount for ppl who run both classes.

eg: $35 for running both touring cars and F1 or $15 for running F1 alone....something like that should increase the participation rate.

PHLim....care to comment??
Old 02-01-2002, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default f1 race at rcmc

hi all,
my friends are running f1s at jurong with sponge tires for a while, quite fun and aggressive (cars ended up in drains and crash nettings!!) etc. the cars handle well with tamiya hbr medium front and hbr soft rear on carpark lot. there will be f1 war at jurong tomorrow
Old 02-02-2002, 05:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

We shouldn't have any problems running races with rubber tires currently available in the market right now. Limited traction will only further test a driver's skills and abilities
Old 02-03-2002, 04:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default F1

IMHO:
Assuming that we can convince Nipple to operate it and Wui Kiat to Race Direct it:

1. It got to be an open race, My reasons are: restrictions are good to control cost, but it has two fundamental flaws:
a. It stifle creativity and excellence. [-- COMMENT REMOVED AS IT MAY HAVE OFFENDED SOME READERS, PLEASE ACCEPT MY SINCERE APOLOGIES IF YOU FELT OFFENDED BY MY COMMENTS HERE AND BE ASSURED THAT WHEN I WROTE IT, NO OFFENCE WAS INTENDED. --]
b. The restriction just saps up too much resources to check.

2. If it really got to be a restricted race, the only way I can see it work would be the race fee includes a single marked hand-out motor. E.g. a hand out $10 Mabuchi.

3. raygun, Alvin, Fit, Ray, Alana07 - we only got 5 respondants, not quite justifiable to put up the additional efforts. I need at least 9 confirmed interests.

4. KL trip status check - Only 2 interests, sorry guys (raygun & joehwee) I can't get a tour bus with only 2. But I can sent you dates of their races if I get any.

5. raygun's fee proposal seems fair without the hand out motor part.

Thanks to everyone for the active discussion here, please keep it up. I'll do another status check as soon as I can find time.

Last edited by phlim; 02-10-2002 at 08:00 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.